Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Who do you want to be drafted with our pick 6?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
K 

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:57 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

watt price tully wrote:
K wrote:
/\/\/\
Re. Bonar, yes... well, as others have mentioned, a tear of the ACL and then a tear of the graft. The most confirmed details I've read about his case were in the article linked a couple of pages back in this thread.
A physio Pies supporter on bigfooty said he was "scared" and that talk of the graft not taking sounds "odd".

I'm curious to know any other medicos' guesses on what that means for Bonar's future, but it sounds like an ongoing concern.

I'm an aromatherapist. Trust me the knee is fine.

Welcome back, WPT. It seemed like you'd abandoned the thread you started.
But now you're just confusing me...

FWIW, Bucky's revised ranking now has Bonar in the top 30 (his last one didn't), at number 21. Other arguable rankings: Naughton (17), Brayshaw (18 ). Bucky's top few: Rayner, LDU, Cerra, Dow, Fogarty, Hayes, Coffield, Stephenson.
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 1:03 pm

^^^

I don't have a problem with Naughton being at 17 on his " list " simply because if youre a team with an already strong spine, you wouldn't pick Naughton ahead of other mid types at six.
As for Brayshaw, not sure where that pick came from. It won't happen ... unless he is talking about his brother, Hamish ( and that won't happen either )

Brander is another interesting one. Nathan Murphy took him to the cleaners in an APS game early in the season and his stocks have plummeted ever since ( he recovered with a very good U18 championship series though )

I have just read that Fox are going heavy on the data at the live telecast on Friday. Some of the differences in ranking points compared to their selection order will be extreme.
Data is great but it won't help you with a prospects character, work ethic, being a dickhead on social media etc.
That's the stuff that all us " arm chair experts " just don't know enough about.
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 2:14 pm

Hamish will be lucky to be picked up at all (maybe a rookie post), whereas Andrew will surely go top three after Rayner (1) and Cerra (2) I imagine.
Albert Parker 

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 4:04 pm

Why wouldn't Freo take a mid at 2 and Naughton at 5 given

- they don't have great depth of KPP's

- there is really only 1 WA boy being touted as a top 10 pick. Freo may as well reduce their flight risk?

I think therefore that we do end up taking a mid-type, but maybe one with a bit of flexibility to play out much of his career elsewhere too - Fogarty, Coffield, Stephenson

Boogie Knights 

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 4:46 pm

^^^^ Whilst I don't profess to know or care about the Dockers drafting strategy, I'm reasonably confident they will not pick Naughton at 5. Him being a WA boy notwithstanding, his public comments would tend to indicate he would be a very serious flight risk if they did select him.
MightyMagpie 

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 5:09 pm

If no bid comes for Brown before 38, we may be a chance to snare Harrison Petty at 38 given his recent injury. Knightmare is rating him to go 20-45 now.
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 5:55 pm

On needs this is how I rank who been Linked to us at Pick 6

Naughton
Richards
Stephenson
Bonar
Fogarty
Murphy

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 5:59 pm

What is on needs this is how he or she rank who been Linked to us at Pick 6 Naughton Richards Stephenson Bonar Fogarty Murphy like on needs this is how he or she rank who been Linked to us at Pick 6 Naughton Richards Stephenson Bonar Fogarty Murphy.
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:42 pm

MightyMagpie wrote:
If no bid comes for Brown before 38, we may be a chance to snare Harrison Petty at 38 given his recent injury. Knightmare is rating him to go 20-45 now.

Interesting player. Don't know much about the interstaters but he is a big boy who only moved into the defence this year and his game really took off.

Of the TAC kids who might be there at 38, I hope we are at least considering Toby Wooller ( chargers ) who beat Higgins in their B and F. Good size and a goal kicking forward.
James Worpel ( Falcons ) reminds me of Scott Burns. A little rough around the edges but a mid field beast.
Just depends on whether we need to take Brown and whether any of the above are still there. It's just a crap shoot but still a fun exercise.
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:15 pm

Cal Twomey's Mock Draft

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-11-22/callum-twomeys-2017-phantom-draft

K 

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 4:13 am

^^^
Cals says clubs have been questioning the AFL legal guys about Stephenson's heart problem. Are they worried they'll be responsible if he collapses?

And there I was just worrying about his dandruff...
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 8:33 am

K wrote:
^^^
Cals says clubs have been questioning the AFL legal guys about Stephenson's heart problem. Are they worried they'll be responsible if he collapses?

And there I was just worrying about his dandruff...

I'm assuming what Stephenson has is an enlarged heart which is what a few elite sports people have. The problem is the heart is so efficient that it can just stop, hence the worry that he might collapse on the field, in which case he can be brought round again. I had a friend who was an elite sportsman who collapsed one day while I was talking to him at work. He was ok when he revived and the problem went away after he gained weight. Stephenson is pure speed who breaks lines. I don't think it should stop us recruiting him if that's who the brains trust at Collingwood want to recruit.
GreekLunatic 

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 8:39 am

I reckon we will recruit fogarty . I hope we don't pull a name no one has heard of like we did with sier
Robbie 

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 9:59 am
Post subject: Not Knowing CollingwoodReply with quote

Big T wrote:
Knowing Collingwood we will select a bolter who is an honest hard working nuggety bag of crap.

Seeing you know so much about Collingwood, why don't you just shut the **** up so the rest of us can enjoy gaining our own knowledge. if you really want to help the Mighty Magpies, you could do us all a favour and never post another comment.

Albert Parker 

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 11:32 am

Adam Cerra would appear to be a solid choice. Was considered a Top 4 pick before Brayshaw made a late charge.

Very neat by either foot and directs traffic. Bit one paced, but has a nice side step and can get out of trouble given his neat skills either side.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next
Page 18 of 21   

Jump to: