Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Take a deep breath...... get onboard

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Adam Treloar 3 Votes 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 10:35 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

In 2018 we play finals again, Pies supporters not onboard will be kicking themselves. Once we make the finals anything is possible. We have a game style conducive to finals, high pressure/tackling and one of the top contested footy sides. We were able to demonstrate this year that our best can beat anyone. We just lacked consistency and polish this year.
The Boy Who Cried Wolf 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 5:12 am

And brains...
E 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 7:12 am

one of the things expressed to me by tigers fans is that last year, they played better than their opponents but always seemed to find a way to lose and this year they could win games even when they weren't the better team out there.

same coach. more experienced players.... go figure.....

Luigitheunbelievable 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 7:27 pm

Hi Folks.
I'm on board and committed member for life.
If we had scored just one more goal every game, or had one less scored against us.......we would have been real close.

A team playing for their coach can be a powerful thing. Remember Hafey's Heroes? Sure, we didn't get the ultimate prize, but it was a helluva ride.
Regards.

The Boy Who Cried Wolf 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 9:40 pm

Close to what? Making the finals? You have got to be joking!?!

We were 5 & 10.

This game is not about 'what if's and maybes' it's about actually winning and doing it on the day. Bottom line.

No more jobs for mates... no more captain calls - make the club great again and stop making excuses.

PS: Personally I'd rather not think back to all those lost GF's, lets get back to a winning mentality.

Big Dan 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 10:03 pm

Love your enthusiasm, but for the first time in a long time I feel as if the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off.
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 10:07 pm

Sometimes I think love is just a biological urge. Other times LOVE seems like a spiritual quality. Love, unlike energy or matter, seems limitless.
Luigitheunbelievable 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 6:50 am

Hi Folks.
As I said. On board and committed for life.

You people who can't see the light at the end of the tunnel..... get your eyes checked.!
Regards.

derkd 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 11:50 am

doriswilgus wrote:
You know Richmond aren't a very skillful side either.At one stage in the Grand Final their disposal efficiency was 58%.So there's hope for us yet.But we need a lot of things to go right for us next year if we're going to have that sort of success.

I agree with this point in bold. It also starts at the trade/draft this year. The club simply has to find a way to bring in a key forward and a young key back along with some outside leg speed. We are paying the price of the club year after year chasing midfielders and over paying for them (ah la Treloar).

I am not confident, I think next year we will see other clubs go past us....the key is in making up ground and really going back to the drawing board on the game plan which for 6 years simply has not worked. Got to work on the players confidence in each other, too often we fiddled round with the ball because players were too scared to make mistakes.....as i often said....I would have almost preferred to see us lose more games by 50 points by playing daring and creative football then to see (what we saw) us grind out boring 12 -20 point losses which in effect were over by halftime because our team didnt know how to make up such gaps. More Hawthorn games less Carlton/Port/doggies round 1 games.

Member 7167 Leo

"What Good Fortune For Governments That The People Do Not Think" - Adolf Hitler.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 1:35 pm

masoncox wrote:
I want a professional club not a mates club.
So don't tell me to get onboard with certain individuals who are on the gravy train for their own ego's and wallet.

If you think that the coaching staff and administration are there solely for the money and are not making every effort to win a premiership your are delusional.

Certainly question the game plan at times. Certainly question the recruiting at times. To suggest that they are not doing their utmost to win is a betrayal and a comment created to suit your own agenda.

The Boy Who Cried Wolf 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 3:47 pm

Member 7167 wrote:
masoncox wrote:
So don't tell me to get onboard with certain individuals who are on the gravy train for their own ego's and wallet.

If you think that the coaching staff and administration are there solely for the money and are not making every effort to win a premiership your are delusional.

Certainly question the game plan at times. Certainly question the recruiting at times. To suggest that they are not doing their utmost to win is a betrayal and a comment created to suit your own agenda.

This I totally agree with, personally I would never question their commitment to the cause or loyalty.

Otherwise, my opinions are yet unchanged.

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 4:01 pm

Last season, Tiges, 13th, THIS season, PREMIERS, things can turn around fast in the AFL. Give us a decent Fixture, lgood injury run, no suspensions, finish top 4, and ya never know what can happen. Tiges showed that, and Dogs the season prior.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
derkd 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 6:21 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
Last season, Tiges, 13th, THIS season, PREMIERS, things can turn around fast in the AFL. Give us a decent Fixture, lgood injury run, no suspensions, finish top 4, and ya never know what can happen. Tiges showed that, and Dogs the season prior.

This is true, however, remember that Richmond had been playing (losing) but at least playing finals.

Collingwood on the other hand have been consistently going backwards.

masoncox 

masoncox

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 6:45 pm

Member 7167 wrote:
masoncox wrote:

Go down the road 200 m and you will see the most professional club in the land and it is called the melbourne storm. Last week the australian newspaper stated that it had a world class footy department and an admin that was working towards that goal. They are professional in every sense of the word. Meanwhile back at Eddieland we have a decision to reappoint Buckley for another 2 years. No proper professional club would have done this. Not one! But eddies ego had to have one more go at proving his 2009 decision right. Buckley is getting a million dollars per annum for his effort. He is not doing it for the love of it, and he has an ego to believe that he will be a great coach. I stand by what I said and reinterate the main issue with collingwood is its lack of professionalism because the mate culture and personality worship stops us from achieving greater things.
derkd 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 7:48 pm

masoncox wrote:
Member 7167 wrote:
masoncox wrote:

Go down the road 200 m and you will see the most professional club in the land and it is called the melbourne storm. Last week the australian newspaper stated that it had a world class footy department and an admin that was working towards that goal. They are professional in every sense of the word. Meanwhile back at Eddieland we have a decision to reappoint Buckley for another 2 years. No proper professional club would have done this. Not one! But eddies ego had to have one more go at proving his 2009 decision right. Buckley is getting a million dollars per annum for his effort. He is not doing it for the love of it, and he has an ego to believe that he will be a great coach. I stand by what I said and reinterate the main issue with collingwood is its lack of professionalism because the mate culture and personality worship stops us from achieving greater things.

Preaching to the converted Mason, when was the last time Eddie took the fall for any of the problems at the club?

I have argued for a long time now that no other organisation or government on earth has had a healthy outcome from having one person in the same job for such a long period of time.

But I also think it runs deeper, people need to be confronting the status que at the club....yet no one is willing. Speaks volumes about the club in my mind. call it a funk call it a rut.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3   

Jump to: