Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

The silence over Harvey Weinstein’s serial abuse

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ronrat 

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 3:53 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

I had the absolute pleasure of meeting Susie O Niell in the Brisbane Qantas club 15 odd years ago. (She was flying wit the opposition but some bright spark got the whole junior Qld swimming squad into the Ansett lounge and Susie was asked if she wanted to move for some peace).

It was a quiet Sunday afternoon and we had a bit of a chat and she had a juice, the mate and I a VB. Very level headed, very focussed and very polite. I am inclined to believe her a lot more than some attention seeker. I think Don Burke had better see if he can take early retirement and fade away PDQ. He is trying to tread water and is losing the battle.

Mum won a BBQ 2 years ago on his show. Bit worried now if if I put any fresh meat on the holding tray.

Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 4:28 pm

Now it's sex trafficking.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-people-harvey-weinstein-lawsuit/british-actress-sues-harvey-weinstein-in-new-york-alleging-sex-trafficking-idUSKBN1DS076
luvdids Sagittarius

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 1:30 pm

Now Robert Doyle's been accused of harassment/misconduct.

Reminds me of David's classic post about Doyle becoming mayor - which I can't find but am hoping David can.

Something about him standing in a corner, sweating, something about salami....

Over to you David Smile
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 2:36 pm

Oh yes, always happy to repost this:

https://heathenscripture.wordpress.com/2011/10/22/robert-doyle-is-a-$£$%^%%$-%$^%$£$%/

No idea about the truth of these allegations, though, and of course nothing in the article above should be taken as an inference either way. Being a – well, you know – as a mayor doesn’t necessarily mean that one is a sexual abuser.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 6:57 pm

Wokko wrote:

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-people-harvey-weinstein-lawsuit/british-actress-sues-harvey-weinstein-in-new-york-alleging-sex-trafficking-idUSKBN1DS076

That’s hardly sex trafficking. Abuse of power, false representation, sexual assault, but how is it trafficking?

Mugwump 

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:00 pm

think positive wrote:
Wokko wrote:

That’s hardly sex trafficking. Abuse of power, false representation, sexual assault, but how is it trafficking?

It might fall under the law, depending on how it is drafte, but clearly it is not what the law was intended for, and cases like this potentially undermine the deep legal gravity of true sex trafficking. Still, Weinstein deserves the vortex of sh*t in which he is now swimming. What a dreadful louse.

swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:50 pm

I recall a long while back someone on a media platform alluding to Doyle (though not named outright) in a nudge nudge wink kind of way that he had a penchant for employing and surrounding himself with attractive young women.

Can't recall if that was from his days as leader of the Victorian Liberal party or as Mayor (perhaps both).

Doesn't mean he's guilty mind you but it'll be interesting if anyone else comes forward if he is.

ronrat 

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 4:16 am

swoop42 wrote:
I recall a long while back someone on a media platform alluding to Doyle (though not named outright) in a nudge nudge wink kind of way that he had a penchant for employing and surrounding himself with attractive young women.

Can't recall if that was from his days as leader of the Victorian Liberal party or as Mayor (perhaps both).

Doesn't mean he's guilty mind you but it'll be interesting if anyone else comes forward if he is.

As someone who lives in Thailand I am struggling to see your point

When he my local MP I met him once. Boring as batshit. But then Kelly ODwyer came on the scene and made him seem not as bad. This could be the new age McCarthyism.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
Page 10 of 10   

Jump to: