Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Cal Twomey's mock draft.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
E 

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 6:28 am
Post subject: Cal Twomey's mock draft.Reply with quote

1. Raynor
2. Davies-hyphen
3. Paddy Dow to carlton
4. Brayshaw
5. Stephenson

6. FOGARTY!!!! - pass up Cerra on the basis that we really need a key forward. Best player out of SA. best kick in draft. People will wonder how on earth did he get to pick 6. When fit, he is the most talented player in the draft.

7. Cerra
8. Hunter Clark (never heard of him)
9. Coffield
10. Bonar (Carlton ends up with gun midfield)
11. Ed Richards!!! Going to GWS!
12. Brander goes to Crows! inconsistent but dominates games with his marking. Walker, Jenkins, AND Brander! he is the tease of the first round. Looked number 1 at times, very inconsistent.
13. Oscar Allen (dont know who he is either)
14. Aaron Naughton (swans)
15. Nathan Murphy

Ran out of breath here. i guess we will get one of them.

I agree with others that we take either Fogarty or Stephenson (whichever is available).

Harrysz 

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:59 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd love Fogarty, or Cerra, or Brayshaw, or Stephenson........
I still think that if Naughton's available at 6, they'll take him to help bolster the goal to goal line.
MightyMagpie 

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:43 am

Worth noting that this exercise was done on a “needs basis” and wasn’t an exercise in predicting what will actually happen.
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:56 am

It was only 12 months ago, Fogarty and Cerra were supposedly in a shoot out for picks one and two in the 2017 draft.
I think this why Collingwood were never going to give up pick 6. I imagine their thinking would be, regardless of who gets picked earlier, we have a very good pick up still at six.
Neither Fogarty or Cerra are overly quick but they just do everything else at close to an elite level. Fogartys other strengths are his versatility and his great footy character. He will be hard to pass up if he's still available.

Re Oscar Allen - this kid is serious talent. I had posted earlier that he could be the bolter. Won the Larke medal and reminds me of a more mobile version of Gunston ( at his best )
Great lateral movement and closing speed. Doesn't miss a target or goal.
He's a WA kid. The surprise of the night could yet be Allen to Dockers at pick five. That would really open it up at pick six.

Only nine more sleeps.

Last edited by Pies2016 on Thu Nov 16, 2017 6:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
E 

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:35 pm

MightyMagpie wrote:
Worth noting that this exercise was done on a “needs basis” and wasn’t an exercise in predicting what will actually happen.

i would argue that the needs basis analysis is more likely to reflect the draft than the best player analysis.

MightyMagpie 

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:53 pm

E wrote:
MightyMagpie wrote:

i would argue that the needs basis analysis is more likely to reflect the draft than the best player analysis.

Well, in his upcoming phantom draft he picks who he thinks teams will take not necessarily "needs" and not necessarily "best available".

barrackers 

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 5:48 pm

Richards keeps climbing up the draft order with every mock draft I read, will be interesting to see where he ends up if only because of his ancestry.
E 

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:26 pm

MightyMagpie wrote:
E wrote:
MightyMagpie wrote:

Well, in his upcoming phantom draft he picks who he thinks teams will take not necessarily "needs" and not necessarily "best available".

ahh, understood. so this is his attempt to say who they SHOULD take` next week, he reveals what his sources suggest they WILL take.

what would be interesting is comparing the difference.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: