Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Not wanting to go to night games

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 9:00 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

RudeBoy wrote:
magman29 wrote:
Geez, anyone who thinks we havn`t got an African gang problem is living in LA LA land.... go tell it to the people who have been bashed, had their cars and phones stolen, and their house doors kicked in.. open your eyes

Well from first hand experience I can tell you that the burglaries, robberies, including bashings, from the large numbers of junkies in my inner city neighborhood, are almost all committed by Anglo/Whites. So I guess that means we have a 'white problem' in Richmond and Collingwood. Rolling Eyes

Honestly, does it matter which skin colour commits the crime? We have a gutless judiciary that refuses to lock anybody up and a police force frightened of arresting anybody in case the human rights lawyers sue them for hurting their clients. The consequence of this is that a recent poll showed Victorians are in fear of being assaulted in their own homes. What happened tonight in Sydney where a guy was killed by the police after maiming a cop, wouldn't have happened in Melbourne unless the guy had taken out ten others.
5 from the wing on debut 

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 1:54 pm

BucksIsFutureCoach wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:
magman29 wrote:
Geez, anyone who thinks we havn`t got an African gang problem is living in LA LA land.... go tell it to the people who have been bashed, had their cars and phones stolen, and their house doors kicked in.. open your eyes

Well from first hand experience I can tell you that the burglaries, robberies, including bashings, from the large numbers of junkies in my inner city neighborhood, are almost all committed by Anglo/Whites. So I guess that means we have a 'white problem' in Richmond and Collingwood. Rolling Eyes

Honestly, does it matter which skin colour commits the crime? We have a gutless judiciary that refuses to lock anybody up and a police force frightened of arresting anybody in case the human rights lawyers sue them for hurting their clients. The consequence of this is that a recent poll showed Victorians are in fear of being assaulted in their own homes. What happened tonight in Sydney where a guy was killed by the police after maiming a cop, wouldn't have happened in Melbourne unless the guy had taken out ten others.

I have been reading this thread with interest even though it has moved away from Collingwood issues. That's bound to happen though when nothing is happening in the footy world. Time for my two cents worth.

1. If you have a problem with the judiciary and its sentencing processes, blame those that are responsible. That usually includes the apathetic, amongst which are those complaining. If people voted at elections based on law and order policies - such as, we won't build more roads or fund more hospitals, we will increase mandatory sentencing offences and build more jails, then that is what would occur, but people don't vote that way.

2. On an argument where race comes into it there will always be two camps (excluding members of this board of course!). Those who deny that there is a problem because they are blinded by their irrational ideological beliefs, and those that want to exacerbate reports of the problem, either to influence immigration policy or to sell media advertising space. The truth is normally somewhere in the middle.

3. I haven't seen first hand any violence in Melbourne for many years. Perhaps I am just lucky. Anyone attempting to invade a home in my area would be shot very quickly (cue the anti gun lobby).I grew up at a time when there were very regular fights at school or in the street. And, every second week after the games at Vic Park. I don't know what the statistics say for street violence, but I understand our murder rates are a fraction of what they used to be. I can't see a problem getting home after a night game.

4. I am not a cop. I know quite a few of them, stationed in different parts of Melbourne. They have all said to me, separately, and from about 4 or 5 years ago, that there is an existing crime problem with Sudanese refugees. Not specifically gangs of them though. Different attitudes towards our laws, and how easy it was to rob/steal/make money without really bad consequences, seemed to be the common theme. They all expressed frustration that it was not reported. They couldn't say that it was an offender of African appearance. That has changed recently. If there's an issue, it should be discussed publically and dealt with rather than being ignored so that it can grow.

5. Dave, just go to the footy. Sudanese gangs will run from the rabid Collingwood horde, especially if we lose. And, if you wear a t-shirt with Lord Kitchener's face on it they will give you a very wide birth (I won't explain what that means, this isn't the place for British war history).
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 3:45 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
magman29 wrote:

Sudanese people can't afford to live there, it's reserved for wealthy white people, Chinese and vietnamese, and junkies. Razz

http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/this-map-shows-where-migrants-from-around-the-world-have-settled-in-melbourne-20170822-gy1dqh.html

masoncox 

masoncox

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 3:48 pm

Well Lord Kitchener was born in Ireland so he would have been at home in Collingwood in our early years. Would not have found a Sudanese man except in a circus though. Over the years I have taught many sudanese and somalian kids including coaching them in footy. I have always thought there is no difference in kids from any part of the world. I have taught kids from hollywood high to timbuctu. But like kids from the Bronx some will turn to crime given their miserable background. Remember these kids aren't in any organised criminal groups like the mafia or bikies or russian drug cartels. Just stupid kids being amateurs in the crime stakes.
They will intergrate like every other racial group. Just give it time. That is what is so good about Australia. Boredom of surburbia slowly settles them down.
5 from the wing on debut 

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 5:43 pm

masoncox wrote:
Well Lord Kitchener was born in Ireland so he would have been at home in Collingwood in our early years. Would not have found a Sudanese man except in a circus though. Over the years I have taught many sudanese and somalian kids including coaching them in footy. I have always thought there is no difference in kids from any part of the world. I have taught kids from hollywood high to timbuctu. But like kids from the Bronx some will turn to crime given their miserable background. Remember these kids aren't in any organised criminal groups like the mafia or bikies or russian drug cartels. Just stupid kids being amateurs in the crime stakes.
They will intergrate like every other racial group. Just give it time. That is what is so good about Australia. Boredom of surburbia slowly settles them down.

You are right. It was not Lord Kitchener, it was Earl Kitchener that I should have referred to. He was older than Lord K. He led the British forces in the "River War" in the Sudan, and as requested, brought the Mahdi's head back to the Queen as a trophy (supposedly in a jam tin). Winston Churchill was in the infantry and wrote about it.

I think that it was the first time that machine guns and hollow point bullets were used in war. The Sudanese army and cavalry was many times larger than the British forces. Final score, in terms of fatalities, Sudanese 15,000, British 50. To misquote the Coodabeens Champions the Sudanese said " well we didn't see that coming, we will have to regroup and try again next week".

I didn't mean in my post that all Sudanese kids have problems. Sport seems to be doing good things for them by giving them a sense of belonging and inclusion. My boys play Friday night rep basketball & therefore play against many Sudanese when playing against teams like Collingwood and Dandenong. Save for one isolated incident over the years I can't recall a Sudanese boy ever being disrespectful to a ref. or otherwise being a problem. I have never seen a Sudanese parent cross the line either. That's the great thing about sport and sporting clubs. I imagine that if it we did know the stats they would show that those that are involved in one are far less likely to offend than those that are not.

The Magistrates Court set up a Koori court some years ago and that is working well by involving tribal elders. The elders aren't involved in the sentencing but they talk to the offenders during the hearing. That has led to a marked reduction in repeat offences. Something similar may work with the Sudanese community where recidivism is a problem. That was my point above. You have to first acknowledge that there is an issue so that you can then try to do something about it.
masoncox 

masoncox

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 7:02 pm

Fair comment 5ftwod.
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 7:43 pm

Yup, fair points. There is an issue and denying it is stupid, but it's equally stupid to suggest it's all Sudanese kids, or even the majority. It's a small number of dickheads doing the damage, but they're doing enough damage that it needs fixing, which is why the Sudanese community is involved.
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 9:07 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
magman29 wrote:

I do hate that Criminals have Rights. They are Criminals and there Rights should be given up.

Someone goes into you Premises or House without Permission the Owner should be able to Protect Himself and Family without Worrying about getting in Trouble themselves

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 9:09 pm

5 from the wing on debut wrote:
5. Dave, just go to the footy. Sudanese gangs will run from the rabid Collingwood horde, especially if we lose. And, if you wear a t-shirt with Lord Kitchener's face on it they will give you a very wide birth (I won't explain what that means, this isn't the place for British war history).

Good Point. Being in a Crowd would make it safter(Not 100% Safe).

Though I do go the Backway to Richmond Station and not as many People There

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 9:11 pm

Though I have a Good Mate that I come home with the Footy With and that does help
White Black n Blood 

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 10:23 pm

Weighing in a little late here. I work with young offenders - have never seen such little remorse as I have from young Sudanese males. Many have come from horrific backgrounds and have no empathy whatsoever.

I have been shocked by what I've heard and seen at times, and have been in the industry for well over 20 years. If you think this is a problem now, you're just scratching the surface. In many communities a culture of fear (perpetrated by the young males) prevents things being reported.

The press are getting canned for beating this up, but if they reported on one tenth of what is happening i'd be incredibly surprised.

In regards to the footy, night games and crowds - you'll be fine. These boys hunt in packs, and, believe it or not, are quite well organised. There is no chance they'd be silly enough to do something when they're vastly outnumbered. At the footy, around the ground and even as far as the train home - no dramas. If you live in one of the areas these cohorts congregate, it's after you leave the train station that you're in trouble.

All that being said, they are a very small percentage of the Sudanese population, let alone the African population in Melbourne. You will not find more sweethearts than you will in the Eritrean, and Ethiopian communities. Somalians are a funny bunch - they always sound angry even when they're not. Sudanese... well, they're from a war-torn country and experiences within it have shaped them. It's no excuse at all, but once you've seen that kind of stuff daily, a bashing or robbery isn't viewed as all that dramatic. By them, anyway.

Take care out there, guys.

magman29 

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 8:44 am

Well said B & B......... also agree on the Ethiopians, I know several great families of them
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 4:45 pm

White Black n Blood wrote:
In regards to the footy, night games and crowds - you'll be fine. These boys hunt in packs, and, believe it or not, are quite well organised. There is no chance they'd be silly enough to do something when they're vastly outnumbered. At the footy, around the ground and even as far as the train home - no dramas. If you live in one of the areas these cohorts congregate, it's after you leave the train station that you're in trouble.

Well I would be Catching the Frankston Train and I don't think they are any Big Sudanese/African Youths have problems at these places(At the Moment). Plus I get Picked up from the Train Station. At Night I would get off at Bonebeach with my Mate and then my Dad would be there or shortly afterwards pick me up there and drive me back home

MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 5:03 pm

Dave The Man wrote:

Well I would be Catching the Frankston Train and I don't think they are any Big Sudanese/African Youths have problems at these places(At the Moment). Plus I get Picked up from the Train Station. At Night I would get off at Bonebeach with my Mate and then my Dad would be there or shortly afterwards pick me up there and drive me back home

Wasn't a PSO attacked and injured by a total loser at Seaford station the other night. The dipstick wasn't of African appearance and the police knew who he was because he was arrested the following day at his home in Dandenong South. My guess is he was out on parole or bail for priors, so you wonder many offences people need to commit before they get locked up. It can't be too hard to lock somebody up because when I drive at 61 km/hr in a 60 zone, I soon get a nasty letter from the sheriff's office threatening to lock me up if I don't pay the fine (and I'm law abiding).
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 7:41 pm

Dave The Man wrote:

Wasn't a PSO attacked and injured by a total loser at Seaford station the other night. The dipstick wasn't of African appearance and the police knew who he was because he was arrested the following day at his home in Dandenong South. My guess is he was out on parole or bail for priors, so you wonder many offences people need to commit before they get locked up. It can't be too hard to lock somebody up because when I drive at 61 km/hr in a 60 zone, I soon get a nasty letter from the sheriff's office threatening to lock me up if I don't pay the fine (and I'm law abiding).

So I guess just better stay home all the time then anyone can attack you at any time because the World is no Longer a Safe Place to Live anymore

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5   

Jump to: