Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

If Cotchin was a Pie

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
doriswilgus 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 3:03 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Redlight wrote:
If he was a Collingwood player he would be gone for three.

In the general media, and community, Collingwood are the 'bad guys' so the mindset changes. It's the same for individuals, a 'villain' like Toby Greene, would be crucified.

If Cochin was part of a Collingwood bound GF team the discussion would be around the 'head being sacrosanct' and the fact that the affected player missed the rest of the match.

They would express their regret that Cochin had to miss a GF, but, well, 'rules are rules'.

The Tigers are riding a sentimental wave similar to what happened to the Dog's last year. At the moment you can see the entire AFL media community running a campaign so that letting Cochin off will be accepted.

It's a joke.

I agree with this 1000%.If it had been a Collingwood player who did that,all we would have heard was duty of care,head being sacrocanct,rules are rules, blah,blah,blah.But because it's a Richmond player,and they're flavor of the month at the moment,we're hearing that the rules should be massaged and he shouldn't have any trouble playing in the Grand Final.It definitely is a case of double standards.
thebaldfacts 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 3:05 pm

Serves the AFL right.

Their stupid policies risk a key player missing a GF just because they went in hard for the ball.

They will look stupid by bending over backwards to make sure there is no case to answer.
Big T 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 3:10 pm

We will see. If he gets done will all of the conspiracy theorists change their view?

To me he was going for the ball and there was next to nothing in it. But he should cop a fine for negligence and hence should miss.

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 4:00 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:
I don't think he's got anything to answer for. He went in low, not to bump, but to get the ball. It was incidental conduct imo. If he was attempting a bump he'd get 2 weeks, but as he went in low it's clear his hands were extended to grab the ball.

BUT, Shiel was concussed, unable to play, ala Grundy incident, make NO mistake, if this was a Magpie, hed be out on his arse, its sniper Cotchins 3rd time up for chrissakes, in the one season. Rigged absolutely. Surprised

It all depends on whether his intent was to bump or to get the ball. If his intention was to bump, then the head injury means he is gonski. So when tackling or bumping, the onus is on the tackler/bumper to ensure it doesn't injure a player's head. If it does then the player must get rubbed out. In this instance, however, it looked to me that Cotchin was diving in low to get the ball. It's a fine line I guess, but when I saw it on TV, my forst thought was that it was just an accidental knock in pursuit of the ball.

Serious concussion, unable to play out the game, serial and repeat offender, I rest my case. BUT, the League is a totally corrupt organisation now, so I expect a slap on his wrist with a Kleenex tissue ! Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
i hate carlton 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 4:01 pm

Applying the Grundy precedent, Cotchin should be suspended.

Additionally, he is doing it deliberately:

“Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. Three times is enemy action.”

Ian Fleming, ex Secret Intelligence Service officer 1959 book “Goldfinger”

He's kicking pineapples!

My favourite nicks thread (Laugh at Carlscum): http://www.magpies.net/nick/bb/viewtopic.php?t=66021&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 4:02 pm

doriswilgus wrote:
Redlight wrote:
If he was a Collingwood player he would be gone for three.

In the general media, and community, Collingwood are the 'bad guys' so the mindset changes. It's the same for individuals, a 'villain' like Toby Greene, would be crucified.

If Cochin was part of a Collingwood bound GF team the discussion would be around the 'head being sacrosanct' and the fact that the affected player missed the rest of the match.

They would express their regret that Cochin had to miss a GF, but, well, 'rules are rules'.

The Tigers are riding a sentimental wave similar to what happened to the Dog's last year. At the moment you can see the entire AFL media community running a campaign so that letting Cochin off will be accepted.

It's a joke.

I agree with this 1000%.If it had been a Collingwood player who did that,all we would have heard was duty of care,head being sacrocanct,rules are rules, blah,blah,blah.But because it's a Richmond player,and they're flavor of the month at the moment,we're hearing that the rules should be massaged and he shouldn't have any trouble playing in the Grand Final.It definitely is a case of double standards.

DAMN RIGHT !!!!!

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
BEAMER09 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 4:36 pm

without doubt...
bally12 Aquarius

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 4:38 pm

The truth is Cotchin is a sniper, and he knew exactly what he was doing. He tucked his elbow in and drove into Shield's head with this body. His intention was to hurt Shiel and he certainly did that.
If he was going for the ball, his hands would be open and in attempt to grasp the ball. Brereton read it right.

Of course we know that he will get off however, because the AFL is openly corrupt.
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 4:43 pm

Get Life
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 4:43 pm

bally12 wrote:
The truth is Cotchin is a sniper, and he knew exactly what he was doing. He tucked his elbow in and drove into Shield's head with this body. His intention was to hurt Shiel and he certainly did that.
If he was going for the ball, his hands would be open and in attempt to grasp the ball. Brereton read it right.

Of course we know that he will get off however, because the AFL is openly corrupt.

AFL will want Tigers to win the Flag as = More $$$$$

swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 4:59 pm

The AFL and MRP will come up with some justification to not suspend him and given it's history of inconsistency when applying sanctions for incidents of a similar nature it shouldn't come as a surprise.

Last edited by swoop42 on Sun Sep 24, 2017 6:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
WarrenerraW 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 5:33 pm

I hope the dirty little sniper gets rubbed out but I have no doubt that the afl will conjure up some piss weak excuse for not throwing the book at him while the media are already on a crusade to defend him.

The system reeks of double standards. Grundy lays a perfectly good tackle within the laws of the game and is rubbed out. The media ensured his demise while the afl touted their pathetic excuses as to why he had to go.

Cotchin commits a dog act and the media wrap their arms around him and plead his innocence. Hang on... I thought the head was sacrosanct, what's that afl? it depends on the colour of your jumper? oh I see. and we make the rules up as we go along.
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 5:36 pm

The color of your jumper is always an important factor.
mudlark 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 5:40 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:
I don't think he's got anything to answer for. He went in low, not to bump, but to get the ball. It was incidental conduct imo. If he was attempting a bump he'd get 2 weeks, but as he went in low it's clear his hands were extended to grab the ball.

BUT, Shiel was concussed, unable to play, ala Grundy incident, make NO mistake, if this was a Magpie, hed be out on his arse, its sniper Cotchins 3rd time up for chrissakes, in the one season. Rigged absolutely. Surprised

It all depends on whether his intent was to bump or to get the ball. If his intention was to bump, then the head injury means he is gonski. So when tackling or bumping, the onus is on the tackler/bumper to ensure it doesn't injure a player's head. If it does then the player must get rubbed out. In this instance, however, it looked to me that Cotchin was diving in low to get the ball. It's a fine line I guess, but when I saw it on TV, my forst thought was that it was just an accidental knock in pursuit of the ball.

Rudey.He tucked his arm in and hunched the shoulder.Clearly went in to bump.,hit him in the head.3 points of what MRP look at.1.High Contact.2 High Impact(Concussed and missed the rest of the game.# Intent.Clearly had the intention to bump . 3 weeks and no downgrading due to previous 2 convictions. Same with the other one who knocked Whitfields head off.
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 5:44 pm

Compare that to low Contactpoint 3 High ImpactConcussed and missed the rest of the game.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 2 of 7   

Jump to: