Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Interesting read (inc Balme's opinion of Bucks & Eddy)

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
FLAGPIES 

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 11:17 pm
Post subject: Interesting read (inc Balme's opinion of Bucks & Eddy)Reply with quote

https://twitter.com/sports_hounds/status/927685299383291904
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 7:09 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Very good read and Gubby won't start lawn mowing business obviously

On Gubby ' that decision turned out a real blunder

On Ed if he can be part of the club and not try to be all of it we can move up as a club

MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 8:36 am

Neil Balme is in a better position than most to discuss how good a coach Nathan Buckley is and he nails it when he says it's leadership on the field that decides how successful a club is. Also it's obvious from what Balme says that Eddie goofed appointing Gubby Allan to the club last year and everything since has been about mitigating the damage that was done. Therefore it's gratifying to me we won a few games near the end of the season to finish half a game and better percentage over the previous season, which starts us off in 2018 in a vastly better situation than we started off in 2017.
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:40 am

My perception is Ron Reed and the sportshounds need some hits on their website so they had to offer up "click bait" and the only way to do that is start an article about Collingwood. An article by the end has nothing to do with Collingwood. The "click bait" worked once, won't work again.
Mugwump 

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 7:30 pm

It’s pretty clear that Buckley is loved and respected by most of the players, who want to win for him. The only question is really over his strategic and tactical judgement, after six years at the helm with limited success. While I maintain the faith, I can understand the naysayers. The comments on McGuire are more interesting, however. I think it would be best if he stepped aside soon.
masoncox 

masoncox

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 10:50 am

Well he doesn't like Ed that much. He does think Buckley is ok.
mudlark 

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 11:16 am

Well,kit's a bit of a story about a bloke who was moved sideways for a bloke he obviously don't like.As far as making a "Mistake" ,I doubt anyone knew what was to unfold with the Whitfield case before Gubby was found out, by that time he was signed and many were singing the praises of Eddie.We seem to forget that Gubby was involved in 4 premierships which sits well on any CV.On one hand he praises Ed for pulling us out of the shite and then says it's time to move on and then the story goes off into la la land as far as Collingwood goes.
Gubby stuffed up and Ed moved him on.I doubt ,as a leader ,you can do any better than that and he admitted, in hind sight, he would not have made the appointment ,if he knew what was about to unfold.Remember, the story quickly evolved from a GWS player failing to take a drug test to a Collingwood story in which NO ONE knew what was about to unfold until, of course,Gubby moved to Collingwood and it wouldn't surprise if journalists knew BOTH stories and waited until it was a Collingwood story before breaking it.
Seems like it's about a bloke who has sour grapes and has now won a flag and id going NNYYYAAAAA!!!look at me.
35forever 

"I feel sick - dada dada dada da"

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 7:10 pm

Interesting, but he spends more time lamenting how Melbourne treated him. His big raps on Buckley aren't much more than "He could be a really good coach", but not a single word on why.Just a lot of vague stuff about how hard Collingwood are making it for him... Really?
I think what he's really saying, is that HE could've been a great coach but Joe Gutnick screwed him.
His commentary on Eddie is exactly what I've been saying for a year... He thinks its his club.
The fact is that Eddie is a bloody liar, and treats the members & fans like a pack of gullible dickheads. The member's nights & this years "review" have been a complete farce, all designed to fool the stupid into believing that Buckley has been the greatest coach since Jock McHale.
The fact is that the last 6 years have been an unmitigated nightmare, Eddie & Buckley have taken us from consecutive Minor Premierships and a flag to missing the finals for 4 years, something that has only happened 3 times in our 125 years. By the time these two are gone a lot more damage will have been done. Both are using the club as a cash cow, and an employment service for their mates, resulting in miscreants & discards from other clubs holding high paying jobs at "Eddiewood".

Personally I'm holding out for 2020 when both can be dumped, however I won't bag the coach once the season starts while we are able to make the 2018 finals. At least we have the list to succeed, maybe the coach won't get in the way next year?

-me, 2010
"The pies are going to the big dance!"-P.Daicos 2010
Visit My Website!
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 11:38 pm

Rolling Eyes

Give it a rest!

BazBoy 

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:21 am

Just for a minute let's leave Ed and Bucks and get some opinions on the selection of other coaching staff and their impact / benefit to the boys

Benefits derived from putting hard work in front of mischief I have a feeling it's Boyd if his experience to get to where he did IMO if lads pay attention should be a big winner

MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:48 am

BazBoy wrote:
Just for a minute let's leave Ed and Bucks and get some opinions on the selection of other coaching staff and their impact / benefit to the boys

Benefits derived from putting hard work in front of mischief I have a feeling it's Boyd if his experience to get to where he did IMO if lads pay attention should be a big winner

Let's do a poll on our best post season appointment, but we can't do one until we appoint our new CEO. My money is on Nick Maxwell.
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:02 am

BFC. Yes Nick will be very important and that for me a given as he is a Collingwood person--a real good one too ‼️

Chose Boyd cos he will be hands on and like Nick came up the hard way--no
top pick or the like just getting a little dirt on ya hands approach

Like a poll or opinion on it tho

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 4:35 pm

Unfortunately, everything Balmey said rings true to me.

It's unfortunate, because the lack of stability around the club, continues to be a problem at Collingwood, with our next CEO yet to be appointed.

The good thing was the praise he heaped on Bucks, especially highlighting his closeness and emotional connection with the players - the very thing the anti-Bux brigade have assumed was Bucks' weakness. It turns out to be his strength.

On Eddie, I continue to be a fan of Eddie, but hopefully the appointment of a powerful new CEO, will convince El Preso of his need to back off and let people at the club do their job, without having to second guess Eddie.
K 

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 6:16 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
Unfortunately, everything Balmey said rings true to me.

It's unfortunate, because the lack of stability around the club, continues to be a problem at Collingwood, with our next CEO yet to be appointed.

The good thing was the praise he heaped on Bucks, especially highlighting his closeness and emotional connection with the players
- the very thing the anti-Bux brigade have assumed was Bucks' weakness. It turns out to be his strength.

On Eddie, I continue to be a fan of Eddie, but hopefully the appointment of a powerful new CEO, will convince El Preso of his need to back off and let people at the club do their job, without having to second guess Eddie.

Balme's a known Buckley ally, so his praise is hardly momentous. This is a not-so-clear issue...
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 11:26 pm

Good read.

It's no secret that Balme is a supporter of Buckley, but it's evident that like the rest of us he's had concerns about what's been going on behind the scenes.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: