Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Billy and the Faz chance for round 1

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 5:56 pm
Post subject: Billy and the Faz chance for round 1Reply with quote

On the AFL website that Magpie,s optomistic for Elliott and Fasolo a chance for
round one

Elliott is was said was doing stationary kicking at Wednesday training whilst Faz can do running but not contact work involving bumping

Fingers crossed 😃

inxs88 

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:03 pm
Post subject: Re: Billy and the Faz chance for round 1Reply with quote

BazBoy wrote:
On the AFL website that Magpie,s optomistic for Elliott and Fasolo a chance for
round one

Elliott is was said was doing stationary kicking at Wednesday training whilst Faz can do running but not contact work involving bumping

Fingers crossed 😃

Is there a worse nickname in the afl then THE FAZ?

BazBoy 

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:05 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Better than Plugger or Jezza
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:30 pm

Sanderson was interviewed on Footy Feed (with lots of training) and Fasolo was sprinting and Elliott was lightly kicking short kicks

He said more chance Jamie than Alex

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:53 pm

Believe it when I see it.

Club has been wrong about Injuries plenty times before

BazBoy 

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:53 pm

Fair call !!
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 7:07 pm

Yeah. I have to agree with you Bazboy. Both were at training today and I would have to say that both are a good chance for round 1. Greenwood however would be a long way off from playing in the immediate future.
K 

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 7:10 pm

BazBoy wrote:
Better than Plugger or Jezza

I breathlessly await our (Nick's) Jezza for his thoughts on the name BazBoy. Wink
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 7:12 pm

Oh geez hey Jezza no offence

What about Kouta the -man or fish????

BazBoy 

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 7:14 pm

Think I read those two kicked 63 of our goals in 2017
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:30 pm

Yes, they were our two leading goal kickers. With some suggestion that Moore (who was our next best) might play back, if Faz and Elliott dont play, that might mean we need our 4th and 5th leading goalkickers (WHE and the Reigning Club Champion) to score a lot from the midfield.
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:09 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
Yes, they were our two leading goal kickers. With some suggestion that Moore (who was our next best) might play back, if Faz and Elliott dont play, that might mean we need our 4th and 5th leading goalkickers (WHE and the Reigning Club Champion) to score a lot from the midfield.

I wouldn't be attaching too much importance to the story of Moore being given a defensive role. Every player these days apart from the ruckmen is either a mid, a runner playing ahead of the ball, or a runner playing behind the ball. Buckley prefers to play his players behind the ball. Criticise all you like but that's modern football. Playing Moore behind the ball doesn't mean he won't creep forward and kick goals. I would still expect Moore to kick a few goals in 2018. With the story that Reid will be playing ahead of the ball in 2018, it still wouldn't surprise me if Reid and Moore swap a bit between the half back line and the half forward line just to confuse the opposition. These days you need to keep ahead of the opposition who study you to death to find a weakness in your structures. Since the opposition will be uncertain who will kick the goals at Collingwood this year, it puts us one up against the opposition. No-one was quite sure who kicked the goals at Richmond in 2017. The result was Richmond won the premiership. More importantly we need to convert in front on goals whoever gets the shot at goal. Points instead of goals has been killing us in the last few years, because every time we kick a point, we hand the ball back to the opposition. That's why every time you go to training, you see players practicing their shots at the goals.
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:50 pm

As Dennis Cometti once said:

"He entered the pack optimistically and emerged misty optically."

Nothing that a poke in the eye couldn't fix.

Who am I to talk?

Great news that both are a chance, both at training.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:54 pm

BazBoy wrote:
Oh geez hey Jezza no offence

What about Kouta the -man or fish????

Our Jezza - that nick name makes no sense to those of us still upset by the 1970 GF.

That's what happens when a supporter is their early to mid 20's Wink

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:37 am

BucksIsFutureCoach wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:

I wouldn't be attaching too much importance to the story of Moore being given a defensive role. Every player these days apart from the ruckmen is either a mid, a runner playing ahead of the ball, or a runner playing behind the ball. Buckley prefers to play his players behind the ball. Criticise all you like but that's modern football. Playing Moore behind the ball doesn't mean he won't creep forward and kick goals. I would still expect Moore to kick a few goals in 2018. With the story that Reid will be playing ahead of the ball in 2018, it still wouldn't surprise me if Reid and Moore swap a bit between the half back line and the half forward line just to confuse the opposition. These days you need to keep ahead of the opposition who study you to death to find a weakness in your structures. Since the opposition will be uncertain who will kick the goals at Collingwood this year, it puts us one up against the opposition. No-one was quite sure who kicked the goals at Richmond in 2017. The result was Richmond won the premiership. More importantly we need to convert in front on goals whoever gets the shot at goal. Points instead of goals has been killing us in the last few years, because every time we kick a point, we hand the ball back to the opposition. That's why every time you go to training, you see players practicing their shots at the goals.

I agree with that, as far as it goes. The weakness in our structure for several seasons, unfortunately, has been that we don't kick goals.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2   

Jump to: