Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 
Log inLog in RegisterRegister
 
Numbers Up

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion
 
Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status


Joined: 05 Oct 2001
Location: London, England

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 10:01 am
Post subject: Numbers UpReply with quote

So apparently the new numbers will be announced this week (Monday?).

I'm going to have a stab and guess that;

Cox from 46 to 23.

Tyler Brown to 28.

McLarty from 35 to 31.

Nathan Murphy to 34.

Flynn Appleby to 41.

Brody Mihocek to 44.

Jack Madgen to 46.

(We know Murray is in 9 and Stephenson will be in 35).

_________________
A Goal Saved Is 2 Goals Earned!
Back to top  
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger  
CoastPie Sagittarius



Joined: 26 Oct 2010
Location: Gold Coast

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 10:08 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

My guess is Cox will stick with 46
The follow are just my 2 bobs worth:
28 Nathan Murphy
34 Tyler Brown
35 Jaidyn Stephenson
44 Jack Madgen
9 Sam Murray
23 Sam McLarty [35]
31 Brody Mihocek
41 Flynn Appleby
Back to top  
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  
Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status


Joined: 05 Oct 2001
Location: London, England

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 10:35 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

I kind of like 46 going round. But as an American basketball fan, I reckon he'll want 23.
_________________
A Goal Saved Is 2 Goals Earned!
Back to top  
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger  
CoastPie Sagittarius



Joined: 26 Oct 2010
Location: Gold Coast

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 11:06 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Jake Bozinovski 🐝 ⚫️ ⚪️‏ @k1ngb0y14 [3:30 AM - 6 Dec 2017]
https://twitter.com/k1ngb0y14

I have great news, these are the new CollingwoodFC players numbers for 2018 so far. Credit to @Tenaee_Gordon #BozistheBuzz 🐝

9 - Sam Murray
23 - Sam McLarty
28 - Nathan Murphy
31 - Flynn Appleby
34 - Tyler Brown
35 - Jaidyn Stephenson
41 - Jack Madgen
44 - Brody Mihocek
Back to top  
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  
Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status


Joined: 05 Oct 2001
Location: London, England

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:26 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Still nothing from the club tho Sad
_________________
A Goal Saved Is 2 Goals Earned!
Back to top  
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger  
CoastPie Sagittarius



Joined: 26 Oct 2010
Location: Gold Coast

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 5:23 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.facebook.com/collingwoodfc/videos/10155495318311107/

http://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/news/2017-12-21/new-jumper-numbers-announced

New jumper numbers announced:
9 - Sam Murray
23 - Sam McLarty
28 - Nathan Murphy
31 - Flynn Appleby
34 - Tyler Brown
35 - Jaidyn Stephenson
41 - Brody Mihocek
44 - Jack Madgen
Back to top  
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  
BazBoy 



Joined: 11 Sep 2014


PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 7:17 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Mason still on 46 -no change for the big guy
_________________
I'm not arguing--just explaining why i am right
Back to top  
View user's profile Send private message  
thebaldfacts 



Joined: 02 Aug 2007


PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 11:16 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish they would get rid of that stupid token idea of allocating 35 to our top draft pick.

One of Eddies more stupid ideas, up there with the millennium game.

_________________
unfortunately for the left, there is no cure for stupid.
Back to top  
View user's profile Send private message  
K 



Joined: 09 Sep 2011


PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 2:14 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

thebaldfacts wrote:
I wish they would get rid of that stupid token idea of allocating 35 to our top draft pick.

One of Eddies more stupid ideas, up there with the millennium game.


Was it Eddie's idea or Mick Malthouse's?
Back to top  
View user's profile Send private message  
thebaldfacts 



Joined: 02 Aug 2007


PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 5:34 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

K wrote:
thebaldfacts wrote:
I wish they would get rid of that stupid token idea of allocating 35 to our top draft pick.

One of Eddies more stupid ideas, up there with the millennium game.


Was it Eddie's idea or Mick Malthouse's?


Pretty sure it was Eddie's.

Not something that MM would have even considered.

_________________
unfortunately for the left, there is no cure for stupid.
Back to top  
View user's profile Send private message  
K 



Joined: 09 Sep 2011


PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 11:25 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

thebaldfacts wrote:
K wrote:
thebaldfacts wrote:
I wish they would get rid of that stupid token idea of allocating 35 to our top draft pick.
One of Eddies more stupid ideas, up there with the millennium game.

Was it Eddie's idea or Mick Malthouse's?

Pretty sure it was Eddie's.
Not something that MM would have even considered.


http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/the-numbers-game-20110304-1biap.html

Quote:
At coach Mick Malthouse's instigation, the Magpies honour the No. 35 by giving it to the club's first-round draft pick each year. Walsh says Malthouse was keen that Daicos's marvellous deeds be recalled, but also that Prestigiacomo's 15-year contribution, which ended overshadowed by the 2010 premiership, be marked annually.

''It's a symbol for our first-picked player every year, but I guess it's more of an honour for Presti and Daics, recognising what they've done,'' Walsh says.


I think it would have ended if Josh had wanted the number, but he didn't. It does have the advantage of keeping the number free until the time when Nick can decide whether he wants it, which is still four years away. Time to sit tight until then.
Back to top  
View user's profile Send private message  
thebaldfacts 



Joined: 02 Aug 2007


PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 10:22 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

K wrote:
thebaldfacts wrote:
K wrote:
thebaldfacts wrote:
I wish they would get rid of that stupid token idea of allocating 35 to our top draft pick.
One of Eddies more stupid ideas, up there with the millennium game.

Was it Eddie's idea or Mick Malthouse's?

Pretty sure it was Eddie's.
Not something that MM would have even considered.


http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/the-numbers-game-20110304-1biap.html

Quote:
At coach Mick Malthouse's instigation, the Magpies honour the No. 35 by giving it to the club's first-round draft pick each year. Walsh says Malthouse was keen that Daicos's marvellous deeds be recalled, but also that Prestigiacomo's 15-year contribution, which ended overshadowed by the 2010 premiership, be marked annually.

''It's a symbol for our first-picked player every year, but I guess it's more of an honour for Presti and Daics, recognising what they've done,'' Walsh says.


I think it would have ended if Josh had wanted the number, but he didn't. It does have the advantage of keeping the number free until the time when Nick can decide whether he wants it, which is still four years away. Time to sit tight until then.


Thanks K. I stand corrected. Always thought this came from Eddie. Still does not change my thoughts on it. Would like someone to own it as their own and the romance of it going to Nick Daicos has appeal, albeit he is still a few years down the track from being drafted.

_________________
unfortunately for the left, there is no cure for stupid.
Back to top  
View user's profile Send private message  
Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status


Joined: 05 Oct 2001
Location: London, England

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 8:03 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

I love the #35 going to our first draft pick every year.
_________________
A Goal Saved Is 2 Goals Earned!
Back to top  
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger  
K 



Joined: 09 Sep 2011


PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 9:00 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Presti35 wrote:
I love the #35 going to our first draft pick every year.

More than the romance of Nick Daicos having it?
Back to top  
View user's profile Send private message  
BucksIsFutureCoach 



Joined: 12 Feb 2007


PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 8:02 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

K wrote:
Presti35 wrote:
I love the #35 going to our first draft pick every year.

More than the romance of Nick Daicos having it?

I think Nick Daicos should get #1 because he will cost us our first round draft pick under father son and when he comes into the senior team, he will be the first guy picked each week.
Back to top  
View user's profile Send private message  
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2   

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum



Privacy Policy

Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group