Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

2017 Delistings Discussion

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
El Popo 

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 12:34 pm
Post subject: 2017 Delistings DiscussionReply with quote

With Jesse White the only known player leaving, and the need to release at least 2 more, and probably up to 4 more, who are the candidates to be moved on/traded.
We have several players who could not get a game this year for various reasons, Keefe, Oxley, Sier, injured players such as Sinclair, & the out of favor/form players Ramsey, and Mayne.

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 1:12 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Hopefully Blair is the 1st Gone.

Rest be Oxley,Keeffe and Sier(Put on Rookie List)

WarrenerraW 

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 1:32 pm

Do oxley, keefe and thomas have any trade value and could they packaged up in a swap for players and/or picks and sent to one of the qld clubs? Particularly if we're interested in saad. keefe probably has the most value out of the 3 cos he's a kpp but there's also a possibility we might hold on to him as back up next year.

Sinclair is done you'd think. His body simply isn't up to the rigours of afl football which is a shame cos he has talent.

I don't know much about sier but from what I understand he's spent a lot of time injured so I'm not sure we've seen his potential yet.

You could add blair to the list of players to delist/trade. we should be pumping games into brown, daicos and kirby so I can't see a spot for blair. not sure what trade value he has but he could be used in the vfl.

mayne has been the big disappointment this year. he's one year in to a 4 year deal with nothing to show that he will improve or hold down a full time spot in the team. delisting him will cost us dearly financially but if we're serious about moving forward then we might just have to bite the bullet.
MightyMagpie 

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 1:43 pm

By my count, the uncontracted players right now are:

Blair
White (retired)
Sinclair
Ramsay
Wills (reportedly offered a 2 year extension, but no announcement yet on signing)
Smith
Keeffe (reportedly in discussions on an extension)
Sier

and rookies

Thomas (now re-signed for 2018:Josh Thomas has re-signed with Collingwood for 2018. Caps a successful comeback from his two-year WADA ban https://t.co/OpGWMpbZPL)
McCarthy
Schade
Mackie
Lynch

Last edited by MightyMagpie on Mon Oct 02, 2017 5:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 7:29 am

I keep hearing Blair is contracted. I thought he only signed on for one year but hear it was two years.
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 8:19 am

I keep clicking on these threads expecting to see a serious analysis of who's staying and who's going. Then I see Blair's name and it's *exit thread*.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 9:24 am

8 more games than Millane, 9 more for the 'pies than Clement. What's your concern, David?
Big T 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 10:27 am

Pies4shaw wrote:
8 more games than Millane, 9 more for the 'pies than Clement. What's your concern, David?

That's SA depressing indictment on our past 6 seasons if true...

El Popo 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 11:09 am

Obivious delistings are
Oxley - no 2017 games, injured ?
Smith - 13 games out of favor - averaged 82 Fantasy
Sier - no games, injury prone ?

Debateable delistings
Blair - 12 games - 11 goals averaged 53 Fantasy - plenty of potential replacements - Brown/Daicos/Kirby
Ramsey - 8 games -Avge 57 Fantasy out of favor but has potential/upside

Potential trades
Aish 8 games - work in progress - averaged 62 Fantasy
Broomhead - 14 games 9 averaged 64 Fantasy

I understand both Keeffe and Josh Thomas are restricted free agents and can't be traded.

sportingtragic 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 11:18 am

El Popo wrote:
Obivious delistings are
Oxley - no 2017 games, injured ?
Smith - 13 games out of favor - averaged 82 Fantasy
Sier - no games, injury prone ?

Debateable delistings
Blair - 12 games - 11 goals averaged 53 Fantasy - plenty of potential replacements - Brown/Daicos/Kirby
Ramsey - 8 games -Avge 57 Fantasy out of favor but has potential/upside

Potential trades
Aish 8 games - work in progress - averaged 62 Fantasy
Broomhead - 14 games 9 averaged 64 Fantasy

I understand both Keeffe and Josh Thomas are restricted free agents and can't be traded.

I've seen it all now. Dream team points determining list management. Spare me.
burnsy17 Virgo

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 11:38 am

^^

LOL

Member 7167 Leo

"What Good Fortune For Governments That The People Do Not Think" - Adolf Hitler.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 1:21 pm

Dave The Man wrote:

You and many others have a lot a disrespect for this guy. He has always been a guy with limited talent who gave his all. So far he has played 155 games for the Black & White and is seen as a player just outside of our first 22 - 26 picked but gets a regular game due to injuries. He well exceeds the average number of games played and year employed at an AFL club.

Chances are that he will still be a fill in player next year. I personally hope he isn't due to the development of new talent.

masoncox 

masoncox

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 1:49 pm

Member 7167 wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:

You and many others have a lot a disrespect for this guy. He has always been a guy with limited talent who gave his all. So far he has played 155 games for the Black & White and is seen as a player just outside of our first 22 - 26 picked but gets a regular game due to injuries. He well exceeds the average number of games played and year employed at an AFL club.

Chances are that he will still be a fill in player next year. I personally hope he isn't due to the development of new talent.

He played 120 games too many. It is why the club is in such dire straights. Picking Mr Nice guy ahead of developing new talent. For a forward he averaged about 14 goals per year for the last 5 or so years. Look down the road to Melbourne Storm.
What a great professional club, their player development year in year out is outstanding. Yet year in year out the talentless get a run at Collingwood because they toe the line and are great trainers.
Invigoration 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 2:58 pm

masoncox wrote:
Member 7167 wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:

He played 120 games too many. It is why the club is in such dire straights. Picking Mr Nice guy ahead of developing new talent. For a forward he averaged about 14 goals per year for the last 5 or so years. Look down the road to Melbourne Storm.
What a great professional club, their player development year in year out is outstanding. Yet year in year out the talentless get a run at Collingwood because they toe the line and are great trainers.

God what a crock of shit Rolling Eyes He's been in our best 22 available more often than not the last 8 years.

You would've been one of the people saying we should've been selecting Kirby ahead of him half way through the year when Kirby couldn't run our half a quarter let alone half a game.

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 2:59 pm

Sorry my eye is not attached right now.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: