Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Sudanese crime in Melbourne

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 24, 25, 26  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2018 1:40 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

The UK decided not to publish or report the race of perpetrators in an overrepresented crime; then they got Rotherham and other Pakistani Muslim grooming gangs raping 1000s of girls.

Last edited by Wokko on Sun Aug 12, 2018 1:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2018 1:40 pm

watt price tully wrote:
think positive wrote:
Chinese were other twenty-five years ago. So were the Indians. There was no issue. Australians are clearly very accepting of people of any race as long as they, on average, fit in, work, and do no particular violence.

I agree.

Labelling the labellers isnt doing a damn thing.
There is a post on Facebook about Blacktown NSW and how their sudenese population has intregrated into the community. This is no different from the arguments about muslims. Respect the country who has taken you in.

I really do feel for the good law abiding sudenese families copping the sideways glances because of the actions of the feral few. If our laws cant stop gang violence or disarray then they need to be strengthened until they are effective, no matter what colour race or flavour they are.

Friggin' labelist

Is that a left or right labelist though??!

Mugwump 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:36 pm

watt price tully wrote:
Mugwump wrote:
I get where that is coming from, but I think its a well-intentioned kind of suppression and censorship.

The point of current reporting on the Sudanese issue is that we have already established that there is a real problem with youth from that group. .......

I'm sure you don't intend to do it, but we always need to qualify it with some youth of that nominated group. I know you don't mean all and I'm not trying to make a gotchya moment however that can be concerning without that sort of qualification.

A fair point, WPT. I usually try to catch these qualifications (or at least I think I do), but clearly there are lots of good Sudanese kids. I suppose I meant it in the same way as one might write (say) there is a problem with low expectations among the youth of the white working class. It was not meant to imply universality or a majority.

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 5:53 pm

So the Media is the Only Reason why we have African Gangs then? Rolling Eyes
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 6:55 pm

Dave The Man wrote:

Where do you get that idea from DTM? Its certainly not an opinion offered by anyone Ive seen in on Nicks.

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 7:07 pm

watt price tully wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:

Where do you get that idea from DTM? Its certainly not an opinion offered by anyone Ive seen in on Nicks.

From this Article:

https://www.3aw.com.au/melbourne-mayors-call-for-end-to-fear-mongering-over-african-gangs-by-media-and-politicians/

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 7:32 pm

^

Interesting that only one of the councils that made the call have any sizeable population of Sudanese people. The others who do, weren't named.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:15 pm

Dave The Man wrote:
watt price tully wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:

From this Article:

https://www.3aw.com.au/melbourne-mayors-call-for-end-to-fear-mongering-over-african-gangs-by-media-and-politicians/

Thee's a huge difference between the fear mongering by the media that Local govenments are complaining about and your question that the media is the only reason we have racism. The two are not the same DTM

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:29 pm

^

You just replaced the term "African gangs" with the word "racism"

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:33 pm

stui magpie wrote:
^

Pretty Much. Been a Few on here saying Media played a Big Part

Mugwump 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:42 pm

If we can get clear on the distinctions between truth that I do not like to hear and fear-mongering, that would be helpful.
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:43 pm

Do you think everyone will agree?
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:36 pm

stui magpie wrote:
^

I did: Thank you Dr Freud. Too rushed! Was meant to be African gangs. Mea Culpa. Too rushed & soo tired from work.

Just worked pm followed by am followed by pm then am today. Single day off tomorrow then three shifts b4 weekend off. Not long b4 5 weeks off. I'm tired......that's my excuse

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:46 pm

No dramas, I'm told work can do that to you. Wink
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 1:03 pm

John Sylvester asked me to post this for Mugwump:

"...Crime figures are used by both sides to justify their position, but be wary of any percentages where the actual number is small - for example, if one crime becomes two it is a jump of 100 per cent, but it is hardly circle-the-wagons stuff. While Sudanese are over-represented as offenders, the actual number of crimes remains small.

Internal police figures show that of Victoria's 15,000 "serious" crimes ranging from murder, serious assaults, rape and armed robberies to carjackings, around 200 are committed by offenders of Sudanese descent - which means you are 74 times more likely to be attacked by non-Sudanese.

If there are two victims per offence, then the odds of not falling victim to Sudanese crime gangs stands at 99.9938 per cent. To put that in perspective, you are twice as likely to be bitten by a snake, five times more likely to need rescuing from drowning in the sea or 16 times more likely to suffer serious vehicle damage after hitting a kangaroo. (Maybe we should send kangaroos back to where they came from, and dont get me started on black snakes.)

So what do these statistics prove? Absolutely nothing, other than that you can always find a set of numbers to justify an argument.

According to Bateson, there is a Sudanese crime problem that falls well short of a crisis. We know there is an issue and we are dealing with it - we are making more arrests than ever before - we are talking about a total of around 150 hardcore offenders.

https://www.theage.com.au/national/victoria/crime-gangs-facts-fiction-and-furphies-20180815-p4zxo2.html

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 24, 25, 26  Next
Page 19 of 26   

Jump to: