Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

The Prince of Point Pipers (Malcolm Turnbull's) woes

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 6:22 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

watt price tully wrote:
Just heard an excellent speech by Shorten in Parliament. Clear, decisive & landed on the floundering Prince of Point Piper.

Amongst other things he said that:

Members of the government deep down know that Malcolm Turnbull is a bad decison maker (Godwin Grech anyone)

That 36 hours ago Turnbull would have boasted to his party room: "we've got this one in the bag" - (thinking they've nailed Shorten)

That when Turbull knifed the mad Monk even he (Shorten)n thought he'd have his work cut out, but waht a disaappoinment to most of the Australian people has Turnbull turned out to be: Instead of fopcussing on governing with respect to a range of isues he's too caught up with his political opponents.

Made reference to the politicization of the ROC , involving the AFP etc.

made reference that ordinary Australians can't get through to Centrlink etc be it aged pensioners and other welfare recipients but they can organize calls to the Media, the police etc and can send over debt collectors acting on behalf Centrelink...

It was a fine speech.

Turnbull the emperor has no clothes.

Abbott the wrecker wil be smiling but he's no chance of becoming PM again - The Libs aren't that stupid.

Lil Bill seems to be doing a great job, according to you, but he's as popular as a roast pork at a bar mitsvah with the electorate. Turnbull still clearly leads as preferred PM. With Union membership below 35% of the workforce (and most of that is public sector), only 31% of the population want a union stooge as PM it seems. Wink

Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 7:34 pm

Shorten the corrupt, self serving, power hungry union boss and Tanya Plibersook with her heroin dealer husband riding the Labor jobs for mates gravy train vs Moderate Malcolm and his evil pet witch.

At this stage I'd take Bernardi, Hanson or Team X over the pack of wankers on offer.
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 7:41 pm

Bernadi is the leader of the Wanker party.

Hanson deputy leader.

What are you on about.

Mugwump 

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 9:38 pm

Wokko wrote:
Shorten the corrupt, self serving, power hungry union boss and Tanya Plibersook with her heroin dealer husband riding the Labor jobs for mates gravy train vs Moderate Malcolm and his evil pet witch.

At this stage I'd take Bernardi, Hanson or Team X over the pack of wankers on offer.

Bernardi, Hansen, Turnbull, Shorten, Plibersek .... What a set of choices. The typhus cafe or the cholera diner.

Wokko, I dislike Pliberseks politics as much as you do, but I think it is wrong to smear Plibersek or her husband with his conviction for drug offenses thirty years ago, ten years before she married him, given that he has a clean record since. He deserves great credit for his rehabilitation.

The most interesting thing about Tanyas husbands story is what he was told when he applied for a job as press secretary to the NSW Labour treasurer : I do not like the fact that you have a hyphenated name or that you were educated by Jesuits. There you have the poverty of modern Labour expressed in a sentence. A nine year sentence for heroin dealing is apparently a peccadillo - the only objection being that it might get into the press. On the other hand, Egans real internal reservations were that he had a hyphenated name and had been Catholic educated. Unlike a nine year prison sentence for dealing in death and misery, those are apparently grounds for discrimination in employment. If you want an example of just how morally stinking the Labour Party is, there can be few better.

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:13 pm

swoop42 wrote:
Bernadi is the leader of the Wanker party.

Hanson deputy leader.

What are you on about.

Along with the folk from the Sirius Cybernetics Corporation, theyll be first against the wall when the revolution comes.
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 12:55 am

Wokko wrote:

Of course you would. It fits.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 12:58 am

Mugwump wrote:
Wokko wrote:

Bernardi, Hansen, Turnbull, Shorten, Plibersek .... What a set of choices. The typhus cafe or the cholera diner.

Wokko, I dislike Pliberseks politics as much as you do, but I think it is wrong to smear Plibersek or her husband with his conviction for drug offenses thirty years ago, ten years before she married him, given that he has a clean record since. He deserves great credit for his rehabilitation.

You were doing so well up to then too and for that you deserve credit.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 1:04 am

stui magpie wrote:
watt price tully wrote:
Just heard an excellent speech by Shorten in Parliament. Clear, decisive & landed on the floundering Prince of Point Piper.

Amongst other things he said that:

Members of the government deep down know that Malcolm Turnbull is a bad decison maker (Godwin Grech anyone)

That 36 hours ago Turnbull would have boasted to his party room: "we've got this one in the bag" - (thinking they've nailed Shorten)

That when Turbull knifed the mad Monk even he (Shorten)n thought he'd have his work cut out, but waht a disaappoinment to most of the Australian people has Turnbull turned out to be: Instead of fopcussing on governing with respect to a range of isues he's too caught up with his political opponents.

Made reference to the politicization of the ROC , involving the AFP etc.

made reference that ordinary Australians can't get through to Centrlink etc be it aged pensioners and other welfare recipients but they can organize calls to the Media, the police etc and can send over debt collectors acting on behalf Centrelink...

It was a fine speech.

Turnbull the emperor has no clothes.

Abbott the wrecker wil be smiling but he's no chance of becoming PM again - The Libs aren't that stupid.

Lil Bill seems to be doing a great job, according to you, but he's as popular as a roast pork at a bar mitsvah with the electorate. Turnbull still clearly leads as preferred PM. With Union membership below 35% of the workforce (and most of that is public sector), only 31% of the population want a union stooge as PM it seems. Wink

Now now Stui don't attribute things to me I haven't stated. However, it was a tremendous speech even for Shorten. His odds of winning the next election also seem to have shortened which unfortuantely seems to far away.

Mugwump 

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 8:31 am

watt price tully wrote:
Mugwump wrote:
Wokko wrote:

You were doing so well up to then too and for that you deserve credit.

Fine, but if you cast aside the ironclad certainties of received opinion and partisan comfort, does what Egan said not strike you as utterly bizarre ? Does it not expose to you a hypocritical, naked power ethos underlying all of the emollient rhetoric of justice and equality ?

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 3:31 pm

Do you have a source, Mugwump? Its not that Id put any level of bastardry beyond the creeps in NSW Labor, but I have no idea whether its a true story, a joke he told at an event, a press gallery rumour, something you heard from a friend of a friend, or what.
Mugwump 

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 6:17 pm

It was quoted in the SMH article Feb 12 2015, headline Tanya Plibersek on her brothers death and husbands drug addiction.

Quote : Egan tells me that the selection committee thought he was the standout candidate but that there was this problem. Egan had other objections. "I don't like the fact you have a hyphenated name or been educated by the Jesuits," he tells me he said to Coutts-Trotter. "And if I give you the job, your background will come out."

In fairness, Egan apparently did give him the job, in the end. But the comment is an interesting snapshot of the values self-reported by a modern senior politician of the Left. It could have been meant wryly perhaps, it it does not come across that way, and of course even things couched as humour have a meaning. The use of humour as camouflage for modern propaganda is actually a topic in itself.

More generally on the OP, the Cash saga is the kind of petty, partisan, bickering barracking drama which becomes so important when a government, and a PM, have no real values other than staying in office. Still, as John Silvesters column in the Age today said, we now have a community without many serious values either, so perhaps that is to be expected. Though Corey Bernardi does not understand what conservatism is (he thinks it is libertarianism, which is to conservatism as Trotskyism is to Old Labour) he is right in one respect - a true conservative party is sorely needed.

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 4:02 pm

Here's the relevant article that Mugwump mentions.

http://www.smh.com.au/federal-politics/political-news/tanya-plibersek-on-her-brothers-death-and-husbands-drug-addiction-20150212-13cqrh.html

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 8:29 pm

I remind people that this thread is about the Prince of Pott's Point and his woes which ha been great theatre, indeed comedy farce this last week & more.
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 9:09 pm

The only bad thing about him going at this stage, I feel like hes pretty much lost all credibility and I wouldnt really care if he was sacked or not is when you start to think about who replaces him. If he lasts until the election and then subsequently gets subbed out for Peter Dutton after a humiliating election loss, that might be a blessing Dutton could do a Brendan Nelson, enjoy a spectacularly unsuccessful half-term as opposition leader and then hopefully never be heard from again. What I really hope is that the Liberals can find someone relatively forward-thinking, who buys all the neoliberal economics and some traditional values (thats a given) but nonetheless follows some humanist principles and isnt a total troglodyte on social matters or compulsive panderer to the far-right, as Turnbull has proven to be. There can be a place for a decent conservative or centre-right party in the political spectrum. Im just not sure if or when that will ever happen here.
Mugwump 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 12:45 am

^ depends on your definition of a troglodyte, I guess. Id say that a coarse society with little real interpersonal respect, high crime, cyber bullying, sexting, widespread dependence on mid-altering drugs and a growing subservience to a corrupt dictatorship in China is rather more troglodytic than having dated attitudes to sexuality and religion. Funny, what you get used to.

Anyway, given WPTs desire to keep this thread devoted to the yah-boo-sux we call politics (like footy but without the fun bits), I think Turnbull is probably done for, but if he can survive to the next election, I wonder whether Australians will really want a union boss running the country. While Turnbull clearly stands for nothing other than a kind of soft loyalty to the wealthy and a few progressive attitudes, at least he doesnt seem like a machine politician, and he may yet be able to turn that into votes against Shorten, the shifty little sectionalist.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6   

Jump to: