Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Foxtel History Month - FoxFooty

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pablo 

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:04 pm
Post subject: Foxtel History Month - FoxFootyReply with quote

Anyone actually seen a Collingwood win?!
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:08 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

That Been Far and Few Between last few seasons Wink
pablo 

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:11 pm

Well, we weren't shabby in the 80's and half the nineties.
We made four grandifnals in the last 17 years.

That's about at least 30 years of of performance in the last 37.
Fox can't find a Collingwood win?!

Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:38 pm

Watched the extra time final win against wet toast at booobiaco oval the other morning (thursday?)... 2006. Swanny NO tatts Shocked
Pie as a Kite 

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:47 pm
Post subject: Re: Foxtel History Month - FoxFootyReply with quote

pablo wrote:
Anyone actually seen a Collingwood win?!

Yep, a couple of days ago I recorded the 2011 preliminary final and the Anzac Day (2014?) where Blair toed a goal at the last minute to win.
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 3:35 pm

Anybody who thinks Buckley can't coach should be watching the Tony Shaw coached teams of the nineties. Compared to some of the Nathan Buckley coached sides, Shaw had much better teams up until his last couple of years. His sides included the two Roccas, Buckley, Burns, Francis, Russel, Williams, Richardson, Crow, Watson and Crossica. Watching Collingwood back then was like a train wreck.
qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:10 pm

I've been watching the Collingwood games. There's been a few wins among a fair few losses.
Watched the 2011 GF the other night. Was interesting watching it again.
Malthouse wasn't such a good coach really he let Geelong get away with so much playing the game on there terms.
Mid way through the 3rd term we hit the front by 5 points. We were losing the contested possessions badly with only Daisy having a real impact. Swan was having a quiet day by his lofty standards as Ling just harassed him at every contest. Instead of moving Swan to the forward line and making Geelong make a movie Malthouse just let things plod along.
Pendles wasn't having a enormous day either and was being hit a lot off the ball stopping him getting to contests but again nothing was done to free him up.
The only move of any substance he made when the game was in the balance was move Sidey into the forward line. Sidey wasn't having a big impact on the game (at that point he had 11 touches without any being of real purpose most were either hack forward under pressure or coming out of defence) until he went forward. He kicked a super goal from around 50 on the left to put us back in front again. He also set up 2 others but applying loads of forward line pressure something that hadn't happened during the game as Cloke Brown Didak all weren't doing it.
I hope Buckley really rolls the dice if things don't go our way during any game. Be brave make them change to adjust to us.
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:19 pm

qldmagpie67 wrote:
I've been watching the Collingwood games. There's been a few wins among a fair few losses.
Malthouse wasn't such a good coach really he let Geelong get away with so much playing the game on there terms.
Mid way through the 3rd term we hit the front by 5 points. We were losing the contested possessions badly with only Daisy having a real impact. Swan was having a quiet day by his lofty standards as Ling just harassed him at every contest. Instead of moving Swan to the forward line and making Geelong make a movie Malthouse just let things plod along.
Pendles wasn't having a enormous day either and was being hit a lot off the ball stopping him getting to contests but again nothing was done to free him up.
The only move of any substance he made when the game was in the balance was move Sidey into the forward line. Sidey wasn't having a big impact on the game (at that point he had 11 touches without any being of real purpose most were either hack forward under pressure or coming out of defence) until he went forward. He kicked a super goal from around 50 on the left to put us back in front again. He also set up 2 others but applying loads of forward line pressure something that hadn't happened during the game as Cloke Brown Didak all weren't doing it.
I hope Buckley really rolls the dice if things don't go our way during any game. Be brave make them change to adjust to us.

MM was not known for having a Plan B IF Plan A did not work

MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:49 am

Dave The Man wrote:
qldmagpie67 wrote:

Buckley has plan B, C and D if plan A doesn't work. Game day coaching isn't a problem for Buckley. List management is Buckley's main problem (one of Malthouse's strengths). It never really worked out between Buckley and Hine. Ned Guy seems much more impressive having come from the player management side and appears to me to be a much better working partner for Buckley.
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:46 am

BucksIsFutureCoach wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:
qldmagpie67 wrote:

Buckley has plan B, C and D if plan A doesn't work. Game day coaching isn't a problem for Buckley. List management is Buckley's main problem (one of Malthouse's strengths). It never really worked out between Buckley and Hine. Ned Guy seems much more impressive having come from the player management side and appears to me to be a much better working partner for Buckley.

Well we would hope so

qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 1:24 pm

BucksIsFutureCoach wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:
qldmagpie67 wrote:

The longer last season went the more I saw Buckley prepared to change things up and make decisions on the run during games. Whilst they all don't work at least he did try different things.
It's a juggling act between moving a player who's getting beaten and backing the player to turn things around.
I've never been a big Hine fan thought he often went for what he thought was a safe choice without looking at the balance of the list.
We've been crying out for speed for years yet we continued to draft and recruit plodders.
Yes the Freeman drafting was a massive loss but who could have predicted the issues the kid has had since being drafted.
He recruited so many HBF types who are all basically clones in many ways.
I would rather at least take some risk and find a gem
The only real hit we had with a lower pick under Hine was Beams but if you had watched his QAFL finals form it wasn't really a hard pick up.
Anyone can find a good player with top draft picks finding players like Swan and Beams with later picks is the key to having a really good list.
As for MM he had a completely different view on players. He didn't have any character issue tests on players. If they could do a job for him then he was happy. Buckley under board instructions has had to be far more selective
pablo 

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 4:37 pm

1. How good is Gavin Brown?!
2. Gerard Healey is so biased against Collingwood! Everything the bombers do is brilliant and everything the pies do is an umpire error, wtf?!
3. Probably unfairly, cant watch Hird without wondering if he's on the juice.

1999, Essendon vs Collingwood

didick 

didick

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 12:57 pm

3007 semi against Wet Toast was on this morning.
Dids was amazing.
And how good was Daisy??

Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 5:38 pm

didick wrote:
Dids was amazing.
And how good was Daisy??

You found the time machine!

How many flags have we won come 3007??

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 7:45 pm

Skids wrote:
didick wrote:
Dids was amazing.
And how good was Daisy??

You found the time machine!

How many flags have we won come 3007??

That would be nice, but can I have the winning lotto numbers and winners of each game (and margin) for 2018? Wink Razz

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2   

Jump to: