Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Mark Of The Year

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 1:20 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Piesnchess wrote:
Columnist Jon Ralph just wrote on Twitter, that Howe was Robbed, his words. Not mine.

Headline to article at Foxsports:

"Outrage as Jeremy Howe snubbed for 2017 AFL Mark of the Year".

Hopefully, AFL will institute a panel to select Mark and Goal of the Year from now on. It's simply idiotic to let the public decide who wins and then make such a big deal out of such public bias, by presenting medals on Brownlow night for these awards.

I'm furious about this and furious about the duplicity of the MRP re Cotchin.
K 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 1:20 am

David wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
As for this public bullshit vote, where was it, I never saw that option on TV, radio, facebook, twitter, newspapers, sports shows, etc, not once did I ever see it to be voted on, what a load of horseshit

Um, we've had a thread on it at the top of General Discussion for weeks... Neutral

And now we have three threads....
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 1:24 am

That's the look of someone who knows they were robbed Evil or Very Mad

GreekLunatic 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 7:19 am

What a joke since Gil has taken over the top job the afl has become a joke. End his captaincy this year has been a bore even the finals are a snooze fest
simon tonna 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 8:16 am

That is just stupid.
I never ends.
The afl is at a all time low for its biase and corrupt watch. I wish our once great club would ban all organised tradition such as award nights like this shit. put a media ban on all things Collingwood. protest all mrp and umpire decision good and bad.
I don't care we are hated in fact I thrive on it, but I hate even more that we are trying to change our image as a club trying to be the good guys now.
I hate us for for being spineless yes men.

Haff Capricorn

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:03 am

Voted by the public and two Collingwood players out of three. Really had no chance to win.
Same thing happened to Walker. Absultely no way Krak's mark was better than Walkers but all us Collingwood supporters got on and voted.
Take the public out of it.

Member 7167 Leo

"What Good Fortune For Governments That The People Do Not Think" - Adolf Hitler.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:34 am

Seeing it is a public vote it is easy to work out why this happened.

Howe's mark was the better of the three but the Collingwood votes would have been split between Howe and Grundy. I would suggest that Howe would have scored 2 to 1 but those votes that were given to Grundy were at the expense of Howe.

Danaher would have accumulated many Essendon votes (also one of the major clubs in membership and supporter numbers) as well as a number of votes from the anti Collingwood brigade who haven't got the mental capacity to vote on the merits of the marks.

A flawed system but what do you expect of the AFL and some of the pubic that voted who are just outright gooses.

Because of Grundy's involvement Howe was on a hiding to nothing. No matter what they manage the AFL are very good at getting it wrong.

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:21 am

K wrote:
David wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
As for this public bullshit vote, where was it, I never saw that option on TV, radio, facebook, twitter, newspapers, sports shows, etc, not once did I ever see it to be voted on, what a load of horseshit

Um, we've had a thread on it at the top of General Discussion for weeks... Neutral

And now we have three threads....

I did not bother to read that thread as I thought it was a Nicks one, just amongst us Nicksters, our own poll like. Giving the young millennials votes, on this, yeh right, no wonder it turned out so cockupped. Rolling Eyes

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:33 am

simon tonna wrote:
That is just stupid.
I never ends.
The afl is at a all time low for its biase and corrupt watch. I wish our once great club would ban all organised tradition such as award nights like this shit. put a media ban on all things Collingwood. protest all mrp and umpire decision good and bad.
I don't care we are hated in fact I thrive on it, but I hate even more that we are trying to change our image as a club trying to be the good guys now.
I hate us for for being spineless yes men.

This has happened under Eddies watch, which is one reason I think his time has now expired.,but please, I don't want to reopen the whole eddie debate again ! Look, I want our next President to be an absolute bastard, ruthless, a person, male or female (the tigers have one) who puts the Magpies first, second, third, fourth, etc. Stuff the rigged QB game, stuff their nancy tradition games and functions the League goes on with, stuff their plastic teams like the Gold coast Beachboys, creaming millions out of the comp, while Tassie screams for a team. Stuff the whole AFL agenda, the Pie hating agenda that is heaped on this club, not one more dime will these creeps get outa me, they can go to hell and rot there for eternity. Evil or Very Mad Exclamation

BBHS Cancer

bbhs

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:57 am

Howes mark was right in front of me and was the greatest mark I've seen in 30 years of going to the football. took my breath away literally
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 11:08 am

BBHS wrote:
Howes mark was right in front of me and was the greatest mark I've seen in 30 years of going to the football. took my breath away literally

EVEN a Deees mate of mine, said the same thing, rueing the fact that they had let him come to the Pies. Surprised

didick 

didick

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 11:37 am

Haff wrote:
Voted by the public and two Collingwood players out of three. Really had no chance to win.
Same thing happened to Walker. Absultely no way Krak's mark was better than Walkers but all us Collingwood supporters got on and voted.
Take the public out of it.

I thought at the time Krak's mark wasn't voted by the public. I remember Luke Darcy defending it and it sounded like the decision was made by a panel which he was on.

derkd 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 1:24 pm

Yep Howe should have won, if nothing else simply based on his output for the year.

On a much larger point...lets see if the freaking club can use this sort of stuff to actually ACHIEVE something next year.

Light the fire in the players to string together a consistent year.

Pain of losing a stupid mark of the year contest will disappear pretty quickly if we are playing finals. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

daicos35 Leo

Is é an Phríomhroinn linne

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 1:54 pm

BBHS wrote:

Awesome! Cool Love those moments at the footy.

Harrysz 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 2:08 pm

IN NEWS JUST IN - the PREMIERSHIP will be decided from now on by fans. This is far too important to be left to the players. The Home and Away season will play out as usual and then, fans will vote for the team which deserves to be premiers.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 3 of 7   

Jump to: