Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

sounds like the back 6 is as follows:

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:36 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

K wrote:
Interesting that Pelchen apparently thinks down back is where we're esp. weak.

I read that too. I respect the views of Pelchen who doesn't write Collingwood off like a few other scribes have done. Murray is definitely an unknown quantity until he plays his first game and Moore doesn't have a history of playing down back in the AFL. I'm wondering would Pelchen have made his comments if we had drafted Naughton instead of Stephenson? Unfortunately it's a choice between one or the other in the draft unless you're a GWS who have endless draft picks courtesy of the AFL.
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:22 am

Regardless of any outsiders view of our backline, I simply can't see any possible reason how it won't be in better shape this season.
1) Murray has been added to the list as a running defender. It's an acquisition.
2) Crisp went back there late last year and was good
3) Finally (regardless of what some posters think of them ) Sharenberg and Langdon have had injury free pre seasons
4) clearly Moore is going back there because people who know more than us, believe he will strengthen our backline ( in the short term at least )
5) we have coverage in case of injury. Maynard, Adams, Varcoe and Reid could all slot back there without disrupting the structure.

An injury to Howe would be hard to replace and Dunn is a year older but they are still unknowns and may not even be relevant this season.

As long as our midfield continue to run as hard defensively as going forward, we will be fine in the back half.
K 

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 11:55 am

BucksIsFutureCoach wrote:
I'm wondering would Pelchen have made his comments if we had drafted Naughton instead of Stephenson? ...

Apparently, the two played on each other (for at least part of the game) at the national championships, or whatever they're called.

P16, did you watch the relevant game?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2   

Jump to: