Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Bucks more relaxed

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
View previous topic :: View next topic  
K 

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 7:07 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-02-05/bucks-never-far-from-the-spotlight-after-25-years
ronrat 

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:38 pm

K wrote:
Luigitheunbelievable wrote:
I sure hope Bucks and the players read some of the rubbish that gets written on this site. It could be a fantastic motivational tool!

This just caught my eye from the post above...

No, no, no! I would be aghast if players read this site. If I had my way, players would not have any social media involvement at all. No good can come of it. They don't need motivation; they need disposal skills. But that's not really the point. It can only do them harm, whether good or bad words are written about them.

Eddie, on the other hand, probably should read this site, so he has some idea about the feelings of the rank and file.

A friend of mine used to be a house mum for the magpies. She told me the players do read these sites despite being told to ignore them. Josh Fraser used to point out negative posts to others and at the time Lockyer ignored them and Danny Roach took them to heart.

Eddy used to read sites but maybe he has someone do it for him now and point out was is relevant and useful, which would be maybe 1 percent of posts overall the sites like bogfooty etc.

K 

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:19 am

ronrat wrote:
K wrote:
I sure hope Bucks and the players read some of the rubbish that gets written on this site. It could be a fantastic motivational tool!

No, no, no! I would be aghast if players read this site. If I had my way, players would not have any social media involvement at all. No good can come of it. They don't need motivation; they need disposal skills. But that's not really the point. It can only do them harm, whether good or bad words are written about them.

Eddie, on the other hand, probably should read this site, so he has some idea about the feelings of the rank and file.

A friend of mine used to be a house mum for the magpies. She told me the players do read these sites despite being told to ignore them. Josh Fraser used to point out negative posts to others and at the time Lockyer ignored them and Danny Roach took them to heart.

Eddy used to read sites but maybe he has someone do it for him now and point out was is relevant and useful, which would be maybe 1 percent of posts overall the sites like bogfooty etc.

The deterioration in the relationship between Josh Fraser and the Magpie army over the course of his career is really quite sad. I'm not sure why he'd want to stir other players like that, though.

Eddie was a Nicks poster, but it must be many years since he posted.

If current players read Nicks, they might be amongst its youngest readers. Of course, one cannot really tell anything about readers if they don't post.

Last edited by K on Fri Feb 16, 2018 3:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 2:33 pm

Eddie last posted on Nicks in March 2008.
K 

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 3:24 pm

And lukem has posted very little in the last year or two, but maybe he does still read and check for PMs to him.
Seth 

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:51 am

Every coach is more relaxed this time of year aren't they, there are no games to get uptight about!! Hear this every year about Nathan, it is more an issue as to why it is a discussion point.

In Feb every coach is relaxed, every player has shown dramatic improvement over the summer, every team is going to make finals. Wheel out the same shit from every club every year but reality is 8 teams make finals and 8 don't. A team will dramatically improve and others will fall away and some may continue to fester in the land of mediocrity with a relaxed coach.
K 

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 3:07 pm

Seth wrote:
Every coach is more relaxed this time of year aren't they, ...

In Feb every coach is relaxed, every player has shown dramatic improvement over the summer, ...

Ya think? Maybe not at Pieland. Crying or Very sad
Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 1:05 pm

K wrote:

Lots of them read every word on every medium of social media. What else do you expect them to do in their downtime. Why do you think depression is a rising issue? Why do you think it hit Fasolo? Cloke?

The most ironclad warrior is the wee man, what he has endured, and it's not his fault, has been unbelievable.

K 

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 1:10 pm

^^^
Cam, that's why I don't want them to.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 2:44 pm

Cam wrote:
K wrote:

Lots of them read every word on every medium of social media. What else do you expect them to do in their downtime. Why do you think depression is a rising issue? Why do you think it hit Fasolo? Cloke?

The most ironclad warrior is the wee man, what he has endured, and it's not his fault, has been unbelievable.
if you mean Blair, he must go looking for my posts!!

i do agree with you though, im sure they do look, who wouldnt!

K 

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 2:51 pm

But do they know about the existence of bulletin boards like this? Maybe they know only FB & twitter.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 3:58 pm

Google Travis Cloke, Nicks will come up! Yep they google their names!
K 

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 4:13 pm

^^^
I did wonder about that route. And your post prompted me to experiment.
"Travis Cloke" does not give a Nick's link in the first 14 pages of a Google search. Okay, maybe not topical enough....
"Jordan De Goey" gives the Nick's link on page 6. Okay, a more specific search, perhaps?
"Jordan De Goey drink drive" gives the same Nick's link on the bottom of page 4.

We're lower in the search results than reddit, #)(%(!!
Should we be offended, or simply grateful for a small bit of privacy?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3   

Jump to: