Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Who do you want to be drafted with our pick 6?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20, 21  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
K 

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 11:59 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

BucksIsFutureCoach wrote:
K wrote:
^^^
Cals says clubs have been questioning the AFL legal guys about Stephenson's heart problem. Are they worried they'll be responsible if he collapses?

And there I was just worrying about his dandruff...

I'm assuming what Stephenson has is an enlarged heart which is what a few elite sports people have. The problem is the heart is so efficient that it can just stop, hence the worry that he might collapse on the field, in which case he can be brought round again. I had a friend who was an elite sportsman who collapsed one day while I was talking to him at work. He was ok when he revived and the problem went away after he gained weight. Stephenson is pure speed who breaks lines. I don't think it should stop us recruiting him if that's who the brains trust at Collingwood want to recruit.

What sport did your friend play?

An interesting case in the NBA was Cuttino Mobley. It was thought he had an enlarged heart, and his teams made him sign a waiver acknowledging it and waiving their liability. But when he was traded to the Knicks, it was found he had hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, after the Knicks doctor ordered an MRI. He then chose to retire. The Knicks were reportedly suspicious his heart condition was more serious even before this, but they allowed the trade to go ahead because it was part of a salary-cap space dumping.

I'm guessing at the AFL draft Combine they gave every player an ECG test.
MJ23 

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 12:44 pm

Its looking like one of either Cerra, Fogarty or Brayshaw could be available at 6.
Stephenson and Naughton will be.

If Cerra is there you cant go past him, Brayshaw almost the same.
If both are gone then Fogarty / Naughton has to be available as Rayner, Dow and LDU will be gone.

Id go Fogarty ahead of Naughton as the better player.
Naughton if the club views a "needs" player is more urgent although you could argue Fogarty fills a needs type for us as well.

Gotta say Id be happy with any of these players. Im really hoping Balta slips to our second pick although I doubt he will.

neil Sagittarius

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 4:42 pm

Depends on who is still there at 6
Naughton is a need KPD
The idea of building a team around Lynch who is not on our list seems insane
Naughton ticks most boxes
Of course if one of LDU Dow Raynor Cerra is still available must go for them

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 5:27 pm

All I know about Naughton and Fogarty are their highlight reels. From that, either player would be a good fit for us. Naughton is a beautiful intercept marking defender, though to be fair, we are already well serviced in that regard by Howe, Langdon, Scharenberg and (but for how much longer) Reid.

I lean towards Fogarty because he seems (from his highlights reel) able to play at either end of the ground as well as possibly as a Bontempelli type big midfielder. They can both play as KPPs, but Fogarty seems more adaptable to changing needs, which gets a big tick from me. Besides, he seems to be an absolute beast, which I kind of like. Cool
E 

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 6:06 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
All I know about Naughton and Fogarty are their highlight reels. From that, either player would be a good fit for us. Naughton is a beautiful intercept marking defender, though to be fair, we are already well serviced in that regard by Howe, Langdon, Scharenberg and (but for how much longer) Reid.

I lean towards Fogarty because he seems (from his highlights reel) able to play at either end of the ground as well as possibly as a Bontempelli type big midfielder. They can both play as KPPs, but Fogarty seems more adaptable to changing needs, which gets a big tick from me. Besides, he seems to be an absolute beast, which I kind of like. Cool

problem is that North is taking him with pick 4.

themonk 

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 6:15 pm

E wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:

In regards to North, is Brayshaw family?
themonk 

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 6:15 pm

E wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 6:17 pm

Who or what is that either player would be a good fit for us?
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 6:21 pm

MJ23 wrote:
Its looking like one of either Cerra, Fogarty or Brayshaw could be available at 6.
Stephenson and Naughton will be.

If Cerra is there you cant go past him, Brayshaw almost the same.
If both are gone then Fogarty / Naughton has to be available as Rayner, Dow and LDU will be gone.

Id go Fogarty ahead of Naughton as the better player.
Naughton if the club views a "needs" player is more urgent although you could argue Fogarty fills a needs type for us as well.

Gotta say Id be happy with any of these players. Im really hoping Balta slips to our second pick although I doubt he will.

Gee, you've stolen my comments. Those are exactly the same thoughts I have. I'm hoping Balta drops to pick 38. As for who we pick up at pick 6 it comes down to who is available at our pick. If it is Naughton, Fogarty, Cerra or Brayshaw, we can't go wrong.
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 6:39 pm

themonk wrote:
E wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:

The Brayshaw boys, Andrew, Hamish (both up for draft this year) and Angus (playing at melbourne) are the sons of James Brayshaw's brother, mark.

mark played for North 89-92 and is currently on their board I believe.

Adam Treloar 3 Votes 

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 8:47 pm

Some interesting comments from Derek Hine on our draft strategy on the CFC website. Seems our first pick will be based on talent/ability rather than team needs and is likely to be a midfielder/utility. If that is true we won’t be taking Naughton at 6.
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 8:57 pm

Adam Treloar 3 Votes wrote:
Some interesting comments from Derek Hine on our draft strategy on the CFC website. Seems our first pick will be based on talent/ability rather than team needs and is likely to be a midfielder/utility. If that is true we won’t be taking Naughton at 6.

As much as I would love a KPP of the quality of Naughton, if someone like Cerra fell our way at pick 6, I wouldn't hesitate to choose him instead. Even Stephenson at our pick 6 is very tempting depending on his medical report which I believe Collingwood is still analysing.
K 

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 9:11 pm

^^^
Who would have guessed that someone's medical prognosis would be more intriguing and pivotal than Bonar's?
Fatui Attata 

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 9:27 pm

With things being so even in top 10, the one player that adds something really different to the player types we already have is Fogarty. De Goey is the closest type to Fogarty, and I wouldn't knock back another De Goey...especially one who seems to have a better kick than JDG on both sides. Fogarty could be the forward that we hoped JDG would be. Jordy will spend more time on the ball I'd say.

Bad luck aside, we can't go wrong with pick 6.

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 11:38 pm

Going by just about every Draft Expert. That we be taking Fogarty at 6
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20, 21  Next
Page 19 of 21   

Jump to: