Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Eddie in “hot water” on Hot Seat

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Collingwood 4 eternity 

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 10:03 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

I was more offended when that filth supporting host of Sale of the Century Tony Barber , ran out to start the show with a little more spring in his step than usual because his team beat us in the 1981 GF
masoncox 

masoncox

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 10:12 am

Redlight wrote:
Magpietothemax wrote:
Seriously, Eddie MacGuire is an embarrassment to Collingwood. First the appalling King Kong comments, just as bad as those of a 13 year girl, but for which she suffered much more, and now this. Clearly puerile racism is ingrained in him, because he has proven incapable of learning from his mistakes. I remember laughing at anti-Semite stinginess jokes when I was 12 years old. Since then, I have moved on. Eddie has not.

Spare me.

There was nothing anti-semitic in what Ed said. You seem intent on ignoring the fact that this was a joke about the stereotypes of both Jewish people and Scots. There was no malice and no disrespect involved.

Why no outrage on behalf of the Scottish people? Are you so patronising that you feel that Jewish people need you to defend them (sniping from the moral high-ground) while the Scots are probably fine because you saw 'Braveheart' once and hey, they looked pretty tough?

Outrage is a hobby for some it seems, but the simple act of being outraged doesn't make you superior - to Ed - or anyone else for that matter.

True.
But i wish we had a president who had a job selling fish or whatever.
Dont need a high profile prez who is in the media.
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 10:16 am

What do you need?
thesoretoothsayer 

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 12:20 pm

Magpietothemax wrote:
doriswilgus wrote:

Meanwhile the President of the USA is retweeting racist videos of a hate group in the U.K.Now that is something that should really get people upset,not this.

The two are connected. The racist tweets of Trump provide the climate for racists in general to feel emboldened.

Let me get this straight.
Recording evidence of the criminal actions of a minority group is no longer evidence of the crimes but an act of racism?

By your criteria, a person reposting a video of 9/11 is committing a racist offence.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 12:30 pm

The world has surely just gone $£$%^%%$ mad!!
mudlark 

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 12:48 pm

What'sinaname wrote:
Eddie's too much of a yob to be on TV.

He's guaranteed to say something moronic on TV or radio every year!

At least one parent was aboriginal! Who know what Ed would have said then!

You really can't be serious?? Are you? It was a freaking joke.I didn't see it but FFS grow a skin.
Shocked
Clemo Capricorn

clemo

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 1:38 pm
Post subject: Eddie in “hot water” on Hot SeatReply with quote

magpieazza 

magpieazza

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 3:26 pm

Collingwood 4 eternity wrote:
I was more offended when that filth supporting host of Sale of the Century Tony Barber , ran out to start the show with a little more spring in his step than usual because his team beat us in the 1981 GF

Ha ha thats brilliant !!

Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 6:37 pm

thesoretoothsayer wrote:
Magpietothemax wrote:
doriswilgus wrote:

Meanwhile the President of the USA is retweeting racist videos of a hate group in the U.K.Now that is something that should really get people upset,not this.

The two are connected. The racist tweets of Trump provide the climate for racists in general to feel emboldened.

Let me get this straight.
Recording evidence of the criminal actions of a minority group is no longer evidence of the crimes but an act of racism?

By your criteria, a person reposting a video of 9/11 is committing a racist offence.

...um you didn't quite keep up with the news, did you? It turns out that the video that Trump retweeted was a fake video, in the sense that the boy shown kicking and beating another was not Muslim but Dutch. Trump's press secretary was forced to make the incredible statement that it did not matter if Trump re posted fake videos, because all that mattered was the "idea" he was expressing.
So the very fact that this video was fake proves conclusively that it was posted for racist reasons, originally by the British fascist Jayda Fransen.
Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 7:04 pm

magpieazza wrote:
As if Eddie meant to offend anyone!!

He should keep pricking the fork in the arses of those who get offended!!

For those of you on this board who think its a tragedy Ill buy you a box of tissues and send you the bill for it!!

SOOO SOOO sick of political correctness it makes me want to PUKE!!

F@$# OFF you poor bastards who have nothing better to do than bring this world into the whingy whiney cry baby state that its in now....

GO EDDIE youre a legend and I dont even care about the King Kong jibe because you know what?!?!?......It was not intended to offend!!!

Of course he should be careful of what he says in his position but at the end of the day.......F$#@ OFF with a big fat LOL !!!!

BTW Im not responding to the sooks who complain about my post.

P.S. this post has made my day a whole lot better, I highly recommend it!!!

LOL

Apart from the rather uncontrolled abuse here, there are quite a few logical contradictions:
"Of course Eddy should be careful what he says in his position", you say, but on the other hand, you want him to " keep pricking the fork in the arses of those who get offended".The reason why you don't care about the King Kong jibe is because Eddie didn't mean to offend anyone, yet you want him to keep pricking that fork in.

"Political correctness" is a term used by rightwingers who oppose identity politics and multiculturalism from the right.

I am not complaining about your post. I found it to be quite amusing.
Leggie Aries

Bucks for PM.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 7:24 pm

Yawn.
thesoretoothsayer 

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 9:33 pm

Quote:
...um you didn't quite keep up with the news, did you? It turns out that the video that Trump retweeted was a fake video, in the sense that the boy shown kicking and beating another was not Muslim but Dutch.

I believe the video was declared fake because it was entitled "Muslim migrant..." The Dutch have stated the perpetrator in the video was born and raised in the Netherlands. The Dutch refused to comment on the religion of the perpetrator.
Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 9:43 pm

I believe the video was declared fake because it was entitled "Muslim migrant..." The Dutch have stated the perpetrator in the video was born and raised in the Netherlands. The Dutch refused to comment on the religion of the perpetrator.[/quote]

Sorry to keep going with this, but I cannot help but make this comment.
Why should the religion of the perpetrator be of any relevance, unless the reason for posting it is to keep inciting anti-Muslim xenophobia?
thesoretoothsayer 

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 10:29 pm

Magpietothemax wrote:
I believe the video was declared fake because it was entitled "Muslim migrant..." The Dutch have stated the perpetrator in the video was born and raised in the Netherlands. The Dutch refused to comment on the religion of the perpetrator.

Sorry to keep going with this, but I cannot help but make this comment.
Why should the religion of the perpetrator be of any relevance, unless the reason for posting it is to keep inciting anti-Muslim xenophobia?[/quote]

I'm still confused. Before you called Trump a racist. Now you're calling him an anti-Muslim xenophobe. Racism, islamophobia and xenophobia are all different things. Can you please confirm which one Trump is guilty of by retweeting the videos. Is it all three?
Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 11:25 pm

thesoretoothsayer wrote:

I'm still confused. Before you called Trump a racist. Now you're calling him an anti-Muslim xenophobe. Racism, islamophobia and xenophobia are all different things. Can you please confirm which one Trump is guilty of by retweeting the videos. Is it all three?

'Xenophobia and racism are not different. It is ridiculously easy to transform one into the other. Racism, nationalism and xenophobia are simply the different faces of the same hydra.
If you don't think that Trump is an anti-Muslim xenophobe, after all that has transpired in the recent past, then really there is no point for us to continue discussing this argument. It is akin to me saying that 2 + 2 = 4, and you denying it.
Trump is guilty of all three. He has solidarised himself with a leader of the British fascist party. What more is there to say?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6   

Jump to: