Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Seedsman was pretty damn good last night! Get him back?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 12:04 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Damien wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
Damien wrote:
I hope the Tiges win. Les is a one good game in every season man. He's had his GF already.

IF you heard the way that fat fart Molloy has been laughing for years at the Pies GF losses, said his GF highlight was Roccas disallowed goal, in 2002, cos it cost us the GF, laughed his $£$%^%%$ head off the other night, about it, you would be hoping like the vast majority of us for a big Crows smashing victory. Confused Surprised

I love Micky. Well aware of his banter. And many of my best mates are all long suffering Tigers who have stuck fat. It's like when we won 90. Break the drought and then we can go back to hating them. I wish them well. If it was Carlton or Essendon; now that would be different.

LOVE Molloy, ?? catch the news sunshine, if we make a GF and lose, he will be dancing in the streets, wanking himself silly on radio and tele, get real, hes a Pie hater No. 1, don't be so naïve, he could not give a rats ass if our club folded either, Surprised

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Damien Aquarius

Me Noah & Flynn @ the G

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 1:52 pm

He's a funny bastard... and I'm too old to sweat the small stuff champ.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 2:22 pm

^^ Fair enough mate, I just don't like seeing our club humiliated and poked fun at like that, I have copped far too much of that kinda unfunny shit for a long time, over the years. Far too much.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:26 am

They haven't reached a Grand Final since Bartlett was playing, so I think a little slack should be cut - they've only had humour (and spitting on the heads of their players after games) to get them through what must have been a difficult period.
3rd degree Aries

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 11:42 am

Always liked the Seed hope he gets a flag on Saturday.

www.facebook/the hybernators
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 12:47 pm

Damien wrote:
He's a funny bastard... and I'm too old to sweat the small stuff champ.

The only time I find him funny is when he's sooking it up after a Richmond loss.

The rest of the time he's a petulant child wrapped in a wannabe try hard douche nozzle.

Geek 

geek

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 5:06 pm

E wrote:
John LEWIN wrote:
Can't believe what I'm reading over and over again that "we cut him" "we moved him on". He asked to go!! Why misrepresent the facts??? Yes,he said he asked because he wasn't getting a game after the Anzac Day blinder and he may be the player his critics claim but they are different facts and opinions to the simple fact he wanted out, not the other way around. Facts help!

pretty sure the facts will show that after a season in which he was unable to get games for collingwood (and being told he is unlikely to get many AFL games going forward), he asked for a trade so that he could have a shot at being an AFL footy player. i'd hardly compare that to a required best 22 player like Dayne Beams asking out.

he wasnt trading collingwood for another team. He was trading the end of his AFL career, for a shot at an AFL career.

Pretty cruel to accuse him of wrong doing. Afterall, its only wrong in hindsight now that he has shown glimpses of the good play he showed for us but too inconsistently and he looks like converting that into a brownlow.

PS: the fact that he might play in apremership doesnt mean the decision to let him go was wrong. Every premiership team has a 22nd player and most of them get a game because of their skillset relative to the needs of the team. they might not get a game in 12 of the 18 other teams. he is that guy.

https://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/pg-adelaide-crows--paul-seedsman?year=2015

The facts show that after winning the ANZAC Medal, he played 7 of the next 8 games (round 12 was a bye), missing round 6 due to "a minor injury" from the Carlton game in round 5 (https://sportsmatt.wordpress.com/2015/05/06/afl-round-6-collingwood-vs-geelong-match-preview/). Hardly "not getting a game".

Of the 7 games he played, he was subbed on in one game and subbed off in another for being a bit putrid. He averaged 15 disposals, 3 marks and 2.1 tackles, playing rebounding half back. He kicked 2 goals over the 2 month period.

Basically, his output and form didn't warrant automatic selection. Here's a few notes about his performances that year:

http://www.aflplayerratings.com.au/Ratings/Player/116624/Paul-SEEDSMAN

I recall at the time thinking that he had been worked out a bit, especially how he liked to use his sidestep. He'd had a few nice weeks after ANZAC Day, getting 20+ touches a few weeks running and we looked a lot better for it. But with so few runners at our disposal, shutting down Seedsman (a pretty easy task at the time) went a long way to shutting down Collingwood).

Good on him though for getting himself right for finals this year and good on him if he takes his chance. He was a Pies fan as a kid and that makes him family. He wore the jumper as well as his talents and application allowed him. He did us proud on ANZAC Day and I hope he gets a premier's medal on Saturday too
K 

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:48 pm

Some Seedsman quotes from

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/more-news/lifelong-collingwood-supporter-paul-seedsman-explains-how-he-fell-out-of-love-with-the-mag

Quote:

“I sort of just fell out of favour,” Seedsman said.

“I played one game in the back end of that year, so I worked out pretty quickly the direction the club was going.

“At the time they’d offered me a couple of years and I said, ‘I want to know where I sit first before I commit’.”

“There’s not much more to say on that. There’s a little bit behind the scenes with a few people not seeing eye-to-eye, but that’s football,” he said.

“The two years before that I’d lost enjoyment as well. A few of my really good mates had been let go or traded away.

With Heath Shaw and Beamsy (Dayne Beams) going, a lot of my tight connections had sort of gone and I was getting a bit frustrated in there.

“I looked at it and thought, ‘Do I want to put myself through another couple of years of this, and at the end of it there’s no guarantee I’ll have a football career, or do I seek a fresh start?”

“It was mixed messages,” he said.

I never really knew exactly what was needed (to get selected). It sort of chopped and changed, which was where some of the frustration would come from.

“You’d do one thing and during the week you’re told to do something else. I really couldn’t tell you to be honest, it jumped around a bit and it’s a tough question to answer.”

I’m a laid-back character and they [Adelaide] just accepted me for who I was right from the word go, whereas at Collingwood at times that was seen as lazy and disinterested,” Seedsman said.

“He [Buckley] was a bit different. He was very intense and at times we saw things differently,” Seedsman said.

“Whether he was right or whether I was right, it didn’t matter. We didn’t see eye-to-eye on decisions, but it works for some people and it doesn’t work for others."

“He was obviously a very intense and professional player — and an amazing player — and he sort of took all those traits into coaching.
“So he was just very intense for me.”

Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 11:59 pm

Yes, K, i just read this article, and it unfortunately has confirmed my worst fears about Buckley. Seedsman has stated that he did not really understand what was required to get selected. In other words., it wasn't just posters here on Nicks who were confused by our selection choices. It was the players as well. Here is Seedsman's account of his experience:
“You’d do one thing and during the week you’re told to do something else. I really couldn’t tell you to be honest, it jumped around a bit and it’s a tough question to answer.”

Seedsman says that he did not know where he stood in regard to his future at Collingwood, because the messages were so mixed. This anxiety and the fact that his best mates (Heath Shaw and Dayne Beams) had left the club, were enough for him to seek his future elsewhere.

This article really disturbs me, because it kind of expresses what I feared was happening behind the scenes, but hoped wasn't.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 7:47 am

Good lucks seeds, smash em!
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 9:02 am

Magpietothemax wrote:
Yes, K, i just read this article, and it unfortunately has confirmed my worst fears about Buckley. Seedsman has stated that he did not really understand what was required to get selected. In other words., it wasn't just posters here on Nicks who were confused by our selection choices. It was the players as well. Here is Seedsman's account of his experience:

Seedsman says that he did not know where he stood in regard to his future at Collingwood, because the messages were so mixed. This anxiety and the fact that his best mates (Heath Shaw and Dayne Beams) had left the club, were enough for him to seek his future elsewhere.

This article really disturbs me, because it kind of expresses what I feared was happening behind the scenes, but hoped wasn't.

You can't extrapolate the experiences of one player and draw any conclusions about the senior coach. If all the players said the same things as Seedsman you would think there was a problem with the senior coach. Reality says some players click with the coach and some don't. Players like Scotland didn't click with Malthouse and went on to have useful careers with other clubs. Vickery hasn't clicked with Clarkson. I think with Seedsman it was a maturity issue with the player that has been sorted out under a new coach in a different environment. The positions could have been reversed with Seedsman drafted by Adelaide and failing to fire and picked up by Collingwood and now enjoying his second playing career with us. Timing and good fortune is just as important as talent (every AFL footballer has talent) in an AFL footballer's career.
Cruisinwithdids 

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 9:29 am

It's not what you want to hear about the coach, when it looks as if he has difficulty managing people who are different to him. This has been costly for the club. No player who is at the club will speak ill of the coach - they have a career to protect. Most who leave however have either nothing, or nothing good to say about Buckley.
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 9:33 am

Cruisinwithdids wrote:
It's not what you want to hear about the coach, when it looks as if he has difficulty managing people who are different to him. This has been costly for the club. No player who is at the club will speak ill of the coach - they have a career to protect. Most who leave however have either nothing, or nothing good to say about Buckley.

Listen to the way Pendles, Adams, Treloar, Howe and Sidey talk about their coach. You can't fake that.
masoncox 

masoncox

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 9:40 am

BucksIsFutureCoach wrote:
Cruisinwithdids wrote:

Listen to the way Pendles, Adams, Treloar, Howe and Sidey talk about their coach. You can't fake that.

Tell that to Meg Ryan in the movie when Harry met Sally.
Oh yes, oh yes!!!!!!
MJ23 

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 2:27 pm

I've let this go for a while but the statements from seeds are not exactly honest and are one sided.
He moved to Adelaide with Stubbs who was on our list and a good mate of his. They moved there together and Stubbs spent a year in the SANFL.
Seedsman was not "doing everything he should or could" off the field.
Moving out of the state was probably better for him than just going to the crows.
There's a bit unsaid there as I don't know every detail but enough that I wasn't unhappy about him leaving with the kids we had recruited.

Good luck to him, I actually want the crows to win today but don't think they will.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 4 of 7   

Jump to: