Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

So, do we have great forward depth now?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2022 2:46 pm
Post subject: So, do we have great forward depth now?Reply with quote

Its truly amazing, last week i was calling for us to try and get Sam Weidemann off Melbourne, because of our lack of forward depth, as I perceived it. However, now i have changed my mind, after this weekend. We DO have forward depth, to help out Checkers and Elliott, im talking bout Carmichael, and the other kid, Ash Johnson. Both these youngsters played great games, looked naturals booted nice goals marked well , and when you add Henry too them, we really do and will have, an imposing forward line. Plus of course, Jack Ginnivan, and Cameron can play forward too, and when De Goey returns, he can beef up the center, along with Grundy.

So, seems we dont need Weideman now, is that the way of it now, we really do have a bumper forward line to look forward too. Surprised Very Happy

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Pep 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2022 2:54 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Totally agree, we seem to have some versatility in this area, and we can include Kruger in the mix as well, he seems like a bull that will crash packs and kick goals, hopefully he can stay on the park though!
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2022 4:38 pm

^ Kane Cornes, the mouth of the south, seems to think we lack potent forwards, then again, he thinks Buddy is not amongst the 200 best players playing now, so he really does not count, total moron village idiot.

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2022 7:17 pm

We have good options we can work with, genuinely multiple avenues to goal but Krueger has potential and promise, not runs on the board and Checkers and Cox aren't getting younger so we do need to invest in KPP at the draft and if a good one in the right age profile is available by trade or FA, go for it.

Note, I said good one, not McStay.

I've also carried hald a mongrel over the idea of getting the Weed, but I've sadly come to the conclusion that if he's the answer, the question is wrong.

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2022 8:17 pm

We are still missing a genuine tall power forward. Hopefully Krueger can fill that role next year.
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2022 9:02 pm

stui magpie wrote:
We have good options we can work with, genuinely multiple avenues to goal but Krueger has potential and promise, not runs on the board and Checkers and Cox aren't getting younger so we do need to invest in KPP at the draft and if a good one in the right age profile is available by trade or FA, go for it.

Note, I said good one, not McStay.

I've also carried hald a mongrel over the idea of getting the Weed, but I've sadly come to the conclusion that if he's the answer, the question is wrong.

Interesting stat came to light over the weekend on Weideman. He is rated as the the #1 worst defensive pressure forward in the the entire competition !!
Ben Brown is rated as the second worst and that is supposedly one of the key reasons why they can’t stop scores being kicked against them
( Fritsch was ranked 9th )
These are things you don’t see unless you go and watch these guys every week.
pietillidie 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2022 10:31 pm

stui magpie wrote:
I've also carried hald a mongrel over the idea of getting the Weed...

At first I thought you'd gone all Shakespearian on us, literally Googling 'to carry hald', thinking it might be an Old English expression. How's that for naive? Laughing

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2022 10:36 pm

Laughing

Hope you figured out it was a typo and I meant to type "half" not "hald". Wink

Mossi Leo

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2022 1:31 am
Post subject: Re: SO, we DO have great forward depth now. !Reply with quote

Piesnchess wrote:
Its truly amazing, last week i was calling for us to try and get Sam Weidemann off Melbourne, because of our lack of forward depth, as I perceived it. However, now i have changed my mind, after this weekend. We DO have forward depth, to help out Checkers and Elliott, im talking bout Carmichael, and the other kid, Ash Johnson. Both these youngsters played great games, looked naturals booted nice goals marked well , and when you add Henry too them, we really do and will have, an imposing forward line. Plus of course, Jack Ginnivan, and Cameron can play forward too, and when De Goey returns, he can beef up the center, along with Grundy.

So, seems we dont need Weideman now, is that the way of it now, we really do have a bumper forward line to look forward too. Surprised Very Happy

RE Sam Weidermann. I happen to be sitting next to Sams Cousin while watching our fabulous comeback on the queens birthday game. We talked about Sam, I said that Sam stated he had no intention to play for Collingwood! Take it as you want but this Cousin said that Sam will be at Collingwood!! Looking at those stats and the fact that Brown is preferred to Sam at the Dees, I hope we have other solutions! I am sure Wrighty will come up with a player for a KPF.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2022 12:50 pm

^ The original Weed played a bit before my time, going to the footy, my older bro idolised him though, he was a kid at the 1958 GF, when Murray was our Captain, and ran onto the ground, with thousands, going nuts, after the siren. I guess it would be nice, sentimental value, having the name Weideman back with us, the myth of the name, but i guess that has no place in modern day footy, hey. I just wish he played for some other team, not Melbourne, whom is Grandad utterly despised. ! LOL

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2022 2:18 pm

Mossi wrote:

RE Sam Weidermann. I happen to be sitting next to Sams Cousin while watching our fabulous comeback on the queens birthday game. We talked about Sam, I said that Sam stated he had no intention to play for Collingwood! Take it as you want but this Cousin said that Sam will be at Collingwood!! Looking at those stats and the fact that Brown is preferred to Sam at the Dees, I hope we have other solutions! I am sure Wrighty will come up with a player for a KPF.

Well if it's next year we'd have to trade for him as he's contracted to the end of 2023 when he becomes a restricted free agent..

Despite the knocks, he actually stacks up well against McStay and is 2 years younger

https://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/ft_player_compare?playerStatus1=A&tid1=20&playerStatus2=A&tid2=12&type=A&pid1=3942&pid2=4171&fid1=O&fid2=O

The General Aquarius

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2022 4:58 pm

^

But can he hold down a key position in defence like McStay? Probably not.

Last edited by The General on Thu Jul 28, 2022 11:37 am; edited 1 time in total
Return of the baldfacts 

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2022 6:05 pm

^

Garry Lyon on On the Couch said that Weideman is the worst pressure forward in the AFL. Second worst was Ben Brown. Hasn't set the world on fire, so can't see why we would be interested.
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2022 7:12 pm

Pressure is just about effort not skill. Does anyone know what goes into measuring what is a good or bad pressure forward?

Is it 1%s, tackles or some magic algorithm?

lazzadesilva Virgo

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2022 7:31 pm

A change of coach and environment can help improve, invigorate and motivate a player. I wouldn’t mind the Weed at Collingwood if it happens.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3   

Jump to: