Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Gold Coast training camp

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
View previous topic :: View next topic  
qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 7:16 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

stui magpie wrote:
BazBoy wrote:
Try to get her broom and do a quick fly over —get down low as to hear the rhetoric 🧞‍♀️🧞‍♀️

Broom?

These days witches ride Dyson stick vacuums. Wink Razz

This ones different Stu she spends most of her time riding my ass.
If that was an Olympic sport she would be a multiple gold medalist
That's the price you pay for marrying a only child.
When I first met the mother in law she said to me "so what do you do for a living?" I said I work on our family farm to which she replied so you can't get your own job then !!
Over the years she's informed me she wanted her daughter to marry a another local guy who was becoming a doctor. One day many years ago I finally had enough and said well you know what she didn't marry that doctor you wanted her to and luckily so he's in jail now so you daughter would be a single mum with no income.
A few years back we sold off the farm times just changed and there was more money to be made from selling to developers than trying to keep producing fruit. We then brought a small place (75 hectares we had 450 hectares before that) built our retirement dream home (OK the wife's dream home mine would have been next door to the Holden centre) and semi retired.
In a moment of weakness I even agreed to include a private granny retreat in the house in case out of our parents needed to live with us in the future.
We have been together 29 years this August and even with the old war office not being president of my fan club I wouldn't change a thing.
I have q standing joke with her that with all this land and machinery I have I could make her disappear pretty quickly t which she replies you would love that wouldn't you !!
On a positive and being serious lucky she's ok bit of bruising and some minor scrapes at her age it could have been a lot worse
K 

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 7:21 am

qldmagpie67 wrote:
stui magpie wrote:
BazBoy wrote:
Try to get her broom and do a quick fly over —get down low as to hear the rhetoric 🧞‍♀️🧞‍♀️

Broom?

When I first met the mother in law she said to me "so what do you do for a living?" I said I work on our family farm to which she replied so you can't get your own job then !!
Over the years she's informed me she wanted her daughter to marry a another local guy who was becoming a doctor. One day many years ago I finally had enough and said well you know what she didn't marry that doctor you wanted her to and luckily so he's in jail now so you daughter would be a single mum with no income.
On a positive and being serious lucky she's ok bit of bruising and some minor scrapes at her age it could have been a lot worse

What is he in jail for?! Killed his patients?!
qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:01 am

K wrote:
qldmagpie67 wrote:
stui magpie wrote:
BazBoy wrote:

Broom?

What is he in jail for?! Killed his patients?!

He's out now but he was sent inside for fraud in some investment scheme he and some others run
Albert Parker 

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:48 pm

^Not only your mother in law who was conned by his 'charms'
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 2:13 pm

qldmagpie67 wrote:
Apologies nicksters I won't be attending the training camp today.
Yesterday afternoon we got a call the mother in law took a tumble whilst out shopping which is weird because I wasn't even there to push her over.
Lucky enough she's okay now and able to come live with us for a few weeks whilst she recovers
Looks like it's my lucky week hey
It will be a god send hearing her dulcet tones from the bedroom when she requires something to eat or drink or just in case she thinks I'm relaxing and in need of getting out of my chair.
Looks like I might be spending a lot hours in the coming weeks on my tractor somewhere down the back paddock (we have 75 hectares of land) slashing grass I only recently slashed. But the area has its advantages like no mobile service and the furthest point from out house.
The wife has already apologised which wasn't nescessary really she did the same thing 28yrs ago when I first met her mother.
Hope all the pies supporters who can make it down do and someone can update the training today.
After watching a couple hours of training on Monday I'm more confident that the team is really heading in the right direction
For our Melbourne nicksters please keep the training updates coming I like many others really do appreciate them
Ok it's 630am here now time to go slashing for a couple weeks 😂😂😂😂😂

i shouldnt but i really did LOL!! poor you!

qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:53 pm

think positive wrote:
qldmagpie67 wrote:
Apologies nicksters I won't be attending the training camp today.
Yesterday afternoon we got a call the mother in law took a tumble whilst out shopping which is weird because I wasn't even there to push her over.
Lucky enough she's okay now and able to come live with us for a few weeks whilst she recovers
Looks like it's my lucky week hey
It will be a god send hearing her dulcet tones from the bedroom when she requires something to eat or drink or just in case she thinks I'm relaxing and in need of getting out of my chair.
Looks like I might be spending a lot hours in the coming weeks on my tractor somewhere down the back paddock (we have 75 hectares of land) slashing grass I only recently slashed. But the area has its advantages like no mobile service and the furthest point from out house.
The wife has already apologised which wasn't nescessary really she did the same thing 28yrs ago when I first met her mother.
Hope all the pies supporters who can make it down do and someone can update the training today.
After watching a couple hours of training on Monday I'm more confident that the team is really heading in the right direction
For our Melbourne nicksters please keep the training updates coming I like many others really do appreciate them
Ok it's 630am here now time to go slashing for a couple weeks 😂😂😂😂😂

All good Jojo if I wasn't laughing I would be jailed for murder lol
Seriously she's ok she just believed no one was ever going to be good enough for her daughter. On the weekend our son came home and he's perfect in his grandma's eyes so he spent a fair chunk of time sitting with her and watching movies so she was in a good mood.
The downside of having so much land is the upkeep the upside is so much area to hide were no one can find you !!
The wife has taken her to the doctor today for a check up to see how's she healing. The bruising is out and looks horrible but she's mobile again and says she feels good so that great.
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 6:47 pm

qldmagpie67 wrote:
stui magpie wrote:
BazBoy wrote:

Broom?

A few years back we sold off the farm times just changed and there was more money to be made from selling to developers than trying to keep producing fruit. We then brought a small place (75 hectares we had 450 hectares before that) built our retirement dream home (OK the wife's dream home mine would have been next door to the Holden centre) and semi retired.
In a moment of weakness I even agreed to include a private granny retreat in the house in case out of our parents needed to live with us in the future.
We have been together 29 years this August and even with the old war office not being president of my fan club I wouldn't change a thing.
I have q standing joke with her that with all this land and machinery I have I could make her disappear pretty quickly t which she replies you would love that wouldn't you !!

Would the wife be significantly upset if she somehow fell under the plough or scarifier out on the back 40?

K 

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:11 pm

qldmagpie67 wrote:
think positive wrote:

All good Jojo if I wasn't laughing I would be jailed for murder lol
Seriously she's ok she just believed no one was ever going to be good enough for her daughter. ...
The downside of having so much land is the upkeep the upside is so much area to hide were no one can find you !!
The wife has taken her to the doctor today for a check up to see how's she healing. The bruising is out and looks horrible but she's mobile again and says she feels good so that great.

Okay, the plot thickens. Which doctor exactly was this? Not the crim? Is he still registered to practise medicine? I do see that it was not you who took her to the doctor. I also realize just because he likes fraud doesn't necessarily mean he butchers his patients. But coming to grief through, say, the malpractice of one's preferred son-in-law... It's almost poetic.
mosig 

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 1:55 pm

And all of that happened on the Gold Coast camp? That's what I call a development camp...
K 

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 4:01 pm

mosig wrote:
And all of that happened on the Gold Coast camp? That's what I call a development camp...

A development camp, mosig? What would need to happen for you to call it a Navy SEAL-style boot camp?
qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 7:02 pm

Just a quick update on the beloved mother in law.
After her check up today the doctor announced she's safe to return living in her own house again and he will check in on her later in the week.
A truly upsetting moment for mine as I had to load her belongings into the car and drop her safely at her house. I even slowed the car down to 140klm so she could get out safely
I nearly cried at one stage but restrained myself enough not to.
K further to your question earlier no it's not the same doctor whom she wanted her daughter to marry. Last I heard he was deregistered by the medical board and was working as a factory hand but that was several years ago (a bit of a fall from grace)
She's not a bad old stick and at times she does live up to all the old adages about mother in laws. But after nearly 29 years she's sort of grown on me in a weird way
qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 7:03 pm

stui magpie wrote:
qldmagpie67 wrote:
stui magpie wrote:
BazBoy wrote:

Broom?

Would the wife be significantly upset if she somehow fell under the plough or scarifier out on the back 40?

Unfortunately yes Stui. As a only child she's close to her mother even more so since her father passed. I have been tempted at times to take her pig shooting or another safe family outing
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 10:00 pm

You don't need to actually take her out pig shooting, just get the weapon of choice, hand it to her and ask her to look down the barrel and let you know if she see's anything moving.

While she's looking, get one of her fingers on the trigger, the rest you can imagine for yourself. Wink

K 

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:12 am

stui magpie wrote:

Scarifier, Stui? You're making me scarified just picturing it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4   

Jump to: