Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

[Collingwood Womens Team] Darcy Guttridge Break Collar Bone

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The AFLW Magpies

Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
themonk 

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:58 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Can we provide the ladies with their own forum on Nicks? we do it for our VFL team.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 2:10 pm

why do you need to segregate the women? if your not interested, do as i do and skip past the thread.
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 2:25 pm

themonk wrote:
Can we provide the ladies with their own forum on Nicks? we do it for our VFL team.

Not a bad Idea so the People are Interested can go there and don't have people being Negative in there

themonk 

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:59 pm

Dave The Man wrote:
themonk wrote:

Not a bad Idea so the People are Interested can go there and don't have people being Negative in there

thank u dtm

do they not deserve their own forum?
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 8:21 pm

Dave The Man wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:
As more and more collision type injuries, particularly concussions, occur in women's football, I suspect there will be a few people begin to question the merits of promoting footy to young girls, when there are already well established team sports with high female participation rates, such as netball, basketball, hockey and soccer, which are far less brutal. I realise that there are some females who are strong enough to cope with gladiator type sports, but for the most part, females are not as strong as men, so are likely to be more prone to injury from participation in such sports.

I dislike women's football for this reason, just as I dislike women's boxing. I've got no problem with girls or women doing boxing or playing footy, if they want to, but I have no interest at all in watching them doing it.

I have no Problem with Women Boxing and Football but you can't Expect it to be the Same as Men.

Don't like it then don't watch but you should not just Bag it JUST because they are Women Playing It

i wouldnt care if the womans team won the next ten flags, it means bugger all, nothing, there is only ONE flag worth winning, as the dogs and tigers showed,and thats the AFL one, nothing else matters, nothing. I see they arent charging money for folks to come and watch them again, cos nobody would fork out their hard earned to watch it, simple. When the mens Pies have won two flags in a row i might start likeing it, but its too much of a distraction for mine, the club is at the crossroads this season, bucks is on very thin ice, this is a make or break year, finals or nothing, we cant be sidetracked by net ball and this stuff.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 8:45 pm

think positive wrote:
K wrote:
think positive wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:
As more and more collision type injuries, particularly concussions, occur in women's football, I suspect there will be a few people begin to question the merits of promoting footy to young girls, when there are already well established team sports with high female participation rates, such as netball, basketball, hockey and soccer, which are far less brutal. I realise that there are some females who are strong enough to cope with gladiator type sports, but for the most part, females are not as strong as men, so are likely to be more prone to injury from participation in such sports.

I’m with you! My youngest showed brief interest when several friends joined a teams, she played in her school team. I went to watch an inter game and was glad she didn’t Persue it! Her best friend has just had 2 major operations on her knee at just 22, she’s a skinny little thing, it was always going to happen, and not the first time she’s been off in an ambulance. And she’s a state level player. I’ve tried to watch it, but tend to lose interest. It’s like watching Melbourne.

Certainly, the game is physically hazardous, but is it actually more so for them? Yes, they're not as strong, but nor are their opponents. Is the game too dangerous for, say, 13-year-old boys?
If it is more dangerous, is it because of the seriousness & competitive intensity that professionalism brings (presumably missing from the games of 13-year-olds)?

yeah i dont equate that at all. I have no problem with Women playing it, i just didnt want my daughter too! She does enough damage playing netball with out the opposition deliberately trying to take her out with a full body slam!

and as for watching it i just dont find it holds my interest for long. I love to watch my daughter play netball, and I often watch finals shes not been involved in, but the top grade stuff leaves me cold! too clinical!! Id have no interst watching either womens team unless i knew some one playing in it really well! it just doesnt hold my attention. But i can pretty much watch AFL all day no matter whos playing!

I watch Collingwood Games but I also find it hard to Watch Non-Collingwood Games in the AFLW

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 8:45 pm

themonk wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:
themonk wrote:

thank u dtm

do they not deserve their own forum?

Yes,They Do and People who come on here Complain about when a Women's Thread Starts don't have to go there

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 4:01 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:

I dislike women's football for this reason, just as I dislike women's boxing. I've got no problem with girls or women doing boxing or playing footy, if they want to, but I have no interest at all in watching them doing it.

I have no Problem with Women Boxing and Football but you can't Expect it to be the Same as Men.

Don't like it then don't watch but you should not just Bag it JUST because they are Women Playing It

i wouldnt care if the womans team won the next ten flags, it means bugger all, nothing, there is only ONE flag worth winning, as the dogs and tigers showed,and thats the AFL one, nothing else matters, nothing. I see they arent charging money for folks to come and watch them again, cos nobody would fork out their hard earned to watch it, simple. When the mens Pies have won two flags in a row i might start likeing it, but its too much of a distraction for mine, the club is at the crossroads this season, bucks is on very thin ice, this is a make or break year, finals or nothing, we cant be sidetracked by net ball and this stuff.

yep

billy_picken25 Cancer

billy_picken25

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:45 am

Wish you a quick recovery Darcy.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The AFLW Magpies All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2   

Jump to: