Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Article 11: Has Blair been re-signed or not?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Member 7167 Leo

"What Good Fortune For Governments That The People Do Not Think" - Adolf Hitler.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 10:40 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

inxs88 wrote:
E wrote:
inxs88 wrote:
E wrote:
[quote="inxs88"
E"

?

Yes. I think he is more than good enough to deserve one more year on the list with a modest contract that reflects the fact that he is there as a back-up and to keep the young guys honest and deserving of a game.

many, many people agree with me on this.

Gee, attaching yourself to the vocal minority. Put up a poll E and ask the question: "should Jarryd Blair be retained on the Pies 2018 Primary list"? I dare you E.[/quote]

I am one of those who believe that Blair is worth of a modest extension. Hopefully the list has improved and injuries will be minimal so that we do not need to play him. That said his influence and leadership within the VFL team is invaluable. He his far from the worst player on our list, he has vast experience and his endeavour / loyalty cannot be questioned.

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 10:43 am

I double dare you.
E 

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 2:02 pm

Member 7167 wrote:
inxs88 wrote:
E wrote:
inxs88 wrote:
E wrote:
[quote="inxs88"
E"

?

Yes. I think he is more than good enough to deserve one more year on the list with a modest contract that reflects the fact that he is there as a back-up and to keep the young guys honest and deserving of a game.

Gee, attaching yourself to the vocal minority. Put up a poll E and ask the question: "should Jarryd Blair be retained on the Pies 2018 Primary list"? I dare you E.I am one of those who believe that Blair is worth of a modest extension. Hopefully the list has improved and injuries will be minimal so that we do not need to play him. That said his influence and leadership within the VFL team is invaluable. He his far from the worst player on our list, he has vast experience and his endeavour / loyalty cannot be questioned.
[/quote]

i love that you think the people that count on this question are Nicks posters. that is hysterical (and is exactly what is wrong with collingwood supporters - and yes i am one and guilty of it). If we say things often enough, loudly enough, and enough of us idiots agree with us, we start to believe its a fact!!!

The many, many people i was referring to was in fact the Collingwood football club who chose, afterall, to extend his very reasonable contract by a year in the later stage of the season because he was more than good enough to deserve one more year on the list with a modest contract that reflects the fact that he is there as a back-up and to keep the young guys honest and deserving of a game.

if you ask enough Trump supporters how Trump is doing, i assure they will say he is doing a fantastic job. better than anyone has ever done before!

inxs88 

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 3:19 pm

E wrote:
Member 7167 wrote:
inxs88 wrote:
E wrote:
inxs88 wrote:
E wrote:
[quote="inxs88"
E"

?

Gee, attaching yourself to the vocal minority. Put up a poll E and ask the question: "should Jarryd Blair be retained on the Pies 2018 Primary list"? I dare you E.I am one of those who believe that Blair is worth of a modest extension. Hopefully the list has improved and injuries will be minimal so that we do not need to play him. That said his influence and leadership within the VFL team is invaluable. He his far from the worst player on our list, he has vast experience and his endeavour / loyalty cannot be questioned.

i love that you think the people that count on this question are Nicks posters. that is hysterical (and is exactly what is wrong with collingwood supporters - and yes i am one and guilty of it). If we say things often enough, loudly enough, and enough of us idiots agree with us, we start to believe its a fact!!!

The many, many people i was referring to was in fact the Collingwood football club who chose, afterall, to extend his very reasonable contract by a year in the later stage of the season because he was more than good enough to deserve one more year on the list with a modest contract that reflects the fact that he is there as a back-up and to keep the young guys honest and deserving of a game.

if you ask enough Trump supporters how Trump is doing, i assure they will say he is doing a fantastic job. better than anyone has ever done before![/quote]

If you had your way E, this would be your perpetual 2018 team in motion:

B: Doug Gott Jim McAllester Ron Andrews
HB: John Dellamarta Neil Peart Terry Domburg
C: Jon Annear Mark McGough Chris Egan
HF: Stephen Patterson Glenn McLean Shane Woewodin
F: Bill Valli Brent Hall Ben Kinnear
F: Stuart Aitken Warwick Irwin Gary Shaw
ICH: Richard Cole, Carl Steinfort, Ryan Cook, Jon Hassell

In the words of Talking Heads: "on a road to nowhere"

inxs88 

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 3:49 pm

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2017/11/01/the-seven-luckiest-players-in-the-afl/

Rest my case "E"

thesoretoothsayer 

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 4:15 pm

inxs88 wrote:
https://www.sen.com.au/news/2017/11/01/the-seven-luckiest-players-in-the-afl/

Rest my case "E"

Hah, inxs88, two can play at that game.

http://jarrydblairfansite.blogspot.com.au/ Very Happy
E 

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 4:13 am

inxs88 wrote:
E wrote:
Member 7167 wrote:
inxs88 wrote:
E wrote:
inxs88 wrote:
E wrote:
[quote="inxs88"
E"

?

if you ask enough Trump supporters how Trump is doing, i assure they will say he is doing a fantastic job. better than anyone has ever done before!

Nope. This is my round one team:

Langson Dunn Howe
Maynard Goldsack Scharenberg
Sidey Treloar WHE
DeGoey Moore Wells
Faz Reid Elliot

Grundy Adams Pendles

Greenwood Crisp Varcoe [Cox/next cab]

Next cabs off the rank: Phillips, Aish,

Capable back-ups: Blair, Broomhead, Thomas

Kids come on when ready AND when they are bursting down the doors: Murray, Daicos, Brown, Kirby, Sier, McLarty, Wills [plus all the kids we draft this year].

Waiting to be Delisted: Smith, Crocker, Mayne

Oh look at that!! Blair is our 25th man!!!! In looking at who is in that part of the list, is Blair really worthy of being treated any differently than Broomhead or Thomas???? And what are the chances that all of Dunn, Wells and Varcoe are good to go in round 1???? we might need that 25th man for some games this season (and arent we lucky that we can call on a professional guy who we know will prepare himself and bring total commitment whenever he is called upon!

The real debate that i struggle with is whether Cox is worth a spot on the team in a meaningful game when Moore has proven to be such a terrific and capable back-up to Grundy.

I love that you share an SEN article (SEN gets a lot of its Collingwood material from Nicks) as irrefutable proof of your point. What a Joke!

MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 9:03 am

You have just chucked Cox out of the winning team that beat a Melbourne team fighting for survival in the final eight in the last home and away. The object of choosing a 22 side is to win games of football, not to lose games of football (stating the obvious here).
Moore didn't even play ruck in TAC. Why do you want to play him ruck in 2018 when Buckley has stated that he wants to play him in the back half? Do you hate Cox so much that you are looking for any reason to get him out of the team?
As stated with Mayne, if we delist him, we are stuck having to pay his $400K salary a year for the next three years. Are you proposing we tear up his contract and fight it out in the courts?
inxs88 

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 1:36 pm

E wrote:
inxs88 wrote:
E wrote:
Member 7167 wrote:
inxs88 wrote:
E wrote:
inxs88 wrote:
E wrote:
[quote="inxs88"
E"

?

Langson Dunn Howe
Sidey Treloar WHE
DeGoey Moore Wells
Faz Reid Elliot

Grundy Adams Pendles

Kids come on when ready AND when they are bursting down the doors: Murray, Daicos, Brown, Kirby, Sier, McLarty, Wills [plus all the kids we draft this year].

Oh look at that!! Blair is our 25th man!!!! In looking at who is in that part of the list, is Blair really worthy of being treated any differently than Broomhead or Thomas???? And what are the chances that all of Dunn, Wells and Varcoe are good to go in round 1???? we might need that 25th man for some games this season (and arent we lucky that we can call on a professional guy who we know will prepare himself and bring total commitment whenever he is called upon!

The real debate that i struggle with is whether Cox is worth a spot on the team in a meaningful game when Moore has proven to be such a terrific and capable back-up to Grundy.

I love that you share an SEN article (SEN gets a lot of its Collingwood material from Nicks) as irrefutable proof of your point. What a Joke!

Okay so you disgrace SEN's bona fides, well how about "footy wire" which are an emotionless and clinical set of numbers:

https://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/pc-collingwood-magpies--jarryd-blair

An illustration of the principle of "law of diminishing returns" if there ever was one! Albeit I am sure you'll rationalize these facts too E

E 

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 2:50 pm

inxs88 wrote:
E wrote:
inxs88 wrote:
E wrote:
Member 7167 wrote:
inxs88 wrote:
E wrote:
inxs88 wrote:
E wrote:
[quote="inxs88"
E"

?

Langson Dunn Howe
Sidey Treloar WHE
DeGoey Moore Wells
Faz Reid Elliot

Grundy Adams Pendles

Okay so you disgrace SEN's bona fides, well how about "footy wire" which are an emotionless and clinical set of numbers:

An illustration of the principle of "law of diminishing returns" if there ever was one! Albeit I am sure you'll rationalize these facts too E

the absolute irony of this pointless debate is that you agree with me completely.

Jarryd Blair is worth a modest contract in 2018 and is a very solid back up to keep on the list to ensure depth and injury coverage and that he is a professional and hardworking player

AND

we agree that Jarryd Blair is no longer in our best 22.

why cant you let this one go INXS88

inxs88 

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 3:28 pm

E wrote:
inxs88 wrote:
E wrote:
inxs88 wrote:
E wrote:
Member 7167 wrote:
inxs88 wrote:
E wrote:
inxs88 wrote:
E wrote:
[quote="inxs88"
E"

?

Langson Dunn Howe
Sidey Treloar WHE
DeGoey Moore Wells
Faz Reid Elliot

Grundy Adams Pendles

the absolute irony of this pointless debate is that you agree with me completely.

Jarryd Blair is worth a modest contract in 2018 and is a very solid back up to keep on the list to ensure depth and injury coverage and that he is a professional and hardworking player

AND

we agree that Jarryd Blair is no longer in our best 22.

why cant you let this one go INXS88

Yep great rationalization E. I'll succinct it again for the 15th time:

"Thanks for your service Jarryd however time has come, not good enough anymore for any AFL primary list spot, can't play, ineffective, blood youth, prefer Crameri, time to move on from 2010/2011"

Last edited by inxs88 on Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Collingwood Crackerjack 

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 6:50 pm

E wrote:
Member 7167 wrote:
inxs88 wrote:
E wrote:
inxs88 wrote:
E wrote:
[quote="inxs88"
E"

?

if you ask enough Trump supporters how Trump is doing, i assure they will say he is doing a fantastic job. better than anyone has ever done before![/quote]

I hardly think Collingwood supporters have a mortgage on that particular characteristic!

I think with Blair, there are 2 distinct issues; one, should he have been resigned?

And two, and for mine more importantly, why did the cub keep it so quiet? They should stand loud and proud by their decision, whats with the cloak n dagger?

© Collingwood Crackerjack, 1992
inxs88 

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 8:24 pm

Collingwood Crackerjack wrote:
E wrote:
Member 7167 wrote:
inxs88 wrote:
E wrote:
inxs88 wrote:
E wrote:
[quote="inxs88"
E"

?

I hardly think Collingwood supporters have a mortgage on that particular characteristic!

I think with Blair, there are 2 distinct issues; one, should he have been resigned?

And two, and for mine more importantly, why did the cub keep it so quiet? They should stand loud and proud by their decision, whats with the cloak n dagger?
[/quote]

Good calls. The tenet of my OP. In a world where there is a big media announcement for Luke Hodge taking over "Ryan Harwood's" number 2 Guernsey, you would think if he has been extended, hit triggers etc.. it may have been worth a line on the website at the very least.

K 

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 8:40 pm

inxs88 wrote:

Good calls. The tenet of my OP. In a world where there is a big media announcement for Luke Hodge taking over "Ryan Harwood's" number 2 Guernsey, you would think if he has been extended, hit triggers etc.. it may have been worth a line on the website at the very least.

I strongly disagree with this in general. It's important that proper processes take place for every football decision. It's not important that these decisions be trumpeted to the world. The problem in recent times seems to have been the opposite: highly unprofessional ways of making decisions and then too much media coverage or outright leaks of sensitive info from unknown sources within the club.

The media is actually interested in Hodge, and his new club needs to sell hope to their supporters. If indeed it was a clause being triggered to give Blair an extra year, that's hardly a situation that has been deemed worthy of fanfare in other cases (except for injury-curbed former stars on huge salaries).

If our club is able to do anything major without anyone outside knowing, it'll actually be a pleasant surprise to me.
inxs88 

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 8:44 pm

K wrote:
inxs88 wrote:

I strongly disagree with this in general. It's important that proper processes take place for every football decision. It's not important that these decisions be trumpeted to the world. The problem in recent times seems to have been the opposite: highly unprofessional ways of making decisions and then too much media coverage or outright leaks of sensitive info from unknown sources within the club.

The media is actually interested in Hodge, and his new club needs to sell hope to their supporters. If indeed it was a clause being triggered to give Blair an extra year, that's hardly a situation that has been deemed worthy of fanfare in other cases (except for injury-curbed former stars on huge salaries).

If our club is able to do anything major without anyone outside knowing, it'll actually be a pleasant surprise to me.

In 2017 where fan engagement is of a premium, one would think it's a standard not a goal to inform fans as to whom is officially contracted on their player roster for the upcoming season. We see things differently.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 6 of 9   

Jump to: