Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Who do you want to be drafted with our pick 6?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 19, 20, 21  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
magpieazza 

magpieazza

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 6:27 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

I want a player with elite kicking skills.

No player is worth taking at a high pick that hacks the ball.

I dont care if we dont get a KPP because it looks unlikely there is one good enough at pick 6.

Everyone has defiencies but just dont let him be deficient in kicking.

ELITE KICKERS WANTED!!!

swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 6:34 pm

I see Knightmare over at bigfooty has elevated Balta to No.5 on his power rankings though does admit it's a somewhat speculative rating based on potential upside.

I'm wondering does he have similar traits to that of Charlie Curnow and if so should we be daring and "reach" for him at 6?

From the looks of the picture below he certainly has the same ripped physique of Curnow at a young age so either genetics have been kind and/or he works hard in the gym.

I'm warming to him again at 6 I must admit.

Noah+Balta+-nWW0h0qp4Ym.jpg

Piethagoras' Theorem Taurus

the hypotenuse, is always a cakewalk

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 7:39 pm

watt price tully wrote:
FrankieGoesToCollingwood wrote:
curious to know if people are basing their selections on highlight reels and / or other people's thoughts or have they actually watched these kids play a few games? fwiw, I personally have no idea who we should go with but would prefer a kpp over any other type.

Just from what other pundits have written based on their experience of watching juniors etc

eg: Snoopdog, Twomey, Knightmare, Balmer etc, and also the google searches re the players etc.

Also talking to a colleague at work who watches the Grammar school games & local games (he said a few years ago that Merrit of Esendon was by far one of the best of that draft well before he was selected), and other bits of info.

I aslo speak with my neigbour's aunt whose sister in law overheard while at the hairdressers some talk of who might be picked...

It's all a bit of fun in the end.

I still want Aiden Bonar despite him not being a KPP.

Shame we don't have a second round pick Wink

ha, all good mate, is there any better oil than from the hairdressers? Wink

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 7:42 pm

What do they say?
AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:38 pm

Balta seems a massive risk at 6. Athletic, but will he ever have the output required?

I just don't see a scenario where we take a KPP at 6. Doesn't fill our needs or list profile and most importantly, none of them look close to the best available player.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 8:58 am
Post subject: Re: Who do you want to be drafted with our pick 6?Reply with quote

swoop42 wrote:
watt price tully wrote:
One pick only (you might want to factor in likelihood)

I want Aiden Bonar

At your age you'll take a Bonar whenever you can find one.

P.S> I think he's a genuine smokey for us at pick 6.

No projection please. A lot to be said for (relatively) healthy living Wink

I really do hope they draft Bonar: That sort of explosiveness & such a strong build for a young player.

MagpiesTheGreat 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:00 am

Another Pendle please
jayaykay 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 11:56 am
Post subject: Re: Who do you want to be drafted with our pick 6?Reply with quote

swoop42 wrote:
watt price tully wrote:

I want Aiden Bonar

P.S> I think he's a genuine smokey for us at pick 6.

Well it would have to be Bonar, just so his name follows the trend of Cox, Dick, Ball, Wood, Johnson, Goldsack...and any others I've forgotten! :p

derkd 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 12:39 pm

Nick Coffield or Charlie Constable the latter would be a surprise at pick#6...bu i would not be unhappy...as he feels like a utility type (and couldn't we use that).

I just have this feeling about both, good size and look like they both could be ready made. I find it very strange their has not been more talk of either of these two. I would rather avoid getting a Naughton we don't need the go home factor.

AFL draft central rated them thus:

#5 Nicholas Coffield
General Defender/Outside Midfielder (Northern Knights/Vic Metro)
23/10/1999 | 190.8cm | 82.5kg
Previous ranking: #5

Scouting notes: Composed midfielder who is very good under pressure. Reminds me of Hugh McCluggage where he has plenty of time with ball in hand in the contest. Clean user on his right foot and his defensive efforts are strong where he floats around and wins the ball at ease. Has a burst of speed which he often will utilise in defensive 50 when playing the role of a general defender. Some think he will end up as an inside midfielder at the next level.

Last month: Coffield was by far the best Northern Knights player in their elimination final loss to the Oakleigh Chargers. His midfield work was super and he used his quick and clean hands to effectiveness. Coffield had 25 disposals, six clearances and three inside 50s in a performance that pushed his top 10 credentials. On Grand Final day in the NAB AFL Under 18 All Stars clash, Coffield rebounded the ball well on five occasions finishing with 15 disposals and five marks. At last weeks NAB AFL Draft Combine, he showed off his elite speed with a 2.91s 20m sprint. He was also impressive in the kicking test scoring 27.

#6 Charlie Constable
General Defender/Inside Midfielder (Sandringham Dragons/Vic Metro)
18/05/1999 | 191.0cm | 86.1kg
Previous ranking: #6

Scouting notes: Tall midfielder who can play on the inside and across either arches. He begun the year for the Dragons in the midfield, but moved to half back with the return of Hamish Brayshaw. Missed a large chunk of 2016 with an injury, but is over those concerns. A good team player who gets to the right positions around the ground. Not super quick, but has a footy brain and makes good decisions by foot rebounding out of defence. Likely to end up as a Patrick Cripps type of midfielder.

Last month: Constables centre clearance work in the TAC Cup elimination final was impressive, with four out of his six clearances coming in this fashion. Finishing the day with 23 disposals, four marks, four inside 50s and a goal Constable showed off his top 10 traits. A back/groin issue sidelined him in the preliminary final and there was plenty of doubt whether hed run out on Grand Final day, but the Dragons midfielder was able to push through pain and record 23 disposals & four clearances. A burst in the second quarter saw him boot two goals and he was one of the Dragons better players for the night. Injury kept him out of the NAB AFL Under 18 All Stars and NAB AFL Draft Combine.

Last edited by derkd on Wed Oct 25, 2017 10:20 am; edited 2 times in total
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 2:01 pm

AN_Inkling wrote:
Balta seems a massive risk at 6. Athletic, but will he ever have the output required?

I just don't see a scenario where we take a KPP at 6. Doesn't fill our needs or list profile and most importantly, none of them look close to the best available player.

If we do take a kpp then Naughton is the likely one from what I've read.

Some concern about his foot skills but does a lot of other things as a key defender well by all reports.

Has been exposed to senior football in the WAFL already.

It appears really open on who we'll take at pick 6 at present (at least to us outsiders) and a strong case could be made for half a dozen prospects.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:43 pm

swoop42 wrote:
watt price tully wrote:

I want Aiden Bonar

I don't know what you're talkin' about?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1jUxXMNnMJk

Piethagoras' Theorem Taurus

the hypotenuse, is always a cakewalk

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 8:16 pm

a really unfortunate surname. I don't want him just so I don't have to read the inevitable onslaught of sexual puns! Rolling Eyes Twisted Evil
BEAMER09 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 8:21 pm

a really unfortunate surname. I don't want him just so I don't have to read the inevitable onslaught of sexual puns! Rolling Eyes Twisted Evil

Ed would welcome him...

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:28 pm

Allegedly pronounced "Beau- Naar" Wink

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 12:07 am

RudeBoy wrote:
I just want the best player available.

This. I don't know any of the young prospects that are going to be drafted this year so I'm not going to pretend to know about them now.

I hope we adopt the approach of targeting the best available, rather than filling a specific need instead. If the best available player happens to fill an important need, then that's a bonus.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 19, 20, 21  Next
Page 4 of 21   

Jump to: