Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

New Collingwood Logo 2018

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GreekLunatic 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 8:58 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

whats the wreath got to do with our history
WarrenerraW 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 1:20 pm

I like your proposal. It's professional and demonstrates your love for the club and its identity (past and present). I recognise the need for change and I think your ideas reflect and embrace that. In saying that, I'm not a fan of the secondary logo but I really like the first one.

Although the magpie stands proud and bold, I think it lacks definition around the beak. I would personally make the beak larger and sharper like it would tear your throat apart. I would also enlarge the eye to further enhance that sense of fear in the viewer.

You need 1892 in there somewhere and I like how you have incorporated Vic Park in there as well. I think that's very clever. I wouldn't bother emailing the club if I was you. I'd march straight down there and demand to speak to someone about it. Good luck!
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 1:23 pm

Good luck to you too mr petulant could went out a hero on the ultimate high ground but he turned into a battered twisted old man half way the year and he let the players be satisfied with one premiership he let them be lazy and it's his fault they and we got the ultimate wake up call.
Raw Hammer 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 2:44 pm

Noted.
The Logologist 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 3:21 pm

Cheers.

Yeah, I'm not an artist and there are a few 'tweaks' I'd still like to make to the bird, but haven't wanted to waste any more of my freelancer's time (working for free) until I receive more feedback. Pretty much reiterated by some of the feedback on this board. The beak being one, the roundness being another, and finally some more work on the legs (which were I totally hidden by the "C" until I had to quickly create them myself for the logo story piece and apparel examples).

But we're nearly there...
The Logologist 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 5:31 pm

Removed.

Last edited by The Logologist on Wed Oct 04, 2017 11:59 pm; edited 2 times in total
MightyMagpie 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 6:06 pm

Well done on your work.

One could argue that a "tired, outdated magpie" is appropriate in the current circumstances. (jk)

Personally, I'm not a fan of the letterman CM logo, but I still congratulate you on your work in coming up with options and no doubt you will tinker with these still.

I recently listened to a 30-for-30 podcast about the guys in Boston who came up with the "Yankees Suck" t-shirts and made a killing. I see a future there ...

swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 8:25 pm

GreekLunatic wrote:
whats the wreath got to do with our history

We'll we have lost a great deal of grand finals.

RIP

Possible Premiership

2011-2011. Sad

dalyc Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 8:52 pm

Not a fan of the C - reminds me of Carlton. Like the Magpie. Sorry your hard work might be for nought if it's true the Club has developed its own.
The Logologist 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 9:09 pm

It's all good. I enjoyed the process, however fruitless it may have been. I'll just have to make my own unofficial apparel and merchandise then, hahaha Smile

The C started out as me trying to work the heritage of Vic Park into a modern day Collingwood logo. From the bird's eye view, I saw the potential of the shape, and it evolved from there. It then was simply a concept built on tweaking the current logo (essentially turning the current black ring sideways), freshening it up with a newer Magpie, and including vertical (not horizontal), stripes. I'm not married to the C, but I'm a fan, not going to lie Wink

There are other 'safer' concepts in my 'sketch book', but why be safe? It's 2017-18. On the other hand, I did try to stay true the general shape/stance of the magpie and try to remain as faithful as possible to prior brand marks while being progressive at the same time. I'm not against a complete refresh (e.g. kick-ass swooping magpie that lends itself more to the US style sports logo), but I doubt the CFC fraternity would go for that.

Anyway, I can't stand the current logo with two awkward flags, but others love it. So each to their own.

Cheers.
The Logologist 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:59 am

"The new emblem, while a nod to our rich history, is a sign of bright things to come. It represents our bright future, yet encompasses iconic trademarks from our past."

Funny thing is, my first sketches were similar to this logo (but with a new magpie). I might re-do if this is the path the club has decided to head down.

Why is 1892 bigger than COLLINGWOOD? Why are all the lines and stripes uneven? Why is the magpie so oversized compared to the shield? Why do we have an outdated magpie on a new-age shield? The two elements don't work together.

Last edited by The Logologist on Thu Oct 05, 2017 12:02 am; edited 1 time in total
Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 9:29 am

Geez, very disappointing your designs weren't considered. They shit all over the one they're running with! By a massive margin!

Yours look professional & dynamic, the chosen one looks like the result of a primary school class competition.

Raw Hammer 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 9:56 am

Work experience kid came up with the new logo by the looks of things.

Hey, you know that 125th anniversary logo? Whaddyavrdckon we slap a giant mangled Magpie on it and add 1892? We'll call it, "progressive".

Damien Aquarius

Me Noah & Flynn @ the G

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 10:20 am

I can live with the new one. But it doesn't excite me that much. Ditching the flags and adding the B&W strips in the right direction is a big improvement. I'd like to see the American style one that Raw Hammer has done used as an alternative in some merch. It's definitely gunna appeal more to the younger generation. I showed my 14 and 18 year olds who are big fans of American sports too and they loved it. I'd like to know if the club did any focus groups to get feedback. I doubt it.
T2 Sagittarius

T2

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 10:30 am

I was surveyed about last year's logo in terms of what aspects of it I liked, didn't, what I would be open to, etc. I figured all members were, but I must have assumed too much. Didn't get to give direct feedback on the new logo, though.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6   

Jump to: