Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

#35,#1 Jaidyn Stephenson

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Player Forums

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 126, 127, 128  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2022 4:13 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Trading Stephenson doesn't look like an error. Getting rid of Carman, let alone bringing in Edwards and failing to land Quinlan - now that was proper stupidity 1970s Collingwod-style.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2022 4:21 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
Trading Stephenson doesn't look like an error. Getting rid of Carman, let alone bringing in Edwards and failing to land Quinlan - now that was proper stupidity 1970s Collingwod-style.

Before he went to the Swans, didnt we cockup a possible trade for Plugger, and one of our Board members vetoed it ? Surprised

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2022 4:27 pm

Probably - but he was just a big slug. Carman was the loss. Quinlan was a great CHB and a solid FF, Edwards was a joke but not working harder to keep Carman (including, if necessary, sacking the entire coaching staff) was like Barcelona trading Maradona to Naples.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2022 4:40 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
Probably - but he was just a big slug. Carman was the loss. Quinlan was a great CHB and a solid FF, Edwards was a joke but not working harder to keep Carman (including, if necessary, sacking the entire coaching staff) was like Barcelona trading Maradona to Naples.

Woah, bit hard on Plugger mate, jeez, he kicked more goals than Buddy, and Coventry, holds the record, id have loved him in a big Pies jumper. Surprised

thesoretoothsayer 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2022 5:55 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:

Woah, bit hard on Plugger mate, jeez, he kicked more goals than Buddy, and Coventry, holds the record, id have loved him in a big Pies jumper. Surprised

Yes, indeed. I had friends who were mad Saints supporters and I saw many St.Kilda games back in the day. Plugger was an absolute beast.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2022 6:11 pm

Plugger was a kind of John Pitura for the 90s.
Lazza 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2022 9:45 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:

Getting John Cahill as coach instead of John Kennedy was mega stupidity. Wayne Richardson not wanting Plugger because he wanted his son Mark to get the forward berth was deflating, depressing and dumb as dog shit šŸ˜”šŸ¤¬

Duff Soviet Union 

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2022 10:03 am

With Phillips and Stevenson both not getting games, our ā€œdisastrousā€ recruiting period from a couple of years ago doesnā€™t seem so bad now
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2022 10:08 am

^ It was never "disastrous" - we got rid of Treloar and that substantial plus outweighed anything else we did. There was a question-mark around Stephenson because he was (is) a huge talent. But he looks at the moment like he doesn't want to play football at all.
roar 

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2022 10:31 am

^ And Phillips was never a real loss. How anybody was worried about his leaving is still a mystery to me.
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2022 10:41 am

I don't think anyone particularly minded Phillips being traded (although from memory we didn't get much in return). He just gets dragged into these conversations because it happened at the same time as the other two much more controversial trades.

For me the real legacy of that trade period is not just the fact we lost Treloar and Stephenson (who would both still be assets to the side, the latter's apparent performance last week notwithstanding), but how it was done ā€“ the way Treloar was treated doesn't sit well with many of us, and still won't if he forgets how to play football next week. As for Stephenson, I continue to wish him well at North, but do acknowledge that there are indications that he may not quite be all in on being a professional AFL player at times.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2022 12:12 pm

I miss philips, the rest wasshit because of the handling, the lies

And I gotta say Iā€™m loving steak knives Lipinski!

And thank you to the bastard cats for Krueger!

Stevo is an entitled twat with no balls.

Iā€™d take either of the new guys over Treloar.

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2022 2:07 pm

think positive wrote:
I miss philips, the rest wasshit because of the handling, the lies

And I gotta say Iā€™m loving steak knives Lipinski!

And thank you to the bastard cats for Krueger!

Stevo is an entitled twat with no balls.

Iā€™d take either of the new guys over Treloar.

Yep, you can bet many Doggies fans not happy Lipinski has left, hes terrific, we dont miss Treloar one bit now, not one iota. Smile

LaurieHolden Aquarius

Floreat Gymnorhina tyrannica

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2022 6:42 pm

Stephenson 5 possessions against GWS today and kicked a point. His fall from grace has been swift, what a waste of talent. It'll take a miracle to resurrect his career from here.
Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2022 9:17 pm

Piesnchess wrote:

Yep, you can bet many Doggies fans not happy Lipinski has left, hes terrific, we dont miss Treloar one bit now, not one iota. Smile

I remember I was seething and sad that Treloar was booted out in the sly, lying manner that it was done. I also thought that we were losing a very talented fast, outside mid who had been played out of position.
But I agree, Patrick Lipinski has been such a fantastic addition to our team. He has significant pace, but also can go into contested situations hard. He links up brilliantly through the midfield due to his attack on the ball, and he has excellent disposal skills. He has been a vital component of the new game style that our coaches are developing. Definitely I agree, gaining Patrick Lipinski has outweighed losing Adam Treloar.

We have been very fortunate with our "steak knives": first Jack Crisp, and now Patrick Lipinski.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Player Forums All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 126, 127, 128  Next
Page 127 of 128   

Jump to: