Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Sudanese crime in Melbourne

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 24, 25, 26  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2018 8:42 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I don't go out to eat dinner, and the only Sudanese within 15km of me are around Heidelberg where I wouldn't go walking at night anyway.

The biggest issue appears to be in the sth eastern and western burbs where there is a concentration of sudanese, so enough of a mass to let the bad eggs have some numbers. In those areas I daresay there are people who're scared.

Is it an exaggeration? yep.
Is it racist? Is saying men rape sexist?

K 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2018 8:51 pm

stui magpie wrote:
Well I don't go out to eat dinner, and the only Sudanese within 15km of me are around Heidelberg where I wouldn't go walking at night anyway.

Heidelberg? Which parts of Heidelberg are bad (and which are not)?
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2018 9:10 pm

It's becoming more upmarket, but I'd steer clear of the Olympic Village area if you're out for a twilight jog.

A lot of the housing commission places have been bulldozed and sold off, but there's still a fair few.

There's probably more Somalians than Sudanese in the area, you see all the little girls in the batman suit if you go past La Trobe College in Macleod, but they seem to have settled down. When my Son was at Macleod College, he was friends with 4 Mohammad's who were distinguished by height and girth and they drive clown cars. One day, after a Somalian kid must have complained at home about being bullied, 2 cars pulled up at the school and 20 Somalians piled out and jumped the fence seeking retribution.

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2018 10:28 pm

Olympic Village is a very dangerous place - it has been since white people were first allowed in there.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2018 10:43 pm

^White people? - yes, the bastards are everywhere.
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2018 11:21 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
Olympic Village is a very dangerous place - it has been since white people were first allowed in there.

Yep, in about 1957 after they used it for public housing. All that po white trash in one area.

roar 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 12:05 pm

Yep, the Somali influx has gentrified the area somewhat.
thesoretoothsayer 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 2:41 pm

There are no African gangs and people who say so are racist.
By the way, here's a draconian new law aimed at stopping young people from associating with criminals.
It has absolutely nothing, I repeat NOTHING to do with African gangs because, after all, African gangs do not exist.
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-07-24/changes-to-victorian-anti-association-laws-attacked/10028986?WT.ac=statenews_vic
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 3:47 pm

Typical Labor – Libs roll out the "tough-on-crime" card (i.e. the only one they have) and they feel they need to play catch-up. This sounds like a terrible law.

BTW, the issue that seems to be confusing people here is the word "gang". Nobody is disputing that African-Australians are overrepresented in certain crimes at the moment, or that some of these crimes are committed in groups. What Victoria Police have been clear about from the beginning is that, in most cases, these aren't "gangs" as we know it – rather, they're loose collectives of people who, in some cases, may barely know each other. That may seem like splitting hairs, but when language is used lazily, the problem potentially ends up being misrepresented and characterised as something much more systematic and unresolvable than it actually is.

Last edited by David on Tue Jul 24, 2018 3:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 3:50 pm

But I am not a typical .
thesoretoothsayer 

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2018 9:58 am

Demographics is destiny, so whether you like it or not expect many more African-Australians:
https://www.businessinsider.com.au/africas-population-explosion-will-change-humanity-2015-8?r=US&IR=T
Similarly, whether you like it or not, Europe has an African future.
You can rail against it all you want but thems the facts.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2018 10:49 am

thesoretoothsayer wrote:
Demographics is destiny, so whether you like it or not expect many more African-Australians:
https://www.businessinsider.com.au/africas-population-explosion-will-change-humanity-2015-8?r=US&IR=T
how is that any different from English-Australians, Greek-Australians, Lebanese-Australians!
thesoretoothsayer 

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2018 10:55 am

think positive wrote:
thesoretoothsayer wrote:
how is that any different from English-Australians, Greek-Australians, Lebanese-Australians!

In no way whatsoever.
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2018 2:45 pm

stui magpie wrote:
There's a reason Sudanese are over represented in crime statistic, the gangs of young Sudanese are a problem.

Saying that people in Melbourne are scared to go out for dinner takes us back to a previous argument about language. If Dutton etc added the word "some" in front of "people in Melbourne" , would it be less of a problem?

It's more than simple semantics with language. The federal liberals have been adding to the delberate tactics to associate fear and loathing with crime to assist Mathew Guy and the state Libs. This is deliberate, regular & obvious ploy.

However if Dutton added that he should be more careful indeed apologise how he goes about scapegoating a community for the actions of a few then I would agree with the semantics.

Politicians should not be entrusted with such difficult and complex issues such as law and crime. Dutton is the single reason why they shouldn't. Exhibit 1 if you like.

However this avoids the issue that is calling a person an idiot when she didn't do what you accused / implied / inferred she did. A type of straw woman argument.

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2018 6:21 pm

watt price tully wrote:
stui magpie wrote:
There's a reason Sudanese are over represented in crime statistic, the gangs of young Sudanese are a problem.

Saying that people in Melbourne are scared to go out for dinner takes us back to a previous argument about language. If Dutton etc added the word "some" in front of "people in Melbourne" , would it be less of a problem?

It's more than simple semantics with language. The federal liberals have been adding to the delberate tactics to associate fear and loathing with crime to assist Mathew Guy and the state Libs. This is deliberate, regular & obvious ploy.

However if Dutton added that he should be more careful indeed apologise how he goes about scapegoating a community for the actions of a few then I would agree with the semantics.

Politicians should not be entrusted with such difficult and complex issues such as law and crime. Dutton is the single reason why they shouldn't. Exhibit 1 if you like.

However this avoids the issue that is calling a person an idiot when she didn't do what you accused / implied / inferred she did. A type of straw woman argument.

Unfortunately, we elect politicians to make the laws. Note Danny boy and his new proposed law about 14yr olds associating with gangs.

All politicians should be more careful with their language, yet on both sides they err on the side of riding the latest populist wave. Like SHY.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 24, 25, 26  Next
Page 8 of 26   

Jump to: