Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Darcy Moore - Back or Forward?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
View previous topic :: View next topic  
E 

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 1:08 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

BBHS wrote:
Anyone see the VFL final last year Mason Cox and Sam McClarty marked everything. Interesting that in the intra-club it was reported he did the same.

Anyone see reports of Smith routinely getting 40 plus possessions in the reserves? its a different sport.

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 4:58 am

stui magpie wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:
Might I suggest that in 2019 our spine could be the envy of every other team:

FB: McLarty/Dunne

CHB: Moore

CHF: Lynch

FF: Cox

Why are we getting boners over Lynch so far out when anything could still happen?

he may re-sign, he may take an offer elsewhere, I don't even want to think about him unless/until we sign him.

You're probably right stui, but I reckon the reason we are moving Darcy Moore to defence, is because there'll be no spot for him up forward when we snare Lynch. Time will tell.
qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 7:28 am

Moore can't play as a 1 out forward his body just won't handle it at all
He needs a real focal point to draw the best defender away as well as any spare man in defence the opposition play
Under those circumstances he would be a good forward but he is yet to really set a game alight.
He has the courage and the talent
As a defender his athletism would be near unstoppable plus his ability to run off his man and give us a target in the middle of the ground
At the GC training camp in the match simulation on the Monday he played both forward and back (half and half)
As a forward he played CHF and Cox at FF
Cox played very deep and often led to the non attacking pocket opening up the opposite pocket as well as the middle. It drew defenders away from the action in some ways. In those times Moore led direct up the middle and players like WHE Pendles Sidey Wells all dropped back behind him into the space 20-30m out from goal basically in front.
In defence when he played CHB (Reid went to CHF) he worked off his man up the middle giving us a target for a switch inboard with the likes of Sidey Wells Varcoe Stephenson Murray Treloar Crisp Adams running past in waves.
He looked comfortable doing both. He didn't excel at either but was far from lost as well
Interesting coming from defence we often went to Howe or Scharenberg with th first kick (taken by Dunn or Goldie) around 30-40m out to a pocket there first movement was to look inboard
This is were Moore Grundy Cox had positioned themselves for a mark
If they didn't look free we went up the line to the leads of WHE Pendles Stephenson who then worked inboard
We seemed very conscious of moving the ball quickly and through the middle opening up both pockets as well as the space 20-30m out from goals in front.
It's a work in progress obviously and without Elliott or Faz up forward it probably isn't working to its full potential yet
K 

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 4:37 am

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-02-02/buckley-buoyed-by-magpies-late-show

[fly-by mentions of a number of different things, incl. Darcy]
K 

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 7:26 pm

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-02-05/big-sponge-to-make-huge-impact-in-new-role-howe

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/collingwoods-darcy-moore-struggling-with-ongoing-achilles-tendon-problem-20180205-h0u5p5.html

[Achilles injury news]
MJ23 

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:50 am

K wrote:
http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-02-05/big-sponge-to-make-huge-impact-in-new-role-howe

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/collingwoods-darcy-moore-struggling-with-ongoing-achilles-tendon-problem-20180205-h0u5p5.html

[Achilles injury news]

This is a flat out lie.....
I was on the Gold Coast and went to Wed and Friday training.
Wed was more skills based and match sim focusing on kick-outs. Darcy completed 100% of this session playing as a defender on both Grundy and Cox supporting Mclarty.

Fridays session was much more intense - He did EVERY bit of match sim and full on match practice. In between drills the group did massive running loads which he didnt do. He stayed on the ground with several others kicking at goal.

This article is either lazy or a lie.

MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 8:45 am

MJ23 wrote:
K wrote:

[Achilles injury news]

Wed was more skills based and match sim focusing on kick-outs. Darcy completed 100% of this session playing as a defender on both Grundy and Cox supporting Mclarty.

Fridays session was much more intense - He did EVERY bit of match sim and full on match practice. In between drills the group did massive running loads which he didnt do. He stayed on the ground with several others kicking at goal.

You haven't been to every training session since November though. Moore has an ongoing injury concern and is being nurtured through the preseason to get him ready for the season proper. I would be very surprised to see him playing in the AFLX comp and he won't be playing all the JLT games.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:12 am

Having an on-going achilles injury is a real worry for Moore. I suspect he may not even feature early in the season. Better to give him complete rest to hopefully heal properly, then give him 4-5 weeks to regain full fitness.
Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:46 am

RudeBoy wrote:
Having an on-going achilles injury is a real worry for Moore. I suspect he may not even feature early in the season. Better to give him complete rest to hopefully heal properly, then give him 4-5 weeks to regain full fitness.

They take ages to heal properly. I put a small tear in mine and couldn't comfortably run again for 12 months.

masoncox 

masoncox

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:54 am

Skids wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:

They take ages to heal properly. I put a small tear in mine and couldn't comfortably run again for 12 months.

Do you remember the time Pebbles did his achilles?
He was running for the ball by himself and then it just snapped.
He looked around thinking someone had kicked him in the lower calf.
'The commentator immediately said it was his achilles because of the way he reacted.
K 

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:18 am

Skids wrote:

How did you do yours, Skids? (And what was the prescribed treatment --- rest or physiotherapy...?)
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:59 pm

If you snap your achilles ( as Rocca did ) then it's game over for 12 months.
I thought I read ( ? ) that Moore copped a kick in the Achilles which inflames the area. If that's the case, then you have to be very cautious with it for a while because the area is weakened and then it becomes prone to the big twang more readily.
It is what it is. If he misses a couple, then we just send Reid back there for a short while and rejig the forward line.
Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 1:29 pm

K wrote:
Skids wrote:

How did you do yours, Skids? (And what was the prescribed treatment --- rest or physiotherapy...?)

Over training on the running. I had a sore Achilles for a while but kept on running, went for a PB in a half marathon 2 weekends in a row (was on target the first one but cramped up at the 18k mark). Got the PB but pulled up very sore (and swollen).

Did the stupid thing and google diagnosed myself with tendinitis, rested it for a few weeks then tried to run again, not a smart idea.

Had scans done a few weeks later and they found a small lateral tear. Was on crutches for 4 weeks then heaps of physio treatment.

MJ23 

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 3:16 pm

BucksIsFutureCoach wrote:
MJ23 wrote:
K wrote:

[Achilles injury news]

You haven't been to every training session since November though. Moore has an ongoing injury concern and is being nurtured through the preseason to get him ready for the season proper. I would be very surprised to see him playing in the AFLX comp and he won't be playing all the JLT games.

hang on, read the article then look at what I posted....

Quote:
"and has played no part in any match simulation since Christmas"

He took part in every single minute of match sim / full ground match practice in the two days I went to watch training. He was far from out of condition which this suggests.
Im not saying they are not managing him - he didnt do any of the intense running - but he is far from as bad as is suggested.

Id be more worried about Howe. He did no training and only light running / walking laps. Discussion with trainers were around his calf.

K 

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 3:35 pm

MJ23 wrote:
Id be more worried about Howe. He did no training and only light running / walking laps. Discussion with trainers were around his calf.

Interesting. There's an afl.com.au article on that also. (I posted it in the Howe thread.)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3   

Jump to: