Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Who do you want to be drafted with our pick 6?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 19, 20, 21  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:49 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

RudeBoy wrote:
I was very pleased with Naughton's highlights, but having just seen Fogarty's, I've switched my preference to him. Fogarty is an absolute beast and can play at either end of the ground, and could even become a midfielder. At 192 cms and 95 ks, he's a powerful unit, but has bursting speed and is an absolute elite kick. He already has the physique to play round one. Fingers crossed we get him.

You're preaching to the converted, RB. I have long expressed my man crush on him repeatedly on this forum.
It's hard to be super quick at 192cm and 92kilos. He got away with it in juniors by taking on the tackler and running over them. He won't be doing that for a while in the AFL.
What I really like about him is his versatility. They reckon he doesn't let you down wherever he plays on the ground. He's also played SANFL and aquitted himself very well ( he generally played better in the SANFL than the SA U18s in 2017 )
Mick Ablett ( national talent manager ) raves about him both as a player and a ripping young man.
If the Pies are convinced they have the solution to his poor form in 2017, then I can only hope he's the one targeted. ( failing that, Naughton, Cerra, N Murphy or Brayshaw would suffice )
K 

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:32 am

Pies2016 wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:
I was very pleased with Naughton's highlights, but having just seen Fogarty's, I've switched my preference to him. ...

You're preaching to the converted, RB. I have long expressed my man crush on him repeatedly on this forum.
It's hard to be super quick at 192cm and 92kilos. He got away with it in juniors by taking on the tackler and running over them. He won't be doing that for a while in the AFL.
If the Pies are convinced they have the solution to his poor form in 2017, then I can only hope he's the one targeted. ( failing that, Naughton, Cerra, N Murphy or Brayshaw would suffice )

I'm curious to know exactly how slow he is. Given that he missed the Combine, we don't have his 20m time from that source. Certainly, expectations of pace depend on the size of the player. I've mentioned several times how surprised I am about Jack Watts's 20m time, but I guess that's one of the reasons he was the number 1 pick.

It's claimed, I don't know how reliably, that Cerra's time was even slower than that of Pendlebury, which didn't get under 3s (horribly slow for a mid in my books).
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:54 am

RudeBoy wrote:
I was very pleased with Naughton's highlights, but having just seen Fogarty's, I've switched my preference to him. Fogarty is an absolute beast and can play at either end of the ground, and could even become a midfielder. At 192 cms and 95 ks, he's a powerful unit, but has bursting speed and is an absolute elite kick. He already has the physique to play round one. Fingers crossed we get him.

Sounds bit like De Goey and Maynard accept a Tad Taller

K 

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:01 am

Dave The Man wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:

Surely a much better kick than either.
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:10 am

K wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:

Both are Good Kicks

E 

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:12 pm

Dave The Man wrote:
K wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:

Both are Good Kicks

both are ELITE kicks.

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:53 pm

Talk is going Around that we could pick Ed Richards at 6.

Has Eddie behind this

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:06 pm

Brett Anderson's Mock:

Quote:
6. Collingwood

Darcy FOGARTY
25-Sep-99 | 191.9cm | 94.5kg | Glenelg
The Magpies could go a number of ways with their first selection but opt for the talented South Australian inb a real toss of the coin. If Brayshaw falls through he could be the man, while they'll also look long and hard at Jaidyn Stephenson and Aaron Naughton. The whisper that has been doing the rounds in recent days is that they could take Ed Richards – that would throw things into chaos!
Who else? Andrew Brayshaw, Aaron Naughton, Jaidyn Stevenson, Ed Richards

38 Collingwood (F/S) Tyler BROWN Eastern Ranges

57 Collingwood Dom BARRY Glenelg

60 Collingwood Matthew DAY Oakleigh Chargers

ED RICHARDS in my Opinion be a Over Paying

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2017/11/20/brett-andersons-2017-afl-mock-draft/

Pies2016 

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:26 pm

K wrote:
Pies2016 wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:
I was very pleased with Naughton's highlights, but having just seen Fogarty's, I've switched my preference to him. ...

I'm curious to know exactly how slow he is. Given that he missed the Combine, we don't have his 20m time from that source. Certainly, expectations of pace depend on the size of the player. I've mentioned several times how surprised I am about Jack Watts's 20m time, but I guess that's one of the reasons he was the number 1 pick.

It's claimed, I don't know how reliably, that Cerra's time was even slower than that of Pendlebury, which didn't get under 3s (horribly slow for a mid in my books).

Fogarty isn't slow by any means, I guess it's just that it's not one of his strengths.
There is a mature age recruit Liam Ryan in this draft ( small forward WA ) who is blistering and anyone looks slow against him but for Fogartys size he is fine in that area.
It's more about what you do with your speed or lack of it. Fogarty will have to adapt his game for the early part because he would be stopped dead in his tracks by men for the first year or two. He has been used to steamrolling smaller players in the U18s
Cerra is different. The knock on Cerra is that he is one paced but he has a beautiful side step and he usually waits for the oncoming player to commit to him. He is also probably the second best dual sided player in the draft behind Fogarty.
If you can kick both sides, you have less need to take the extra step to get on your preferred side. That's when you really need speed ( amongst other reasons )
The fact that neither likely ran sub 3 secs for the 20 metres is hardly an issue with these two.
FWIW - Paddy Naish is pretty quick too. The Tigers will pick up a bargain here.
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:49 pm

Dave The Man wrote:
Brett Anderson's Mock:

Quote:
6. Collingwood

Darcy FOGARTY
25-Sep-99 | 191.9cm | 94.5kg | Glenelg
The Magpies could go a number of ways with their first selection but opt for the talented South Australian inb a real toss of the coin. If Brayshaw falls through he could be the man, while they'll also look long and hard at Jaidyn Stephenson and Aaron Naughton. The whisper that has been doing the rounds in recent days is that they could take Ed Richards – that would throw things into chaos!
Who else? Andrew Brayshaw, Aaron Naughton, Jaidyn Stevenson, Ed Richards

38 Collingwood (F/S) Tyler BROWN Eastern Ranges

57 Collingwood Dom BARRY Glenelg

60 Collingwood Matthew DAY Oakleigh Chargers

ED RICHARDS in my Opinion be a Over Paying

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2017/11/20/brett-andersons-2017-afl-mock-draft/

Do we really want to give up pick 6 for a pacy HBF with a fair bit upside. I wouldn't think so.

Mock drafts don't mean much but the Dom Barry selection is interesting. Already been on the Dee's list and went home from homesickness. Maybe not.
themonk 

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:02 pm

Dave The Man wrote:
Talk is going Around that we could pick Ed Richards at 6.

Has Eddie behind this

Not in a million years but if true then its time for a complete clean out, from the President down.
Adam Treloar 3 Votes 

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:42 am

I don’t believe for 1 minute we will take Richards at 6.

I would love to have Fogarty, Cerra, Brayshaw or even Coffield but not at this draft. We can entice them in a couple of years time.

IMO we need Naughton, the best KPP in the draft, future Alex Rance, excellent at reading the play, intercept/contested marking and attacking rebound from defence. He also has elite agility and endurance as displayed at combine. I will be very disappointed if we don’t take him.

K 

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:55 am

Adam Treloar 3 Votes wrote:
I don’t believe for 1 minute we will take Richards at 6.

I would love to have Fogarty, Cerra, Brayshaw or even Coffield but not at this draft. We can entice them in a couple of years time.

IMO we need Naughton, the best KPP in the draft, future Alex Rance, excellent at reading the play, intercept/contested marking and attacking rebound from defence. He also has elite agility and endurance as displayed at combine. I will be very disappointed if we don’t take him.

We could try to trade for Ed & Naughton in two years time at fair price, and it'd probably be easier than to do that for F,C,B,C.
K 

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:01 am

E wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:
K wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:

Both are Good Kicks

both are ELITE kicks.

I'd say Didak on the left was elite... Do you really think they're on that level, E? Or more like Didak on the right?
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 1:04 pm

Naughton make the Most Sense as he Fits Need and Rating him.

Question is do you think his Disposal will get better or not

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 19, 20, 21  Next
Page 16 of 21   

Jump to: