Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

The Grind (Episoide 2 now online)

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:36 pm
Post subject: The GrindReply with quote

Episode one tonight on Collingwood Media

Interesting and look forward to see how it builds as it proceeds

BazBoy 

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:55 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Budda Hocking has that larrikin knock about character--had the boys attention

Hope that he can have a positive input

Adam Treloar 3 Votes 

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 9:21 pm

I loved watching Episode 1 and wanted more. Looking forward to next episode.
Jamesy 

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:44 am

Came up on the facebook feed...gave it a look.

Yep, pretty good. It gives you more/greater insight than the usual 30 second snapshot of the pre-season thus far.

Fairdinks!!!! How good was Maxy for us? Absolute win that he's now back at our club. Always a fan anyway.

Garry Hocking: great player, has been in the system post playing career for quite a while, quality inclusion.

They touched on Justin Longmuir as a new coaching inclusion.....too brief. (IMHO) Hopefully more insight in the following episodes.

Overall, great job.

Go the Pies!
WhyPhilWhy? 

WhyPhilWhy?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:09 am

http://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/video/2016-11-17/the-grind-ep1-new-beginnings
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:58 am

And I too would like the new coaching fella,s have their say and maybe might
hear what they think they can bring to the team to achieve success

Nick had two up to chat but what say the next episode all three to chew over
their plans and ideas--that would be good I rekon

qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:45 pm

Great watch and a couple things stood out to me

In the 400m uphill run the group containing Moore got back 2 players immeately hunched over gasping for air whilst Moore looked fresh as a daisy. Again in the 2klm time trial he didn't seem completely spent at the end.
JDG doing extras with Boyd on improving his kicking is a good sign.
Smith finishing 2nd in the 2klm time trial was wonderful. Even though he's at long odds to get a game in 2018 good to see him presenting himself in that good of shape.
Maynard has lost some puppy fat and his shape looked a lot more suited to spending big minutes in the midfield.
Lastly the vocal presence of Adams. Obviously the captain in waiting and just oozes leadership
You can see the players very clearly gravitating towards him. Whether the decision has been made already to install him as the stand alone captain for the 2018 season it's clear as day the players look to him for guidance already
Fairly impressed with the level of fitness many seem to show at this early stage. Appears the players have presented themselves in top condition for the start of the preseason. Good signs for mine
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:47 pm

Thanks for your support. I am watching.
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:57 pm

Yes quite obvious that Tay has that style to put fire in the belly and seeing it on display was inspirational

They mostly looked chippa and on top of Grind our Jeremy Howe enlarged the different tack they are taking--contest,contest and more contest.

Certainly a shift in preparation from seasons past--the bit about Boyd taking
Jordan aside to impart his experience on kicking was a bonus--let's hope just
one of the many

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:18 pm

qldmagpie67 wrote:

In the 400m uphill run the group containing Moore got back 2 players immeately hunched over gasping for air whilst Moore looked fresh as a daisy. Again in the 2klm time trial he didn't seem completely spent at the end.
Smith finishing 2nd in the 2klm time trial was wonderful. Even though he's at long odds to get a game in 2018 good to see him presenting himself in that good of shape.
Maynard has lost some puppy fat and his shape looked a lot more suited to spending big minutes in the midfield.
Lastly the vocal presence of Adams. Obviously the captain in waiting and just oozes leadership
You can see the players very clearly gravitating towards him. Whether the decision has been made already to install him as the stand alone captain for the 2018 season it's clear as day the players look to him for guidance already
Fairly impressed with the level of fitness many seem to show at this early stage. Appears the players have presented themselves in top condition for the start of the preseason. Good signs for mine

I like your passion, but I think you're getting a bit ahead of yourself there qm67. Pendles will remain our captain, this year and probably next.
K 

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:01 am

RudeBoy wrote:
qldmagpie67 wrote:

I like your passion, but I think you're getting a bit ahead of yourself there qm67. Pendles will remain our captain, this year and probably next.

Also, Moore finished behind Cox in the 2km time trial (in about 7:04 from memory), so I don't think that was such a great performance.
qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:09 am

RudeBoy wrote:
qldmagpie67 wrote:

Rude isn't a knock on Pendles to me it's a natural progression for the team as a whole. I see Pendles role still vitally important as that beacon of professionalism for the young/new players and would want him to be mentoring our next generation of draft picks. By doing more 1-1 time with these kids he can't fulfil all the obligations a skipper should to the larger group. Pendles isn't a natural leader he's more of a leader by virtue of his high levels of excellence. When Maxy was skipper he was far from our best player in fact many here often called for him to be dropped but he brought so many positives in other aspects.
Adams performances in Pendles absence late last season was a marked improvement on his form prior but more important the way he led the players was a highlight. He's vocal and the right age to grow with this group and you can see they gravitate towards him.
If the club doesn't change skippers it's not the end of the world it will happen at some stage to me the timing is right now giving Pendles the freedom to just play footy and mentor our next generation of players
Just my opinion rude
PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:55 am

qldmagpie67 wrote:

Rude isn't a knock on Pendles to me it's a natural progression for the team as a whole. I see Pendles role still vitally important as that beacon of professionalism for the young/new players and would want him to be mentoring our next generation of draft picks. By doing more 1-1 time with these kids he can't fulfil all the obligations a skipper should to the larger group. Pendles isn't a natural leader he's more of a leader by virtue of his high levels of excellence. When Maxy was skipper he was far from our best player in fact many here often called for him to be dropped but he brought so many positives in other aspects.
Adams performances in Pendles absence late last season was a marked improvement on his form prior but more important the way he led the players was a highlight. He's vocal and the right age to grow with this group and you can see they gravitate towards him.
If the club doesn't change skippers it's not the end of the world it will happen at some stage to me the timing is right now giving Pendles the freedom to just play footy and mentor our next generation of players
Just my opinion rude

I fully agree with your opinion Qldmagpie - fits with what I've been thinking about the situation for quite a while now (for whatever that's worth!! Laughing)
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:53 pm

qldmagpie67 wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:
qldmagpie67 wrote:

Just my opinion rude

I agree with a lot of that, but I just can't see a change of leadership happening for some time. after all, the players have a big say in who is the captain, and Pendles is admired by everyone.
qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 3:20 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
qldmagpie67 wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:
qldmagpie67 wrote:

Just my opinion rude

I agree with a lot of that, but I just can't see a change of leadership happening for some time. after all, the players have a big say in who is the captain, and Pendles is admired by everyone.

Absolutely he is Rude. But not having the C next to his name won't change there admiration for him. For mine I think the captaincy has been a bit of a burden on him at times. He's often been so worried about team performance he hasn't seemed to be enjoying his football as much (just a observation)
He's still undoubtedly our best player by a fair margin and only injury last season robbed him of a record 6th Copeland.
My thoughts are I want to see the next generation of players showing the same levels of professionalism in preparation and development he does because if that happens then the team as a whole is in a much better position to be a finals caliber team.
The growth in performance can't come from the top end players it has to come from the mid teir and younger players pushing themselves to be better. I see Pendles taking a active role in this along with the coaches.
Whether he has the C next to his name for game day isn't a big deal. The work load of leadership should be shared around anyways in today's football
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3   

Jump to: