Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Who do you want to be drafted with our pick 6?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 19, 20, 21  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mossi Leo

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 5:29 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

swoop42 wrote:
Naughton reminds me of Darren Glass in the way he moves and competes against opponents.

He comes across as a real goer wouldn't be unhappy if we pick him up.
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:27 am

swoop42 wrote:
Naughton reminds me of Darren Glass in the way he moves and competes against opponents.

Add a pinch of Darren Gaspers " awkwardness " and I reckon you have nailed it Laughing
K 

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:43 am

On Bonar:

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/aiden-bonar-has-overcome-two-knee-reconstructions-to-be-a-top-10-draft-prospect/news-story/98d5fbdcc1c210fe746b2951e8db1a76

Quote:
D’Orazio ... listened, and when Bonar’s knee went again, he called top surgeon Julian Feller.

Bonar first went under the knife of a local surgeon using a hamstring graft.

Feller used the patella tendon and Bonar knew it was a better operation.

“The next morning you wake up from surgery and ­actually have to walk around, and it felt a lot better,” he said.

His rehabilitation was also different — Bonar picked a new personal trainer and did four intensive sessions per week.

Every Wednesday after school, Bonar would bounce on a trampoline for an hour and 45 minutes. Each jump produced more strength and power in his legs.

He did three months of gymnastics and worked on his running with Olympian Craig Mottram at Haileybury.

Collingwood will be the first to consider the Magpies fan at No.6, but St Kilda at No.7 and 8 looks more likely.
Albert Parker 

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 5:02 pm

Just watched Darcy Fogarty highlights again. i know he had a quieter year as he battled injury, but his kicking really stands out on both sides of his body.

Perhaps a guy like him and then chase a Tom Lynch hard in a year's time, with a view to moving Darcy down back if required.

themonk 

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 5:44 pm

Albert Parker wrote:
Just watched Darcy Fogarty highlights again. i know he had a quieter year as he battled injury, but his kicking really stands out on both sides of his body.

Perhaps a guy like him and then chase a Tom Lynch hard in a year's time, with a view to moving Darcy down back if required.

Let's hope so Cool
Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:28 pm

Hmmm, I think it'll be out of Fogarty and Naughton who ever is still there. If both are gone... then FIIK.
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:29 pm

Albert Parker wrote:

Beautiful player. I don't know why champion data only has him rated at number 21?
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:30 pm

You seem uncertain. I know a guy who like him and then chase a Tom Lynch hard in a year's time with a view to moving Darcy down back if required.
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 5:22 pm

I am hearing the Most Likely Pick for us at 6 be 1 of Cerra,Brayshaw and Fogarty
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 7:40 pm

Dave The Man wrote:
I am hearing the Most Likely Pick for us at 6 be 1 of Cerra,Brayshaw and Fogarty

I'm assuming Cerra and Brayshaw go earlier than six. Coffield would be great at six but he'll go early as well. That leaves Fogarty, Naughton or Brander all available at our pick six, whichever one we want out of those.
35forever 

"I feel sick - dada dada dada da"

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 7:45 pm

Can't see Brayshaw being around at 6, he's my pick for #1.
Raynor & Uinake hyphen are looking popular. So is Dow & Stephenson despite injury.
For Foggy & Naughton to both be gone at 6 means 1 or 2 of these is available.

My personal choice is Fogarty, even if we had #2 or 3. Best kick of the lot, ready to play in 2018. I also like Naughton, love that he was a pie fan.

Buckley needs improvement, regardless of Eddies bullshit, he's gone if we finish lower again. EVERYONE knows the "review" was pure crap. Scientists just discovered a tribe in Eastern Ecuador no one knew about. Their first words, once translated, were: You didn’t buy that McGuire review crap did you?"
We're probably lucky he only gave away our #2 for nxt year! (losing no2 was the dumbest move since the suck-session) Whether u like it or not he's in it to save his own arse. yes, theres the truckload of money, but as things stand he's our worst coach in 125 years, he's desperate to avoid that, so forget anyone not ready to make a difference next year. I know I'll be bitched at, but it affects our choice. Hine only has those kids to pick from.

But I still want Foggy, if u haven't seen his tape check it out. But I reeeeaaally wish we were 1 of the sides with 2 picks in the top 15. The sides that get 3-5 picks in the 17-18 drafts are gonna be DAMN hard to beat in the next decade. But not us! We hafta hope that our 2 (at best) will be Ablett/Danger/Fyfe types.

I'm starting to get more interested in our 2nd pick, There could be a dark horse still around then, a potential Swan. Any guesses?

-me, 2010
"The pies are going to the big dance!"-P.Daicos 2010
Visit My Website!
35forever 

"I feel sick - dada dada dada da"

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:42 pm

Having continued looking at vids, I got a bit excited hearing Naughton describe himself as a "Ben Reid" type, he's certainly big enough to make a mark almost instantly, and he really really wants to be a Pie!

But...

What cost us too many games this year wasn’t our backs, we were the only side who didn’t get beaten by 40 or more (our worst was 37 ag Ess - we were only 2 goals down midway thru the third after a horror start, but the 1st 5 minutes of the last finished us, could've easily been a 50-60 pointer but as usual we didn't go home) Our problems are 1: Kicking enough goals, & 2: letting sides get runs of 5-8 in a row, that’s Buckley, that's mental.
A Fogarty at 192 & 92 kegs, alongside Darcy, Cox, or Grundy, with Daicos, Kirby & Elliot (about rd 12) at their feet could kick big scores. We just need to pray Suckley can learn to counterattack opposition changes & tactics before they put 6 on the board. I'm hoping the likes of Kirby & Daics can help us keep the ball inside 50 better.

-me, 2010
"The pies are going to the big dance!"-P.Daicos 2010
Visit My Website!
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:57 pm

35forever wrote:
Having continued looking at vids, I got a bit excited hearing Naughton describe himself as a "Ben Reid" type, he's certainly big enough to make a mark almost instantly, and he really really wants to be a Pie!

But...

What cost us too many games this year wasn’t our backs, we were the only side who didn’t get beaten by 40 or more (our worst was 37 ag Ess - we were only 2 goals down midway thru the third after a horror start, but the 1st 5 minutes of the last finished us, could've easily been a 50-60 pointer but as usual we didn't go home) Our problems are 1: Kicking enough goals, & 2: letting sides get runs of 5-8 in a row, that’s Buckley, that's mental.
A Fogarty at 192 & 92 kegs, alongside Darcy, Cox, or Grundy, with Daicos, Kirby & Elliot (about rd 12) at their feet could kick big scores. We just need to pray Suckley can learn to counterattack opposition changes & tactics before they put 6 on the board. I'm hoping the likes of Kirby & Daics can help us keep the ball inside 50 better.

Have to agree that Fogarty offers more as a forward than Naughton. However our backline needs strengthening and I'm not convinced McLarty will make it at CHB. So Naughton is tempting to me. I wish we could recruit both.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:32 am

I was very pleased with Naughton's highlights, but having just seen Fogarty's, I've switched my preference to him. Fogarty is an absolute beast and can play at either end of the ground, and could even become a midfielder. At 192 cms and 95 ks, he's a powerful unit, but has bursting speed and is an absolute elite kick. He already has the physique to play round one. Fingers crossed we get him.
K 

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:03 am

RudeBoy wrote:
I was very pleased with Naughton's highlights, but having just seen Fogarty's, I've switched my preference to him. Fogarty is an absolute beast and can play at either end of the ground, and could even become a midfielder. At 192 cms and 95 ks, he's a powerful unit, but has bursting speed and is an absolute elite kick. He already has the physique to play round one. Fingers crossed we get him.

He lacks pace, perhaps his one weakness (if the meniscus tear and poor form this year are not issues).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 19, 20, 21  Next
Page 15 of 21   

Jump to: