Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Article 11: Has Blair been re-signed or not?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
masoncox 

masoncox

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 12:31 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

WhyPhilWhy? wrote:
I'm calling it - with Bucks signed, the future of Jarryd Blair is now the most boring subject matter on Nick's.

That is not boring.. watching Blair play is boring to the nth degree.
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 3:56 pm

I'm not going to buy into the Blair cheap shots but what I would ask, is the following -
Can anyone possibly give me a SENSIBLE reason why Buckley, whose coaching career is on the line, would choose not to play his best possible 22 that are available to him ?
We can all say what we like. We can all convince ourselves that we know more about footy than the footy dept but the fact remains, Blair has been picked because he was considered part of the best 22 who were available at the time.
You all wanted Kirby to debut and how did that go when he finally got his " long overdue " chance.

I don't expect Blair to play much senior footy in 2018 but whether he does or doesn't, I won't be kidding myself that I know more than the 1000 games of AFL experience that our coaching panel has collectively put together.
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 4:05 pm

Pies2016 wrote:
I'm not going to buy into the Blair cheap shots but what I would ask, is the following -
Can anyone possibly give me a SENSIBLE reason why Buckley, whose coaching career is on the line, would choose not to play his best possible 22 that are available to him ?
We can all say what we like. We can all convince ourselves that we know more about footy than the footy dept but the fact remains, Blair has been picked because he was considered part of the best 22 who were available at the time.
You all wanted Kirby to debut and how did that go when he finally got his " long overdue " chance.

I don't expect Blair to play much senior footy in 2018 but whether he does or doesn't, I won't be kidding myself that I know more than the 1000 games of AFL experience that our coaching panel has collectively put together.

I concede that 99% of the time Buckley knows more than me about football. The other 1% relates to his preference to play Blair in the team.
jatsad 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 4:10 pm

Pies2016 wrote:

These are hardly cheap shots at Blair. They are considered and question his output over the games he has played. He was repeatedly dropped this year for poor form and in some cases was restored to AFL duties with similar poor form. He does not impact the scoreboard, does not make good decisions when he does get the ball and his pressure, which everyone assumes is the reason he is being selected, is way below acceptable.

This is nothing personal against Blair, just views based on cold, hard facts.

Having a go at Kirby after 1 game is a very poor reference point as well.

The game has passed Blair by and the sooner the young guys are preferred, the better the team will be.

In not only mine but most Nickster's opinion, he would make an outstanding VFL captain who could help mentor the young recruits. This may be his best option to impact at Collingwood in the future.

Piethagoras' Theorem Taurus

the hypotenuse, is always a cakewalk

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 5:41 pm

Yeah, he has, haven't you checked ARTICLE 15??
Mossi Leo

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 5:48 pm

jatsad wrote:
Pies2016 wrote:

Having a go at Kirby after 1 game is a very poor reference point as well.

A bit off the topic but I thought Kirby did well in his first game, nerves, preperation and all. Before he ran out puff he laid 5 tackles hows that for forward pressure.
Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 7:32 pm

Agree that Kirby showed plenty of the attributes required of AFL small forwards now: Pressure, pressure, pressure. And he did this while still at substandard fitness levels.
I agree with all those who have stated that the selection of Blair on many occasions during this season was difficult to understand, and that one would think that in 2018 we would prioritise getting games into Kirby, Daicos, Brown rather than turning to Blair as a kind of safety measure (you know what you're going to get, while with the young guys, you don't know).
neil Sagittarius

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 8:49 pm

wow another Blair thread
Doent it get boring posting the same shit week after week?

K 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:57 pm

WhyPhilWhy? wrote:
I'm calling it - with Bucks signed, the future of Jarryd Blair is now the most boring subject matter on Nick's.

neil wrote:
wow another Blair thread
Doent it get boring posting the same shit week after week?

I'm actually hopeful that this thread finally provides an outlet for those who want to post for or against Blair, as often as they want. Far better than having this subject continue to take over threads about e.g. ruckmen, ...
ad4eva Pisces

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 10:01 pm

The reality of Blair is the reflection of our depth development.

Dont hate the player, hate the game. Our depth has been sub standard, not ready or injured which continually leaves the door ajar for Blair to be selected.

There are deeper issues to solve before worrying about whether or not Blair has a one year extension or not.
CoastPie Sagittarius

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 12:23 am

contract was a 1+1 ends 2018
Go to 19:00 of the video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8g-p3C37erA
inxs88 

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 12:34 am

E wrote:
inxs88 wrote:
Wow! The vitriol, going the poster, the acceptance of mediocrity is palpable. Who would you rather (as you call it) as our best 25th player next year:

J Daicos
K Kirby
C Brown
J Aish

Or delisted free agents:

T McKenzie
L Hansen
M Close
S Collins
B Hartung
M White
B Lennon
M Talia

All of whom above surely provide more impact than Blair. We are a club that needs to be honest with itself and the perseverance of Blair is effectively an exercise in dishonest list management.

Given what we gave up to get Aish and the coin he is on, Aish had better bloody well be in the best 22 next year!!!

As for the other 3, Kirby, Daicos and Brown, i have them in the 30-40 part of our list (i.e., the 10 or so young players we hope one day soon to be in our best 22). If you want to win games (which in 2018 is going to be the main goal of our club - i hope), playing Kirby or Daicos ahead of Blair on exposed form is folly!! When they are ready (and prove they are better than Blair in the first instance and then members of the best 22 in the second instance) they will all get games ahead of Blair. Until then, give me more Blair! It worked in 2010 - players weren't gifted spots - they had to prove they were good enough to replace O'Bree, Lockyer and Fraser! ironically, Blair was one of the guys who proved he was better than Lockyer and O'Bree and he helped take a top 4 team over the top!

This is AFL football man, not little league. It is not a participation sport. Only the best deserve games. The 22 blokes best able to win me games are the 22 i want on the field.

There is no one on the reject list you have provided that i would play as my high defensive pressure forward ahead of Blair.

First of all I'm not your "man" and secondly you have argued yourself indirectly into agreeing with me. How?? Well you're correct in the assertion that Blair in 2010 kept blokes whom were cooked such as O'Bree, Lockyer and Medhurst out of our Premiership winning side after only playing 8 games.
Blair in 2018 is NOW Lockyer, O'Bree and Medhurst. Cooked cooked cooked. Averaged 2.5 kicks/game this year and is the embodiment of football irrelevancy!

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:21 am

Firstly he didn’t call you his man - I read it twice just in case, he just said man. Secondly, if and when Blair isn’t best 22; no matter how sad or incorrect some of the posters here think that is, he won’t get a game. Right now he adds sheer determination and courage and leads by example. You can have a team of show ponies but you still need guidance until they gel as a team.

Towards the end of the season even I saw some games where I thought he was cooked, but then Again half the team looked cooked. Clearly the experienced more knowledgeable minds in the club can find enough reasons to keep him another year. In the scheme of things I’m guessing he doesn’t cost much. He’s provides some depth, experience and never give up attitude, something young teams need.

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:44 am

And, in any event, Blair is just a distraction - there's a reason we have pick 5 and Blair alone isn't it.
Boogie Knights 

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:09 am

^^^^ or pick 6

^^^^ TP - and those suggesting Blair should not be on the list, but would make a great VFL captain, would do so for all the same qualities as listed. It is because of these qualities that he continues to get games.

Can't slice it both ways - he either is on the list because of his leadership, determination, commitment and example, or he's not on the list and skipper in the VFL because of his leadership, determination, commitment and example.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 2 of 9   

Jump to: