Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Meeting Dane Swan

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 11:33 am
Post subject: Meeting Dane SwanReply with quote

So last night I went to the Village Green in Wheelers Hill to go to a meet and greet with Dane Swan.

It started at 6, but we got there early and had the chance to have a chat and take a few photos.

There was plenty of things I would have loved to have discussed, but the cue started forming, so I moved along. We chatted briefly about Brayden
Sier as he's taken over the #36. Said he was well liked around the club and should be due to play in 2018.

Just wanted to say that he was really funny and he was really good with the young kids that came in to see him.

After about half hour, I talked my friend into getting his photo taken with him. When I told Swan that he was an Essendon supporter and his favourite player was Stanton, he loved it. And said he carved him up a few times on various Anzac Days.

Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 1:57 pm
Post subject: Re: Meeting Dane SwanReply with quote

Presti35 wrote:
So last night I went to the Village Green in Wheelers Hill to go to a meet and greet with Dane Swan.

It started at 6, but we got there early and had the chance to have a chat and take a few photos.

There was plenty of things I would have loved to have discussed, but the cue started forming, so I moved along. We chatted briefly about Brayden
Sier as he's taken over the #36. Said he was well liked around the club and should be due to play in 2018.

Just wanted to say that he was really funny and he was really good with the young kids that came in to see him.

After about half hour, I talked my friend into getting his photo taken with him. When I told Swan that he was an Essendon supporter and his favourite player was Stanton, he loved it. And said he carved him up a few times on various Anzac Days.

I met Swanny at a function a few years back, great guy and great to talk to, a real people person is Dane Cool

qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 2:37 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

I meet Swanny a few years ago in at LAX airport when our flight had been delayed a couple hours.
I was wearing a Collingwood cap and at first I didn't notice him (he was sitting with his back to were I was sitting with the wife)
He got up to go get a coffee (assuming it was coffee as he went to the nearby Starbucks) and on the way back I saw him.
As he approached our seats I said "hot pies hot pies get em while there hot"
He looked up and started laughing and said "love the cap mate"
I let him drink his beverage and then approached him for a photo to which he happily obliged and we chatted for around 15 minutes.
He was very down to earth and approachable.
We mainly spoke about Beams (as I knew Dayne for many years prior to him doing drafted by Collingwood) and Swanny was a big fan of his.
Overall a very pleasant experience and a good guy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: