Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Billy and the Faz —chance for round 1

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Woods Capricorn

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:28 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

We don't kick enough goals because our forward entries are too predictable. But 2018 for the Pies will be the Year of the Swingman with Reid, Moore, Howe and others mixing it up front to back and back to front to befuddle and perplex opposition defensive strategies.

Pies will be swinging so much Buckley will put a bowl in the centre circle and get the players to chuck their car keys in.
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:08 pm

It's a long season and I'm not that fussed if they both miss the first couple games.
It's not like we haven't got the time to prepare for a makeshift forward line without them.
Bit of luck, we might even discover someone new who is capable of filling their shoes ( ok, more like a lot of luck )
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:10 pm

What’s that old school saying!!

When one door closes—another open’s

npalm 

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:00 pm

Pies2016 wrote:
It's a long season and I'm not that fussed if they both miss the first couple games.

I think it's really important that we get the season off to a good start. We need some wins early to build some team confidence. Last year we were 2-6 after 8 rounds and were never going to make the finals from there.

Starting this season with our 2 best forwards either missing or underdone we're going to struggle.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:04 pm

BazBoy wrote:
What’s that old school saying!!

When one door closes—another open’s

I know you're older than me but did you go to school with Alexander Graham Bell? Wink Razz

The full quote is:

When one door closes, another opens; but we often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened for us.

From: https://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/alexander_graham_bell_409116

BazBoy 

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:17 pm

WPT —I am honestly gratefull for that and you are right I am older tho this I know

Your never to old to learn so thanks for the full quote and a wise one at that

But applied to our situation what a positive if someone takes up the challenge

Woods Capricorn

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:21 pm

npalm wrote:
Pies2016 wrote:

I think it's really important that we get the season off to a good start. We need some wins early to build some team confidence. Last year we were 2-6 after 8 rounds and were never going to make the finals from there.

Starting this season with our 2 best forwards either missing or underdone we're going to struggle.

There will be a lot of hurdles to jump this year on the path to September, and one of the biggest will be the media beat-up on Collingwood after the first three games. If they are lost the media will crucify Collingwood and Buckley in particular.

Nothing could be better than winning the opener against Hawthorn and get that monkey off the back. The team is then potentially free of negative scrutiny until Anzac Day. But those first three games - geez they're important.
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:03 pm

Woods wrote:
npalm wrote:
Pies2016 wrote:

There will be a lot of hurdles to jump this year on the path to September, and one of the biggest will be the media beat-up on Collingwood after the first three games. If they are lost the media will crucify Collingwood and Buckley in particular.

Nothing could be better than winning the opener against Hawthorn and get that monkey off the back. The team is then potentially free of negative scrutiny until Anzac Day. But those first three games - geez they're important.

Don't get me wrong, I would much prefer to have everyone available round one. The reality is, like most teams we simply won't.
Elliot hasn't played a full season for a while and in around about way, I was suggesting I would rather him miss the first couple and ease into the season proper, than to burn out later or go down again because we brought him back to early.
When it's all said and done, it is what it is and we have the time to action a plan B. If we do have the depth that a number of nicksters are suggesting, then there is no reason why still can't get it done for a couple rounds without them.
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 1:33 am

BazBoy wrote:
Oh geez —hey Jezza no offence

All good Baz! Smile

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2   

Jump to: