Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Sudanese crime in Melbourne

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 24, 25, 26  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:13 pm
Post subject: Sudanese crime in MelbourneReply with quote

A few facts:

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-01-17/what-statistics-tell-us-about-melbournes-african-crime-issue/9336604?pfmredir=sm

Mugwump 

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:39 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

^ poorly structured, weak for hypothesis testing. But to the extent conclusions may be guessed at, pretty damning. 0.1% of the population but ca 10% of aggravated burglaries committed by youths, and almost 3% of the serious assaults. Since it not clear what % of the total youth population are Sudanese, it’s not possible to do the chi-square analysis required, but it’s likely to show a massively disproportionate propensity for brutal crimes among S youth.

Edit : you probably could almost work out the population numbers required for a chi-square by cross-referencing the data given. Pity the journalist couldn’t find a proper statistician to actually do the work the article required. I suspect that might have unclouded the answer too much for comfort. Even fActs can be deemed racist, in the modern world.

Last edited by Mugwump on Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:44 pm
Post subject: Re: Sudanese crime in MelbourneReply with quote

David wrote:
A few facts:

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-01-17/what-statistics-tell-us-about-melbournes-african-crime-issue/9336604?pfmredir=sm

It's the folk of "Caucasian appearance" you really have to watch out for. Wink
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:49 pm

The important thing to accept is that really bad crimes are always committed by people who don't share your ethnic background, wherever you're from. It's always other people who are the worst - they're all bloodthirsty bastards, whoever they are.
Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:09 pm

The left sure love non proportional statistics when it comes to ethnic/racial crimes.
Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:25 pm

Sudanese athlete says police and pollies need to wake up to gang problem

A SUDANESE man who was stabbed says police and pollies are wrong. Australia does have a problem with African gangs.

“Nobody should ever try and cover up or defend this unacceptable behaviour — to do so is immoral and inexplicable,” he wrote. “It is upsetting and completely false".

"Some of these kids have gone too far now. They’re a disgrace to themselves, to their families and to their community.

“This behaviour has been ongoing for nearly two years. Enough is enough.

“It makes me ashamed and embarrassed to call myself a Sudanese.”

http://www.news.com.au/national/victoria/crime/sudanese-athlete-says-police-and-pollies-need-to-wake-up-to-gang-problem/news-story/cb90fd83bbe59d51d963d46518022d08

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:25 pm

They Should Get Kicked out of the Country Permanently and don't take any more Sudanesse Migrants
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:29 pm

Why should they be Get Kicked out of the Country and don't take a more Sudanesse Migrants?
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:40 pm

Wokko wrote:
The left sure love non proportional statistics when it comes to ethnic/racial crimes.
What a crock of shit. Forget this left right bullshit. Crime happens and it's only suckers that believe everything they read/hear off the media that are making people fear for their lives. If I took all that shit in I would be too scared to venture outside. Tell me how many of you, your friends or family been directly affected by so called African crime? No one I know has and I live in one of the main suburbs affected by the so called African Crime Gangs. Most would not know if a Crime gang was up their arse even if I gave them a mirror on a stick to check (borrowed from a movie). Gangs were around when I was young (35 years ago). We fought the Vietnamese gangs in North Melbourne and we had guns and knives back then. I have never seen anyone deny there is crime I just see they deny the level of crime. Fck me, we had white boys bash police in Lorne, fck all reported in the media about that. After a few offences by "Africans" in Cranbourne, the Police media posted that they have arrested offenders and no surprise nothing in the media. Then a few days later after more arrests we had it mentioned in the media in small detail hidden somewhere. What we have is a minority of little picks making a story for the suckers to run with an the media on an "African" hysteria push. Hey but please stay home and don't go outside and keep safe. We have the LNP who have one policy that believe it will win them the election, all their eggs in one basket. All this from a guy who dines with the mob.
Mugwump 

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:48 pm

Culprit wrote:
What a crock of shit. Forget this left right bullshit..... We have the LNP who have one policy that believe it will win them the election, all their eggs in one basket. All this from a guy who dines with the mob.

Indeed, why use “Left/Right bullshit” as political shorthand ? Everything’s the LNP’s fault, after all. Less complicated bullshit.

Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 4:52 am

Everything's Dan's fault in Victoria. He's even made the forecast temperature of 42 today and a Total Fire Ban.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 7:43 am

Skids wrote:
Sudanese athlete says police and pollies need to wake up to gang problem

A SUDANESE man who was stabbed says police and pollies are wrong. Australia does have a problem with African gangs.

“Nobody should ever try and cover up or defend this unacceptable behaviour — to do so is immoral and inexplicable,” he wrote. “It is upsetting and completely false".

"Some of these kids have gone too far now. They’re a disgrace to themselves, to their families and to their community.

“This behaviour has been ongoing for nearly two years. Enough is enough.

“It makes me ashamed and embarrassed to call myself a Sudanese.”

http://www.news.com.au/national/victoria/crime/sudanese-athlete-says-police-and-pollies-need-to-wake-up-to-gang-problem/news-story/cb90fd83bbe59d51d963d46518022d08

Pretty much what my school teacher friends says, she worked in a school with over 75% of mainly Sudanese refugees and her stories were so sad. The parents can’t or won’t control them. And it’s getting worse. She just got a new job at a different school and it’s like a massive burden lifted from her. They can’t get teachers or substitutes because of the violence and threats towards teachers. How much transitional councilling do these people get? The horrors they have lived through are unspeakable, you can’t just give them some where else to live and think they will just fit.

Mugwump 

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 8:01 am

^ Is that really true, TP? Their parents have no doubt been through horrors but they do not seem to be especially prone to violent crime. Nor do
Syrians who have passed through their war, Cambodians who escaped the killing fields, or Jews after the Second World War. I’d say this is a specific subculture problem, exacerbated by light touch policing and courts and the usual fear of the racism slur. I don’t think we need to make too many excuses for it. I still like the “probationary right to remain” concept. Commit such crimes, and back you go. There are lots of people who want to live here without brutalizing the host.

Mugwump 

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 8:04 am

Culprit wrote:
Everything's Dan's fault in Victoria. He's even made the forecast temperature of 42 today and a Total Fire Ban.

Yeah, tribalism in politics goes both ways. It just misses the point, imho. No party has answers to the problems of our society.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 8:29 am

Mugwump wrote:
^ Is that really true, TP? Their parents have no doubt been through horrors but they do not seem to be especially prone to violent crime. Nor do Syrians who have passed through their war, Cambodians who escaped the killing fields, or Jews after the Second World War. I’d say this is a specific subculture problem, exacerbated by light touch policing and courts and the usual fear of the racism slur. I don’t think we need to make too many excuses for it. I still like the “probationary right to remain” concept. Commit such crimes, and back you go. There are lots of people who want to live here without brutalizing the host.

Yeah for sure there’s an awful lot doing the right thing, Sudanese too. Spoiled as usual by a few, but in this case the few are extreme. yes it is true but no I don’t know why it’s a problem. I can’t tell you how intimidating this teacher friend can be and she couldn’t take any more. I’ve never liked putting people in boxes, but I’ve seen the footage from peoples houses just 2 suburbs over. If it was a case of commit crime and back you go I think that would be a massive deterrent but the courts do nothing, a slap on the wrist. It’s not the cops fault, their hands are tied.

Maybe the numbers are too high for services to assist them in adapting to living here. The public purse isn’t bottomless.

Your last line is exactly how it should be. I don’t know maybe it’s a generational thing too. For sure on average this mob coming up are a lazy bunch. Very entitled. Not all obviously, but still, it’s a worry.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 24, 25, 26  Next
Page 1 of 26   

Jump to: