Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

#35,#1 Jaidyn Stephenson

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Player Forums

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 126, 127, 128  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 8:56 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Love, love, love this selection.

Speed, endurance, forward nous, x-factor, line breaker, tall.

Welcome to Collingwood Jaidyn.

blackandwhite4life Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 9:02 pm

Very pleased with this selection.

I remember a bloke called Dale Thomas who kicked 5 goals in a major trial game and also starred on grand final day as a junior.

He turned out ok!

duggieboy 

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 9:12 pm

nice one - am very glad about this pick! Stephenson makes things happen & looks a natural line breaker.
thebaldfacts 

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 9:26 pm

David King said that he is exactly what we need, so I am happy to rely on his judgement.

Welcome Jaidyn.
piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 9:50 pm

Damien wrote:
Watching his highlights tape this morning he misses a lot of targets. Just saying.

So he not only looks and runs like Treloar, he has the same skill set?! Laughing

ronrat 

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 10:28 pm

Getting potted by a few already. Hopefully they will end up with egg on the face. Give it a rest. It is boring, infantile and shows a lack of respect.
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 10:32 pm

Do you like the Simpsons?
PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 11:00 pm

piedys wrote:
Damien wrote:
Watching his highlights tape this morning he misses a lot of targets. Just saying.

So he not only looks and runs like Treloar, he has the same skill set?! Laughing

Yeah unfortunately, perhaps because it's such a major, glaring problem with the seniors, the first thing I noticed about him was his poor accuracy when disposing by hand and foot! Sad So indeed, very much like Treloar!!
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 11:37 pm

https://coupler.foxsports.com.au/api/v1/article/amp/afl/explained-how-collingwood-made-its-gutsy-call-on-jaidyn-stephenson-in-2017-afl-draft/news-story/3dfdd41741f5b44c92d27abaa83cf83a
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 12:12 am

Dave The Man wrote:
https://coupler.foxsports.com.au/api/v1/article/amp/afl/explained-how-collingwood-made-its-gutsy-call-on-jaidyn-stephenson-in-2017-afl-draft/news-story/3dfdd41741f5b44c92d27abaa83cf83a

Quote:
Collingwood recruiting manager Derek Hine and his team rated Stephenson among the top 3 players in the draft and, on performances during 2017, they felt it could be argued that he was, as Sheehan suggested, number one.

K 

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 8:24 am

Dave The Man wrote:

Quote:
The Magpies had sought advice from a noted sports cardiologist. Their departed club doctor, Chris Bradshaw, had given the all-clear to pick Stephenson prior to his suspension by the medical authorities, but they wanted more information on Stephenson’s rare heart ailment...

“The heart issue actually came up when I was 16. They (doctors) knew about it but I’m not really in a diagnosable area for the disease, or whatever it is. So they said ‘you can play, no worries’,” Stephenson said post-draft.

“I’m on some medication so I’ve just got to make sure I take that but also be careful about what I put in my own body, which could affect the condition.

I find this bizarre journalism. If they just name the condition and name the medication, we'll know so much more... In general, someone might want privacy regarding their medical issues, but if the media were concerned about his privacy they should have said nothing at all.

Update:

I just saw a video clip from back stage, where Jaidyn states the condition still has not been diagnosed and they're doing genetic testing. If they don't know what it is, can they really be so sure it won't be a problem? (This is probably why some clubs were not prepared to take him with any pick.)

He's taking Propranolol, which is a fairly innocuous beta-blocker.
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 10:07 am

K wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:

Quote:
The Magpies had sought advice from a noted sports cardiologist. Their departed club doctor, Chris Bradshaw, had given the all-clear to pick Stephenson prior to his suspension by the medical authorities, but they wanted more information on Stephenson’s rare heart ailment...

“The heart issue actually came up when I was 16. They (doctors) knew about it but I’m not really in a diagnosable area for the disease, or whatever it is. So they said ‘you can play, no worries’,” Stephenson said post-draft.

“I’m on some medication so I’ve just got to make sure I take that but also be careful about what I put in my own body, which could affect the condition.

I find this bizarre journalism. If they just name the condition and name the medication, we'll know so much more... In general, someone might want privacy regarding their medical issues, but if the media were concerned about his privacy they should have said nothing at all.

Update:

I just saw a video clip from back stage, where Jaidyn states the condition still has not been diagnosed and they're doing genetic testing. If they don't know what it is, can they really be so sure it won't be a problem? (This is probably why some clubs were not prepared to take him with any pick.)

He's taking Propranolol, which is a fairly innocuous beta-blocker.

and Found the Problem at 16 and his Footy and Combine where very strong

mudlark 

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 1:24 pm

Seth wrote:
mudlark wrote:
Damien wrote:

Great positive start Damo??

He's my positive spin. Do we really need another another midfielder? I mean really? We have a bucket load already, thats we have do have. We need key position players. Naughton would have been a great pick for mine.

Lets hope medically he checks out, wouldn't want to get this recruiting year wrong.
So if Dane Swan,Dustin Martin,Sloane Rioli etc were available and a skinny kid who might one day become a KPP we wouldn't take any of them ??/Is that what you mean?We have Mclarty who has been in the system for a while and bulked up a bit,also Max Lynch who has also been in the system and bulked up so I don't see your argument stacking up.The last 2 flags have been won by a team of mid fielders. Go figure EH!!!
Invigoration 

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 1:31 pm

Ball drop is a bit icky
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 1:59 pm

Invigoration wrote:
Ball drop is a bit icky

They Said that on Fox Footy that the Ball Drop is a Big Reason for his IFFY Kicking

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Player Forums All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 126, 127, 128  Next
Page 3 of 128   

Jump to: