Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Not wanting to go to night games

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WhyPhilWhy? 

WhyPhilWhy?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 7:02 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

The facts are that we've actually never been safer.

The problem is, neither have we had so much access to information.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 8:05 am

Where do you get that fact from? I don’t believe it for a minute
Cleomenes 

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 8:41 am

Don't mistake news headlines for facts. Politicians strive to create headlines for their own purposes, and they will distort or selectively use facts whenever it creates the headline they want.
In this case Dutton has pulled a few incidents out of the background and used them skillfully to cause fear and hysteria to become a talking point. He scored. The fact that it stirs up hatred for a small group in the community doesn't matter to him. Political points have been scored and that is all that matters. He has even contaminated big footy with it.

MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 9:09 am

Cleomenes wrote:
Don't mistake news headlines for facts. Politicians strive to create headlines for their own purposes, and they will distort or selectively use facts whenever it creates the headline they want.
In this case Dutton has pulled a few incidents out of the background and used them skillfully to cause fear and hysteria to become a talking point. He scored. The fact that it stirs up hatred for a small group in the community doesn't matter to him. Political points have been scored and that is all that matters. He has even contaminated big footy with it.

Your views of Dutton are coloured by your voting habits, just as people who criticise Andrews are biased towards their voting habits. The real culprits here are not the politicians who are just doing their job, but rather the police and the judiciary, who are supposed to be above politics, but who have been playing the game. And the ones who are suffering are the public who should be protected from assault by recitative offenders who are give chance after chance by weak magistrates and the police are no better than these magistrates because they stand around and watch the lunatics on the streets rather than arrest them.
Cleomenes 

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 9:41 am

BucksIsFutureCoach wrote:
Cleomenes wrote:

Your views of Dutton are coloured by your voting habits, just as people who criticise Andrews are biased towards their voting habits. The real culprits here are not the politicians who are just doing their job, but rather the police and the judiciary, who are supposed to be above politics, but who have been playing the game. And the ones who are suffering are the public who should be protected from assault by recitative offenders who are give chance after chance by weak magistrates and the police are no better than these magistrates because they stand around and watch the lunatics on the streets rather than arrest them.

Politicians are almost uniformly scum of the lowest kind. The fact that it is Dutton rather than some labor lowlife in action in this case seems to blind you as a presumed liberal voter to the way they all operate. Lets get back to the footy, rather than give these maggots our attention.

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 11:29 am
Post subject: Re: Not Wanting to go to Night GamesReply with quote

RudeBoy wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:
Read/Watching stuff Like this:

https://twitter.com/9NewsMelb/status/954248346541047809

and African Gangs.

I just thinking I might not go to Night Games as you are Not That Safe at night going from MCG to Richmond Station.

I am really Considering this is what I will do this Season

FFS Dave, this media fixation with 'African gangs' is creating unnecessary hysteria. I can tell you for a fact that there was a lot more violence going to and from games back in the 60s and 70s. In general, there were sharpie gangs in many suburbs and alcohol fueled violence was common place at pubs and other entertainment venues.

Very true, I saw some right old barneys out at Vic Park and Waverley, carpark, tyre irons being used, fist fights, mayhem.

Living in fear is not living at all, same as with terrorism, just get out and enjoy life. Or as Rooselvelt said, "WE HAVE NOTHING TO FEAR, BUT FEAR ITSELF. Cool

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 12:23 pm

BucksIsFutureCoach wrote:
Cleomenes wrote:

It's the Weak as Piss Judges is a Major Reason

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 7:43 am

Agree Dave
magman29 

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 9:48 am

Geez, anyone who thinks we havn`t got an African gang problem is living in LA LA land.... go tell it to the people who have been bashed, had their cars and phones stolen, and their house doors kicked in.. open your eyes
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 4:48 pm

magman29 wrote:
Geez, anyone who thinks we havn`t got an African gang problem is living in LA LA land.... go tell it to the people who have been bashed, had their cars and phones stolen, and their house doors kicked in.. open your eyes

Well from first hand experience I can tell you that the burglaries, robberies, including bashings, from the large numbers of junkies in my inner city neighborhood, are almost all committed by Anglo/Whites. So I guess that means we have a 'white problem' in Richmond and Collingwood. Rolling Eyes
magman29 

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 6:21 pm

yes ,you may be right, so does that mean we are not having an African problem ?... love you to talk to a friend of mine in the western suburbs. I am sure he would be very grateful to you for reasuring him and his wife after their ordeal, or hey maybe they are colorblind and they were not African. I am not saying there are no white problems, but don`t say we dont have an African one. come on ,agree we have.... NO ? OK
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 7:00 pm

magman29 wrote:

and Get out of there PC Ass's.

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 7:05 pm

[quotemagman29]Geez anyone who must be very smart.
Woods Capricorn

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 7:29 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
magman29 wrote:

Well from first hand experience I can tell you that the burglaries, robberies, including bashings, from the large numbers of junkies in my inner city neighborhood, are almost all committed by Anglo/Whites. So I guess that means we have a 'white problem' in Richmond and Collingwood. Rolling Eyes

Bit of a low act to play the race card.
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 7:30 pm

How thoughtful.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5   

Jump to: