Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Gold Coast training camp

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:37 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

How did Steele "Reigning Club Champion" Sidebottom look, Qld? Will he get a game this season? Wink
qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:52 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
How did Steele "Reigning Club Champion" Sidebottom look, Qld? Will he get a game this season? Wink

P4S it's the AFL team training camp he's back with the VFL boys in Melbourne cleaning the change rooms for whenthe real players come home 😂😂😂
Actually mate he spent the majority of the game on the opposite side of the ground to which I was but he did spend a fair amount of time inside the forward 50. He also run on the wing for a bit and rotated with JDG through the centre as well.
A lot of the players rotated positions I'm guessing the coaches are preparing them for a variety of roles
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:01 pm

He’s probably going to play the year as a wide decoy down the non-preferred wing, so Scharenberg can do all the kicking inside 50, instead of just Pendlebury’s half of it.
Funkadelic 

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:58 pm

Great stuff QM love your work.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:31 pm

qldmagpie67 wrote:
think positive wrote:
Nice one QPie. Curious, do you have really good hearing? How did you know Hocking was giving the boys a serve! I’m really fascinated by this for some reason!

Oh and the battery? never done that before, memory card yes! I have a spar3 of each now! Well done mate and thanks!

Jojo from my vantage point on the far side of the ground away from the clubhouse around the 50 metre arc I could hear loads. I was barely 10m from the fence (wanted some higher ground for video) you could clearly hear coaches words easily.
Hocking was stationed at that end if the ground and was very loud in encouraging the players and also letting them know when things weren't right

Cheers, ta

Abdul The Bull 

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:14 am
Post subject: Re: Gold Coast training campReply with quote

qldmagpie67 wrote:

We plan on getting down there a bit earlier this Friday around 9am
On the far side of the ground (away from the club house just follow the road around to the left when you enter) there's a light tower situated on the 50m arc I will be at the top of the embankment there with the camera on a tripod
Your welcome to drop over and say howdy mate.

Thanks, mate. I'll try and get down there while I tell the boss I'm visiting a client Wink
I'll look out for you.

qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:30 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
He’s probably going to play the year as a wide decoy down the non-preferred wing, so Scharenberg can do all the kicking inside 50, instead of just Pendlebury’s half of it.

Honestly mate it's hard to really for a solid opinion from seeing just 1 training session, but from reading the reports of the Lad I believe some of our best midfielders will spend time inside the forward 50 this year.
Some how we need to create goals and our structure last year won't kick a winning score often enough for us to be w finals team.
Players like Pendles Wells Varcoe Sidey WHE JDG I reckon will all spend time inside 50
We have a abundance of mids but not all have the skill set to be dangerous inside 50. Wells Sidey Varcoe offer that real X factor and can pop up easily and kick 3-6 between them a game.
The other day Scharenberg was used as the first kick from a kick in. He then worked the ball 30-40m generally inboard to a leading tall or to a running player. It seemed we were very conscious of clearing space on the corridor so we could create 1-1 contests and then use the running ability of Treloar Phillips Stephenson Murray Sidey Wells Varcoe feeding off that
Even in windy conditions Scharenberg kicked the ball well but at the opposite end they had Howe doing the same thing.
Like i said hard to judge this early what th plans will be but one thing our ball usage was far better than lasts season and the players were very corridor focused and really looked to be enjoying the training
Woods Capricorn

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:22 pm

The Year of the Swingmen will soon be upon us.
qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:31 pm

Woods wrote:
The Year of the Swingmen will soon be upon us.

Woods I think your right in many ways.
Without a recognised FF of note we may be forced to rotate many players through there to create chances
If Cox plays FF and say we're playing Richmond we would want him playing really deep to keep Rance from leaving his man.
If Cox wasn't to play then we want speed there to make Rance accountable at all times and have his man work off him
Will depend on who we play who's fit and in form for us and the ground
Could be the year of horses for courses approach
K 

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:55 pm

Thanks for the report, QM67.
qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 7:28 am

Apologies nicksters I won't be attending the training camp today.
Yesterday afternoon we got a call the mother in law took a tumble whilst out shopping which is weird because I wasn't even there to push her over.
Lucky enough she's okay now and able to come live with us for a few weeks whilst she recovers
Looks like it's my lucky week hey
It will be a god send hearing her dulcet tones from the bedroom when she requires something to eat or drink or just in case she thinks I'm relaxing and in need of getting out of my chair.
Looks like I might be spending a lot hours in the coming weeks on my tractor somewhere down the back paddock (we have 75 hectares of land) slashing grass I only recently slashed. But the area has its advantages like no mobile service and the furthest point from out house.
The wife has already apologised which wasn't nescessary really she did the same thing 28yrs ago when I first met her mother.
Hope all the pies supporters who can make it down do and someone can update the training today.
After watching a couple hours of training on Monday I'm more confident that the team is really heading in the right direction
For our Melbourne nicksters please keep the training updates coming I like many others really do appreciate them
Ok it's 630am here now time to go slashing for a couple weeks 😂😂😂😂😂
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 7:36 am

Try to get her broom and do a quick fly over —get down low as to hear the rhetoric 🧞‍♀️🧞‍♀️
K 

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 8:33 am

Sorry to hear that, QM67. Hope at least the weather's nice (e.g. not 42 degrees) for the farmwork.
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 4:07 pm

BazBoy wrote:
Try to get her broom and do a quick fly over —get down low as to hear the rhetoric 🧞‍♀️🧞‍♀️

Broom?

These days witches ride Dyson stick vacuums. Wink Razz

K 

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 6:59 am

Sam Gastin's report on Monday's session:

http://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/news/2018-01-17/updates-southport-open-training
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4   

Jump to: