Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Tom Lynch to Collingwood in 2019?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
White Black n Blood 

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:12 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

I reckon his contested marking ability is the thing that has to rebound. It fell away dramatically last season. If that comes back, yeah you need two defenders to cover him. If he sleepwalks through the year, it's a bad sign.
neil Sagittarius

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:30 am

Cloke straitened us up but was a crap kick at goal
Just how accurate is Lynch?

Raw Hammer 

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 10:48 am

Lynch is the straightest forward in the league, that’s how straight.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 2:41 pm

Let's revisit this thread in November shall we?
qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 6:13 pm

Forget about Lynch. Big mail up here now on his Xmas break he returned to Melbourne for family reasons but took time out for a meeting with Gill Mc and his management to be briefed personally on the AFL's plans for the Suns in coming years and a sales pitch to be a AFL ambassador in Queensland.
Rumour is the money is very generous (close to $1.8 a year) but also comes with a guarantee of work after footy in whatever field he wishes to go into assisted by the AFL
The AFL from the very top are making his re-signing with the Suns a priority and are very confident there package will ensure he stays at the Suns long term
Time for is to realise our chances are very slim and look elsewhere if we really believe that's the type of player we want.
FLAGPIES 

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 10:09 pm

qldmagpie67 wrote:
Forget about Lynch. Big mail up here now on his Xmas break he returned to Melbourne for family reasons but took time out for a meeting with Gill Mc and his management to be briefed personally on the AFL's plans for the Suns in coming years and a sales pitch to be a AFL ambassador in Queensland.
Rumour is the money is very generous (close to $1.8 a year) but also comes with a guarantee of work after footy in whatever field he wishes to go into assisted by the AFL
The AFL from the very top are making his re-signing with the Suns a priority and are very confident there package will ensure he stays at the Suns long term
Time for is to realise our chances are very slim and look elsewhere if we really believe that's the type of player we want.

No doubt the AFL will throw the kitchen sink At Lynch.
But he sorely misses his family And Melbourne (Sorrento)
The kid is unhappy up there.
The GC is a toxic environment not to mention all the traveling a player does during a season. i.e China...
As for cash the Pies will pay him handsomely and for life after football, Well I think our president can find a vocation form him with all of his contacts.
But only time will tell!
qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 7:11 am

FLAGPIES wrote:
qldmagpie67 wrote:

The GC is a toxic environment not to mention all the traveling a player does during a season. i.e China...
As for cash the Pies will pay him handsomely and for life after football, Well I think our president can find a vocation form him with all of his contacts.
But only time will tell!

Mate I hope your right
I have a real issue with the AFL basically recruiting players on behalf of clubs especially clubs they own.
It stinks to high heaven
My mail comes from inside the Suns and I'm sure they are confident especially given the AFL acting as head recruiter for them
I hope we aren't forced to pay massive overs for him just to beat an AFL funded offer
FLAGPIES 

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:08 am

[quote="qldmagpie67"]
FLAGPIES wrote:
qldmagpie67 wrote:

But only time will tell!

Mate I hope your right
I have a real issue with the AFL basically recruiting players on behalf of clubs especially clubs they own.
It stinks to high heaven
My mail comes from inside the Suns and I'm sure they are confident especially given the AFL acting as head recruiter for them
I hope we aren't forced to pay massive overs for him just to beat an AFL funded offer[/quote

The AFL are as corrupt as any organisation going around.
I'm sure your mail is accurate Mate. It's disappointing but expected.
I was told that he wanted to come home/Collingwood at the end of 2018.
I'm sure that the AFL's $$$$$ will talk! Twisted Evil
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:57 am

The AFL threw money at Franklin to go to GWS and what did he do? He goes to Sydney.

The bottom line is this. Is Lynch happy with the team environment at GCS and is he enjoying his football there and could going somewhere else offer him more of a challenge? At the end of the day is there much of a difference between $1.5 or $1.8 million? You can only spend so much money in real life. The rest of the money just sits there in the bank.
K 

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:02 am

^ I'm not sure we can afford $1.5 million!
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:18 am

K wrote:

I'd front load the contract in his first year. Hopefully we have players like Stephenson demanding more money in their third and fourth years, so the most money should go in Lynch's 2019 year. Make the contract a long one like the one for Franklin. We could do a 8 year contract for Lynch which takes him to age 34. That's enough to set him up for life with additional media contracts through Eddie's connection to the Footy show, which would guarantee Lynch a life after his playing days. There's always a risk with a long term contract, but Lynch is worth it in my view. Also by paying so much money for Lynch, hopefully it stops us recruiting any more over the hill players for big money through free agency.
qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 1:03 pm

BucksIsFutureCoach wrote:
K wrote:

I'd front load the contract in his first year. Hopefully we have players like Stephenson demanding more money in their third and fourth years, so the most money should go in Lynch's 2019 year. Make the contract a long one like the one for Franklin. We could do a 8 year contract for Lynch which takes him to age 34. That's enough to set him up for life with additional media contracts through Eddie's connection to the Footy show, which would guarantee Lynch a life after his playing days. There's always a risk with a long term contract, but Lynch is worth it in my view. Also by paying so much money for Lynch, hopefully it stops us recruiting any more over the hill players for big money through free agency.

Bucks that makes sense but we might be a bit better off salary cap wise than some imagine.
The salary cap is a ever evolving thing. It basically works on a 2 year cycle. Clubs must spend the total cap over a 2 year period but not less than 95% or more than 105% in any single season.
Our planning for the cap for 2017 would have been planned during the 2015/16 seasons.
I doubt anyone at the club would have thought Swanny wouldn't have been around in 2017 until that injury. Cloke's fall from grace was rapid.
We also parted company with Frost, Witts, Williams, Seedsman, McCaffer, Brown, Marsh, Toovey plus a few other rookies
Cloke and Swan alone would have been around $2 million in cap space then add the others up on modest salaries and there's $2 million more.
We brought in Wells and Mayne (both seemed to be very rushed decisions by Gubby) I'm assuming to help make us cap compliant.
We would have more than likely front loaded the majority of there deals and I would assume arranged to alter some other contracts maybe loading more into the 2017 cap.
Wells needs to play 15 or 16 games this season to trigger a 3rd season (according to media reports about his initial deal)
If he doesn't trigger that then there's around $800k there.
We also have the salary cap increasing over the next 5 seasons which some would have been allocated to the likes of Treloar Adams Pendles Howe Sidey already but I'm sure we have kept some powder dry if Lynch has been on our radar for a couple seasons as reported.
If he wants to return home then money won't be the defining factor but if he's chasing the $$$ we won't get near him with the Suns + AFL offer without selling off 2 or 3 players to fit him in.
I reckon a 7 year deal with a career afterwards would be very fair to both parties.
Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 2:40 pm

Let him stay on the Goldy, we got big Cox!

Comparing Lynchs first 20 games to Masons is interesting...

Goals

Cox 27.12
Lynch 24.12

Avg Disposals

Cox 7.6
Lynch 11.8

Avg Marks

Cox 3
Lynch 5

Avg Tackles

Cox 2.4
Lynch 1.3

Avg Hit outs

Cox 11
Lynch 1.3

I'm certain that Cox is going to be a phenomenal spear head for us for many years to come.
His development has been nothing short of sensational and he isn't getting any shorter! He is going to be a massive headache for defenders, massive!

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 3:14 pm

I tend to agree on Cox, hopefully it's not just wishful thinking.

The 2 things I see in his favour is that while he has a mature mind and body, his body hasn't been banged up playing footy since his teens, so he's relatively fresh.

The other is his development doesn't seem to have plateaued, he keeps improving and working at things. The more games he plays at AFL level, the more he's going to learn and improve.

We just need to have the forward structure right and the midfielders kicking to his advantage.

3rd degree Aries

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 3:19 pm

Skids wrote:
Let him stay on the Goldy, we got big Cox!

Comparing Lynchs first 20 games to Masons is interesting...

Goals

Cox 27.12
Lynch 24.12

Avg Disposals

Cox 7.6
Lynch 11.8

Avg Marks

Cox 3
Lynch 5

Avg Tackles

Cox 2.4
Lynch 1.3

Avg Hit outs

Cox 11
Lynch 1.3

I'm certain that Cox is going to be a phenomenal spear head for us for many years to come.
His development has been nothing short of sensational and he isn't getting any shorter! He is going to be a massive headache for defenders, massive!

Pretty Damn good stats for the big fella. He showed he is actually the better Ruckman against blokes like Kruezer and Gawn who Grundy seems to struggle a little with.

www.facebook/the hybernators
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5   

Jump to: