Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

If Cotchin was a Pie

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Collingwood Crackerjack 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:27 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting to see such different interpretations of the same action, and footage thereof.

I reckon he has to go, if grundy gets 3 to 2 for a textbook tackle, then this is worth 2 to 1 at least....that other dog shot will also be looked at closely

© Collingwood Crackerjack, 1992
5 from the wing on debut 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:22 am

RudeBoy wrote:
I don't think he's got anything to answer for. He went in low, not to bump, but to get the ball. It was incidental conduct imo. If he was attempting a bump he'd get 2 weeks, but as he went in low it's clear his hands were extended to grab the ball.

That's not what the video shows. The fact that his hands were not extended to go for the ball when they could have been is what will cause him the problem. He had an alternative to bumping and didn't take that alternative.

Cotchin did what every footballer in the history of the game, until a decade or so ago, would have done. He clenched his right fist, kept his right arm close to his body, turned and bumped to protect the ball. He only reached for the ball after the bump. He tried to get as low as he could but was unlucky in that he hit the head.

Whether he meant to hit him in the head, or whether there was concusssion arising from that or from a later hit, is irrelevant. If the rules are applied as written the issue is whether he is suspended for 1 or 2 games (taking into account the other two incidents this year). The area of uncertainty is whether there will be a Barry Hall type intervention in the process or not.
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:24 am

Where exactly is that?
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 12:31 pm

Robbo reckons he got off, no case, totally expected from such a corrupt organisation, no wonder fans are losing interest in the game, so rigged. If he was a PIe, hed get two weeks, one extra for good luck. Total joke.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
5 from the wing on debut 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 12:43 pm

I see it as a technically incorrect, but socially acceptable decision. It's easy to have a pre determined decision and then work backwards to find arguable reasoning.

I am happy that both he and Sloane are playing. I want to see the best out there on GF day.

I can't accept the "woe is me" Collingwood attitude on this. Carman, Cloke and Rocca all blatantly punched opponents. Cotchin didn't (just don't mention Barry Hall).
Leggie Aries

Bucks for PM.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 12:49 pm

Yep he got off.
woodys_world69 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 12:56 pm

5 from the wing on debut wrote:
I see it as a technically incorrect, but socially acceptable decision. It's easy to have a pre determined decision and then work backwards to find arguable reasoning.

I am happy that both he and Sloane are playing. I want to see the best out there on GF day.

I can't accept the "woe is me" Collingwood attitude on this. Carman, Cloke and Rocca all blatantly punched opponents. Cotchin didn't (just don't mention Barry Hall).

Some would say the head high pump is akin to a punch back in those days... With the way the afl and media go on about headhigh contact
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 1:03 pm

Make NO mistake mate, if he wore black n white, he would be gone, end of story. One rule for some, one rule for others, Hall was no worse than either cloke or Rocca, Rocca was actually really stiff. Its rigged, pure and simple, the League loves fairytales, though the Crows will hopefully give them nightmares this Saturday. Surprised

Lazza 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 1:19 pm

Piesnchess wrote:

Make NO mistake mate, if he wore black n white, he would be gone, end of story. One rule for some, one rule for others, Hall was no worse than either cloke or Rocca, Rocca was actually really stiff. Its rigged, pure and simple, the League loves fairytales, though the Crows will hopefully give them nightmares this Saturday. Surprised

Totally agree with you Piesnchess. But generally I find here on Nick's it’s the older ones who remember the terrible injustices against Collingwood, the younger ones are either totally bloody ignorant or were not told by those older than them how Collingwood was/is treated. So you get these stupid, historically wrong posts like "Grundy’s incident is totally different." or that it is a typical Collingwood whingfest. It's bloody frustrating but you can’t teach young people Collingwood's historical treatment history to them. Unless you were there like I was at the John Greening incident, (where as four 14 year old magpies, we were threatened by fully adult St Kilda ferals) there will be posters here who think that Jimmy O'Dea was a great chap instead on a bloody dumb coward sniping bastard that he was. So we can’t win but just deal with it as best as we can and move on. Idiots will always be idiots in MY opinion.

5 from the wing on debut 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 1:23 pm

Piesnchess wrote:

We see the same things and interpret them differently.

You see conspiracy theories.

I don't.

One of us may be right or the truth may be somewhere in the middle.

Although, I do regularly, and on a first hand basis, see the hatred for us which is held by the "old money" supporters of Melbourne and Geelong. I don't see that directed towards us by the Richmond "elite", probably because the clubs have similar backgrounds.
piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 1:46 pm

The area of uncertainty is whether there will be a Barry Hall type intervention in the process or not.

Hallelujah Brother - Divine Intervention strikes again. Laughing

Jason Cloke was trying to clear the ball from a Lockyer kick-out in 2002.
His absence cost us the premiership, no doubt.

Rocca's idiotic elbow to Lade's neck was a poof-tap at best.
His absence cost us any hope of the premiership, no doubt.

3rd degree Aries

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 1:49 pm

[quote="piedys"]
The area of uncertainty is whether there will be a Barry Hall type intervention in the process or not.

Hallelujah Brother - Divine Intervention strikes again. Laughing

Clokey was really stiff , a crap decision really hurt us that one.

www.facebook/the hybernators
piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 2:21 pm

3rd degree wrote:
piedys wrote:

Agreed; unfortunately Edwards was knocked out cold in the incident, and took no further part in the game, reducing Adelaide's interchange rotations.

Hypothetically, had Cloke made contact with the ball, we'll never know if Edwards presence could have had enough significant impact on play in the 2nd half of that PF, to make a difference to the result Adelaide's way....

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 2:27 pm

piedys wrote:
3rd degree wrote:
piedys wrote:

Agreed; unfortunately Edwards was knocked out cold in the incident, and took no further part in the game, reducing Adelaide's interchange rotations.

Hypothetically, had Cloke made contact with the ball, we'll never know if Edwards presence could have had enough significant impact on play in the 2nd half of that PF, to make a difference to the result Adelaide's way....

AND Shiel was concussed in the Final, and took NO further part in the game TOO !! No rotations etc, down a vital player. Oh and it sends out the message, courtesy of a corrupt League, to little Johnny, playing local junior footy, being ": Gee whiz, Cotchin got off for concussing that guy, big bump, must be ok for ME to bump now, no matter what, and I will get off, just like Cotchin did. " Unreal, just unreal decision. Mad Surprised

Prometheus Virgo

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 2:49 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
I tell you this, if this little sniper Cotchin gets off, and bloody hell, aren't the media really pushing for the little shit to get off- I am DONE with the corrupt AFL, for a long time. Nobody gave a rats arse bout Jason Cloke, and Rocca, both suspended for GFs, the media crucified us in fact. ! Cotchin is on his THIRD offence is the ONE season, and if you come up for a third, you cant be fined, only suspended. Yet dickhead Barrett reckons the "League will FIND a way so he CAN play " Flog Nathan brown reckons the CANT suspend him for a GF, even though Shiel was badly concussed, and could take NO further part in the game. ! Grundy got 3 weeks for a tackle, NO priors like Cotchin, after Brown could not play out the game !!

I am $£$%^%%$ spewing over this, this media love wank fest for the Tiges is outa control, our guys get shafted for GFs, sniper Cotchin gets off,its absolutely disgusting. The MRP has to suspend this jerk, and if he was wearing black and white colours, hed be GONE ! Jeez I hope the Crows can beat these insufferable pricks, put em right back in their box !

Just goes to show you what can be done when the ruling organisation absolutely MUST do ALL it can to ensure the success for a team that its playing favorites for (Brisbane Lions) in order to expand an interstate supporter base and compete with Rugby for supporter dollars.

They really are a bunch of whores.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 4 of 7   

Jump to: