Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Training report- Warburton Lad- 20th November 2017

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
E 

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:18 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

re kicking. i hope they practice fatigue kicking. that is why they have integrated the kicking during this early pre-season.

kicking while fatigued is so much harder than regular kicking.

it is a skill to develop like regular kicking.

in the modern game, the only kicking that should be practiced is fatigue kicking. No point taking goal kicking practice unless you simulate how you will feel on match day after taking the mark (fatigued).

to much goal kicking practice is done with a resting heart rate. it prepares you for NOTHING!

warburton lad 

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:20 am

Good morning Mr E.

You are 100% correct. When the groups were working under pressure, the fatigue factor was evident ( kicks were smothered, kicks went astray and there were missed shots on goal).

On the positive side, there were many very fine kicks. One point of difference was that players snapping at goals were put under pressure as they kicked. Good practice for the team both defensively and for the goal sneaks. Whilst I'm sure he missed a few, young Daicos did not miss any snaps on goal- this Apple has not fallen far from the tree.

3rd degree Aries

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:40 am

Fantastic Work Mr Lad , the Ronnie Biggs reference and other jokes were great alongside a terrific training report, do we look any faster ? I know its early days.

www.facebook/the hybernators
Geek 

geek

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:54 am

What a fantastic report! (And I only allow myself 5 exclamation marks per year)

Thanks, Warburton Lad. Reading it was just like being there.
E 

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:06 am

warburton lad wrote:
Good morning Mr E.

You are 100% correct. When the groups were working under pressure, the fatigue factor was evident ( kicks were smothered, kicks went astray and there were missed shots on goal).

On the positive side, there were many very fine kicks. One point of difference was that players snapping at goals were put under pressure as they kicked. Good practice for the team both defensively and for the goal sneaks. Whilst I'm sure he missed a few, young Daicos did not miss any snaps on goal- this Apple has not fallen far from the tree.

Excellent news re Daics. Wouldn't it be awesome if the Browns, Moore and Daicos all took us to the next flag. very nostalgic.

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:10 am

Will Whilst he or she'm sure he missed a few young Daicos did not miss a snaps on goal- this Apple ever fallen from the tree?
warburton lad 

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:42 am

3rd degree wrote:
Fantastic Work Mr Lad , the Ronnie Biggs reference and other jokes were great alongside a terrific training report, do we look any faster ? I know its early days.

Thank you 3rd degree.

The inclusion of Murray is a plus for the speed side- faster than Sinclair to be sure. But speed is also in the capacity to make decisions. For example, Phllips is quick by foot but was caught a few times by the pace of decision-making.
In contrast, Smitth is not as quick in leg speed, but looked far quicker when played as an on-baller in the match practice.

In terms of leg speed, the fitter Varcoe is quick in terms of pace and elite in terms of decision making.

Maynard has bulked up and has seemingly added pace to his growing repertoire of tricks.

E 

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:23 pm

warburton lad wrote:
3rd degree wrote:

Thank you 3rd degree.

The inclusion of Murray is a plus for the speed side- faster than Sinclair to be sure. But speed is also in the capacity to make decisions. For example, Phllips is quick by foot but was caught a few times by the pace of decision-making.
In contrast, Smitth is not as quick in leg speed, but looked far quicker when played as an on-baller in the match practice.

In terms of leg speed, the fitter Varcoe is quick in terms of pace and elite in terms of decision making.

Maynard has bulked up and has seemingly added pace to his growing repertoire of tricks.

i think smith might end up being the new Blair. which isnt the criticism you might think it is. He is the guy that isn't talented enough to make it but just works his arse off and keeps making the team. A little noticed fact was that smith finished one stride behind Phillips in the team run (and they won the race by a long way). It almost looked like he intentionally stayed behing Phillips so as not to draw attention to himself.

quietly making a case to be kept on the list and quite possibly get games in 2018.

I'll tell you, with Blair and Smith keeping the team honest, we could be in for quite a good year.

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 1:24 pm

E, I've got no problem with both Blair and Smith being on our list, and quite frankly the regular abuse directed towards the wee man by many so-called Pies supporters, is very disappointing. However, with a full list available, we are in big, big trouble if either Smith or Blair are in our best 22. They are valuable depth players, but depth players only, and all teams need to have half a dozen players in that category.
warburton lad 

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:23 pm

For what it's worth, Smith excelled mostly at training. Blair was solid. Both give of their all for the club. Whether they can cement a place in the first 22 relies on many factors.
winpies Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 7:38 pm

Awesome report. It was like I was there in person. Thanks very much Lad.
E 

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:06 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
E, I've got no problem with both Blair and Smith being on our list, and quite frankly the regular abuse directed towards the wee man by many so-called Pies supporters, is very disappointing. However, with a full list available, we are in big, big trouble if either Smith or Blair are in our best 22. They are valuable depth players, but depth players only, and all teams need to have half a dozen players in that category.

i agree 100%. I don't expect either of these players to be in our best 22 (just like they were not in 2017).

However, when the injuries inevitably hit, these guys will be ready to ensure that they get the job done. It really is impressive how hard they work given where they are at. Would love to see all of our players work as hard as them.

SonofRowdy 

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:51 am

Great report warburton lad....can we again indulge you to provide some insights on Braydon Sier 2017 compared to the 2016 version ?

There appears to be quite a bit of optimism around him being a slow yet steady developer that has taken time to adjust to the rigours of professional football.

From your observations does he appear to have elevated his intensity to the point of being a serious contender for senior duties ?
warburton lad 

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:55 pm

SonofRowdy wrote:
Great report warburton lad....can we again indulge you to provide some insights on Braydon Sier 2017 compared to the 2016 version ?

There appears to be quite a bit of optimism around him being a slow yet steady developer that has taken time to adjust to the rigours of professional football.

From your observations does he appear to have elevated his intensity to the point of being a serious contender for senior duties ?

Thank you sonofRowdy ( not sure which one).

Sier of 2016 came with injury concerns and what would euphemistically be called 'love handles'. He has presented in 2017 without apparent injury and is much leaner. Not lighter, just with better muscle definition. His ability to win and give off the footy in contested situation was notable on Monday.

This one appears to be a 'keeper'. Floreat Pica

qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 3:06 pm

Mr Lad yet again another masterpiece of reporting. It's a pleasure to come onto nicks and read such reports. It gives us interstate pies supporters a very good insight into the progress of the team.
I was very pleased to hear of the fitness levels of both Varcoe and Wells.
I commented the other day in another post that Moore had impressed me in the vision I had seen.
Lad once again thank you very much and I hope when I get to Melbourne during the season we might be able meet up and I'll shout the hot chocolate and white chocolate at the glass house (and maybe provide you with some sensative listening devices just in case Bucks or any of the coaches are within ear shot)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5   

Jump to: