Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 
Log inLog in RegisterRegister
 
Eddie in “hot water” on Hot Seat

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion
 
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
RudeBoy 



Joined: 28 Nov 2005


PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 11:47 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Where is Lee Harvey Oswald when he's needed? Cool
Back to top  
View user's profile Send private message  
E 



Joined: 05 May 2010


PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:21 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Magpietothemax wrote:
thesoretoothsayer wrote:

I'm still confused. Before you called Trump a racist. Now you're calling him an anti-Muslim xenophobe. Racism, islamophobia and xenophobia are all different things. Can you please confirm which one Trump is guilty of by retweeting the videos. Is it all three?

'Xenophobia and racism are not different. It is ridiculously easy to transform one into the other. Racism, nationalism and xenophobia are simply the different faces of the same hydra.
If you don't think that Trump is an anti-Muslim xenophobe, after all that has transpired in the recent past, then really there is no point for us to continue discussing this argument. It is akin to me saying that 2 + 2 = 4, and you denying it.
Trump is guilty of all three. He has solidarised himself with a leader of the British fascist party. What more is there to say?


if you believe that then you have all missed the genius of Trump. trump is whoever his people want him to be at any given time.

He is actually a clinical narcassist! Everything he does is for self adulation and his clinical need for approval.

In fact, all of the qualities you are claiming for trump are actually just the qualities of his supporters. all he is doing is giving a voice to those people so that they will love him!

Believe it or not, its that simple.

_________________
The above reflects the opinions of the author and should not be considered a direct attack against you. It just means that in my opinion, you are wrong!
Back to top  
View user's profile Send private message  
thesoretoothsayer 



Joined: 26 Apr 2017


PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 7:31 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Magpietothemax wrote:
thesoretoothsayer wrote:

I'm still confused. Before you called Trump a racist. Now you're calling him an anti-Muslim xenophobe. Racism, islamophobia and xenophobia are all different things. Can you please confirm which one Trump is guilty of by retweeting the videos. Is it all three?

'Xenophobia and racism are not different. It is ridiculously easy to transform one into the other. Racism, nationalism and xenophobia are simply the different faces of the same hydra.
If you don't think that Trump is an anti-Muslim xenophobe, after all that has transpired in the recent past, then really there is no point for us to continue discussing this argument. It is akin to me saying that 2 + 2 = 4, and you denying it.
Trump is guilty of all three. He has solidarised himself with a leader of the British fascist party. What more is there to say?


Buy a dictionary.
Back to top  
View user's profile Send private message  
GreekLunatic 



Joined: 22 Feb 2003
Location: doncaster vic australia

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 8:00 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

we are becoming a nanny country. I wonder what people would have thought of a show like acropolis now if it was played now a days seriously people need to get a life
Back to top  
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail  
mudlark 



Joined: 19 Mar 2002
Location: Maroochydore Qld

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 12:37 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Magpietothemax wrote:
thesoretoothsayer wrote:

I'm still confused. Before you called Trump a racist. Now you're calling him an anti-Muslim xenophobe. Racism, islamophobia and xenophobia are all different things. Can you please confirm which one Trump is guilty of by retweeting the videos. Is it all three?

'Xenophobia and racism are not different. It is ridiculously easy to transform one into the other. Racism, nationalism and xenophobia are simply the different faces of the same hydra.
If you don't think that Trump is an anti-Muslim xenophobe, after all that has transpired in the recent past, then really there is no point for us to continue discussing this argument. It is akin to me saying that 2 + 2 = 4, and you denying it.
Trump is guilty of all three. He has solidarised himself with a leader of the British fascist party. What more is there to say?

I find it breathtakingly confusing that a person can take a video of his mates throwing a blindfolded homosexual off a building and more likely cheering him on, posting it to social media and then when someone else reuses that imagery ,showing the absolute barbarity of some people, they are called racist and some type of "Phobic' for showing a certain type of person being, in this case, homophobic,,but, because a christian, white man posts the same video he is called a racist???? Shocked Shocked Shocked Imagine if he was a Collingwood supporter as well,or Eddie???
Back to top  
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  
sherrife Scorpio



Joined: 17 Apr 2003
Location: Building a fighting MSA, join us!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 4:59 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Magpietothemax wrote:
thesoretoothsayer wrote:

I'm still confused. Before you called Trump a racist. Now you're calling him an anti-Muslim xenophobe. Racism, islamophobia and xenophobia are all different things. Can you please confirm which one Trump is guilty of by retweeting the videos. Is it all three?

'Xenophobia and racism are not different. It is ridiculously easy to transform one into the other. Racism, nationalism and xenophobia are simply the different faces of the same hydra.
If you don't think that Trump is an anti-Muslim xenophobe, after all that has transpired in the recent past, then really there is no point for us to continue discussing this argument. It is akin to me saying that 2 + 2 = 4, and you denying it.
Trump is guilty of all three. He has solidarised himself with a leader of the British fascist party. What more is there to say?


Absolutely correct, but the right-wingers on this board (who unfortunately, like so many places on the internet, dominate beyond their real world relevance) will never agree.

_________________
I would be ashamed to admit that I had risen from the ranks. When I rise it will be with the ranks, not from the ranks.
— Eugene V. Debs
Socialist Alternative
Back to top  
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger  
White Black n Blood 



Joined: 28 Nov 2017


PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 8:18 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

The network obviously thought it was fine. The show is pretaped and sits there for weeks before airing.

I reckon there's a bit of any publicity is good publicity going on here

_________________
Quality over quantity
Back to top  
View user's profile Send private message  
Adam Treloar 3 Votes 



Joined: 09 May 2017


PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:09 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

The Irish, Kiwis and Tasmanians are the real victims here. People have been taking the piss out of them for generations and no one says boo. Make a joke about a Jew and your shouted down as a racist. Don’t israelis have a sense of humour?
_________________
People forget that our last premiership was only 2010 and rebuilds take some time. 2018 we play finals again.
Back to top  
View user's profile Send private message  
Skids Cancer



Joined: 11 Sep 2007
Location: Joined 3/6/02 ... aka Assassin member #175

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:15 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Did Eddie do it?
_________________
What's the difference between light & hard?
You can sleep with a light on Smile
Back to top  
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail  
Woods 

Buckley - turns boys into men


Joined: 21 Aug 2013
Location: Melbourne

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 10:04 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Bit disappointed in Eddie. He's given material to work with about a Jew and a Scotsman and the best he can come up with is a gag about pocket money? Surely he can work in a foreskin and a kilt.
Back to top  
View user's profile Send private message  
Magpietothemax 



Joined: 27 Apr 2013


PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 10:14 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry double post
Back to top  
View user's profile Send private message  
Magpietothemax 



Joined: 27 Apr 2013


PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 10:14 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

mudlark wrote:

I find it breathtakingly confusing that a person can take a video of his mates throwing a blindfolded homosexual off a building and more likely cheering him on, posting it to social media and then when someone else reuses that imagery ,showing the absolute barbarity of some people, they are called racist and some type of "Phobic' for showing a certain type of person being, in this case, homophobic,,but, because a christian, white man posts the same video he is called a racist???? Shocked Shocked Shocked Imagine if he was a Collingwood supporter as well,or Eddie???

Look the point is, who are the forces with power and who are those who have none? The US has destroyed the nation of Iraq, Libya and coming close with Syria. It has pulverised Iraq with devastating weapons, including depleted uranium and fuel air bombs, and most lately has been involved in mass civilian casualties in Mosul. And don't forget, the original pretext for starting the war (Iraq's weapons of mass destruction) is now known to be a total lie. US gunships destroyed a hospital in Afghanistan, incinerating at least 30 to 50 patients and doctors/nurses. It is the US unleashing massive firepower on to defenceless nations in the Middle East. This can only be justified by demonising/stigmatising the populations of the Middle east. Hence, Islamophobia, is encouraged by all Western governments, because it justifies their participation in US led wars. So ,you are shocked when a white Christian who posts the horrific murder of a homosexual by an islamic fundamentalist is denounced as a racist. I don't know if he is a racist, (probably he is), but more importantly, by posting such a video he is doing exactly what the war criminals in Washington (Democrat and Republican alike) would want. I am more shocked by the fact that there are not more videos being posted of US war crimes in Mosul, or Afghanistan. Oh wait, there was one man who did post such videos, Julian Assange. He was then demonised as a traitor for daring to expose the criminal violence of the US military in Iraq. Hopefully, you are just as shocked about what has happened to him as you are about the white Christian.
Back to top  
View user's profile Send private message  
Sir Alan of Didak Virgo



Joined: 06 Apr 2008
Location: Ascot Vale

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 10:27 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Magpietothemax...

GO TRUMP, GO ED AND GO PIES!

_________________
"Give Bucks a bit of a go mate, because when Bucks was the captain he carried that team for you, he played his guts out for you”
Back to top  
View user's profile Send private message  
Adam Treloar 3 Votes 



Joined: 09 May 2017


PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 10:40 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Magpietothemax

You are incredibly naive, where do you get your news from, Russia Today or the Isis channel?

There were wars in Middle East long before America along with a coalition of countries sought to replace dictatorships with democracy. Remember Iran v Iraq war, Iraq v Kuwait, Israel v Syria, Israel v Lebanon etc.

I notice you had no objection to the killing of thousands of American civilians during 9/11, and you only object when the Americans quite rightly invaded Afghanistan to put an end to the barbaric taliban who were not only ruining their own country but were protecting Al qaeda.

Where does your allegiance lie? You sound like an Isis sympathiser upset that the US (along with a coalition of other countries) has torpedoed your murderous caliphate. I’ll pass your details to the security hotline for surveillance.

It is disappointing to know that unfortunately Collingwood has fans like you.

_________________
People forget that our last premiership was only 2010 and rebuilds take some time. 2018 we play finals again.


Last edited by Adam Treloar 3 Votes on Sun Dec 03, 2017 10:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top  
View user's profile Send private message  
Redlight 



Joined: 11 Jun 2009


PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 10:51 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Magpietothemax wrote:
mudlark wrote:

I find it breathtakingly confusing that a person can take a video of his mates throwing a blindfolded homosexual off a building and more likely cheering him on, posting it to social media and then when someone else reuses that imagery ,showing the absolute barbarity of some people, they are called racist and some type of "Phobic' for showing a certain type of person being, in this case, homophobic,,but, because a christian, white man posts the same video he is called a racist???? Shocked Shocked Shocked Imagine if he was a Collingwood supporter as well,or Eddie???

Look the point is, who are the forces with power and who are those who have none? The US has destroyed the nation of Iraq, Libya and coming close with Syria. It has pulverised Iraq with devastating weapons, including depleted uranium and fuel air bombs, and most lately has been involved in mass civilian casualties in Mosul. And don't forget, the original pretext for starting the war (Iraq's weapons of mass destruction) is now known to be a total lie. US gunships destroyed a hospital in Afghanistan, incinerating at least 30 to 50 patients and doctors/nurses. It is the US unleashing massive firepower on to defenceless nations in the Middle East. This can only be justified by demonising/stigmatising the populations of the Middle east. Hence, Islamophobia, is encouraged by all Western governments, because it justifies their participation in US led wars. So ,you are shocked when a white Christian who posts the horrific murder of a homosexual by an islamic fundamentalist is denounced as a racist. I don't know if he is a racist, (probably he is), but more importantly, by posting such a video he is doing exactly what the war criminals in Washington (Democrat and Republican alike) would want. I am more shocked by the fact that there are not more videos being posted of US war crimes in Mosul, or Afghanistan. Oh wait, there was one man who did post such videos, Julian Assange. He was then demonised as a traitor for daring to expose the criminal violence of the US military in Iraq. Hopefully, you are just as shocked about what has happened to him as you are about the white Christian.


I find this viewpoint troubling. You're falling all over yourself to excuse barbaric acts on one side and demonising everything the other side does. So, by your reckoning the middle-east is a blameless victim and the west are all war-criminals?

The 9/11 attacks precede the war in Iraq, Afghanistan and Syria. The response by the west was not surprising and, in war, many innocent people will be killed. It has always been thus.

Should the west feel bad because we can use well equipped fighting forces in order to limit our own casualties? Should we not do that to make it 'fairer'?

If there is to be an ongoing threat to the 'western way of life' then I'm not feeling compelled to apologise for our defence of it.

Just take a moment to compare the relative freedoms and lifestyles of a typical middle-eastern society and a typical western one. I'm prepared to contend that western values and approaches, while not perfect, are far superior to the alternatives.

I don't understand the self-loathing.
Back to top  
View user's profile Send private message  
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6   

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum



Privacy Policy

Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group