Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Seedsman was pretty damn good last night! Get him back?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Redlight 

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 8:11 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

BucksIsFutureCoach wrote:
I actually think we're not far off. If Richmond can win it this year without any key forwards and no second ruck, we can win it next year. Agree no more Mayne deals. More defensive pressure on the ball carrier and fewer defensive errors I can see us having a very good 2018.

It feels pretty even in the past couple of years. The big question for me is whether GWS (and GC) ever make good on the promise of the list they were gifted. Given the state of the comp, if the GWS actually click, they could win five in a row. If they don't, it could continue to be a complete raffle for the foreseeable future.
Piethagoras' Theorem Taurus

the hypotenuse, is always a cakewalk

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 9:35 pm

Gone from chocolates to boiled lollies in one week. Not surprising
burnsy17 Virgo

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 11:22 pm

Poor Les...
Invigoration 

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 1:46 am

Good to see him go to water when it mattered.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 8:08 am

I didn't think he did. He was one of the few Crows who didn't cough the ball up and fail to stick tackles. It's true that the entire Adelaide team failed to cope with the pressure but I didn't think he was one of the culprits. When the heaviest scoring team in the competition kicks 1 goal in 2 quarters of football, I don't think everyone turns and points at the 21st-picked player. if I was Pyke, I would be thinking carefully about whether Jenkins and Douglas should ever play again but I would be thinking that Seedsman played a good, solid game in adverse circumstances.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 8:16 am

I agree. Adelaide looked cooked, obviously carrying some injuries, it happens. Well done Seeds.
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 9:20 am

I agree with the thoughts of Pies4shaw. Seedsman was one of the few good Crows. Jake Kelly unfortunately was poor together with half of the rest of the team. The Crouch brothers were fantastic. Sloane was ok. That was about it.
MJ23 

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 10:55 am

Pies4shaw wrote:
I didn't think he did. He was one of the few Crows who didn't cough the ball up and fail to stick tackles. It's true that the entire Adelaide team failed to cope with the pressure but I didn't think he was one of the culprits. When the heaviest scoring team in the competition kicks 1 goal in 2 quarters of football, I don't think everyone turns and points at the 21st-picked player. if I was Pyke, I would be thinking carefully about whether Jenkins and Douglas should ever play again but I would be thinking that Seedsman played a good, solid game in adverse circumstances.

He was ok early, and I mean just ok. Plenty of non contested stuff. Just 4 contested possessions and they were mainly panicked habdballs that went to a team mates feet. Watched him get pushed / bumped after the contest and not once did he push back. In fact at a break after he was pushed crouch stepped in to defend him.
He got softer as the game went on.
Needs the game on his own terms. A great user of the ball when his team is on top and he can run straight lines from behind the ball.
Couldn't run him through the middle like Maynard.
I think he is a poor man's Wilson from GWS. Wilson will play 200 games. Seedsman won't.

masoncox 

masoncox

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 11:58 am

He is an outside player and run and carry player. They didn't get the ball to him enough. Got 15 disposals and was ok. Much much better than what Blair got in 2011 GF.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 12:35 pm

MJ23 wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:

He was ok early, and I mean just ok. Plenty of non contested stuff. Just 4 contested possessions and they were mainly panicked habdballs that went to a team mates feet. Watched him get pushed / bumped after the contest and not once did he push back. In fact at a break after he was pushed crouch stepped in to defend him.
He got softer as the game went on.
Needs the game on his own terms. A great user of the ball when his team is on top and he can run straight lines from behind the ball.
Couldn't run him through the middle like Maynard.
I think he is a poor man's Wilson from GWS. Wilson will play 200 games. Seedsman won't.

He's no star and I don't want him back but I thought he did what he could, within his limits. Grand Finals are won by people performing to their ability - and lost by players not turning up on the day. Seedsman was in the former category yesterday but there were too many other Crows in the latter. Seedsman was never going to win them the flag but quite a few of the players we thought might have done so simply didn't clock on.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 2:45 pm

THe Seeds was a helluva lot better than that useless big sod, the Texan, Walker was friggin hopeless, all day, Rance pantsed him.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 4:40 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
THe Seeds was a helluva lot better than that useless big sod, the Texan, Walker was friggin hopeless, all day, Rance pantsed him.

Oh Rance pantses bloody every bloke he plays on; delivery to Walker must be lace out on the lead from 40-50M for him to be effective. That type of delivery simply wasn't allowed yesterday; kudos to Hardwick for that midfield tactic.

burnsy17 wrote:
Poor Les...

Yeah, let's see if O'Brien can come out and blame this on Collingwood too.

Mossi Leo

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 5:12 pm

piedys wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:

Oh Rance pantses bloody every bloke he plays on; delivery to Walker must be lace out on the lead from 40-50M for him to be effective. That type of delivery simply wasn't allowed yesterday; kudos to Hardwick for that midfield tactic.

burnsy17 wrote:
Poor Les...

Yeah, let's see if O'Brien can come out and blame this on Collingwood too.

And Carecella!
piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 5:42 pm

Mossi wrote:
piedys wrote:
kudos to Hardwick for that midfield tactic.

And Carecella!

Perhaps; seems where he and Balme go, premierships soon follow...

Piethagoras' Theorem Taurus

the hypotenuse, is always a cakewalk

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 5:12 pm

Piesnchess wrote:

are you saying Walker was Rance pantsed? Laughing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7   

Jump to: