Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Seedsman was pretty damn good last night! Get him back?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Damien Aquarius

Me Noah & Flynn @ the G

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 4:32 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Amazing how some On here can turn any subject around to be an anti-Bucks discussion. The guy was/is incredibly inconsistent and has a massive gap between his worst and best (which he very rarely showed by the way) that's why we cut him. No regrets here. He might become a Premiership player and good luck to him but I hope the Tigers spoil his party. His departure hasn't hurt us one bit. Wellingham the same.
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 4:49 pm

Espically he was Part of the Howe Trade and Wellngham Pick Turned into Brodie Grundy
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 5:53 pm

There may be a couple but can't you just ignore them? Fine game by the lad. He needed to move on. There's no harm in acknowledging he did well - it isn't like he's playing for Carlton.
piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 2:44 pm

Damien wrote:
Amazing how some On here can turn any subject around to be an anti-Bucks discussion. The guy was/is incredibly inconsistent and has a massive gap between his worst and best (which he very rarely showed by the way) that's why we cut him. No regrets here. He might become a Premiership player and good luck to him but I hope the Tigers spoil his party. His departure hasn't hurt us one bit. Wellingham the same.

Looks like he is going to do a "Brett James" on us with the Crows, ala 1997....

John LEWIN 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 6:14 pm

Can't believe what I'm reading over and over again that "we cut him" "we moved him on". He asked to go!! Why misrepresent the facts??? Yes,he said he asked because he wasn't getting a game after the Anzac Day blinder and he may be the player his critics claim but they are different facts and opinions to the simple fact he wanted out, not the other way around. Facts help!
Collingwood Crackerjack 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 6:24 pm

Member 7167 wrote:
Much of the limitation placed on Seedman were his own driven by his own poor attitude to training and the need to be a party boy. The chances are that he sees Adelaide as his last chance and he is making effort to succeed that was lacking during his time at the Pies

Pretty hard to be a party boy in Adelaide isn't it? Wink

© Collingwood Crackerjack, 1992
Collingwood Crackerjack 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 6:25 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
He did well, really well, ;pity he never showed that with us, a party boy, looks like the crows have straightened him out, good n proper.

Don't know about all that, I remember a few games where he clearly showed he belong, one game up in Sydney in particular (may have been 2012) where he almost single handedly won us the game

© Collingwood Crackerjack, 1992
Woods Of Ypres 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 7:35 pm

E, why do u create a new thread every time an ex-player has a decent game ffs
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 7:38 pm

I hope the SEEDS takes home the Norm Smith, cos that means the Crows have beaten the Filth. !!

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Damien Aquarius

Me Noah & Flynn @ the G

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 8:01 pm

I hope the Tiges win. Les is a one good game in every season man. He's had his GF already.
WarrenerraW 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 8:25 pm

Who cares; he doesn't play for us anymore and we need to let it go. Why he went is beyond me and I simply couldn't care less. Good luck to him at the Crows and I hope he plays a significant role in pissing on bitchmond's parade on Saturday. Go Crows!!!
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 8:46 pm

Damien wrote:
I hope the Tiges win. Les is a one good game in every season man. He's had his GF already.

IF you heard the way that fat fart Molloy has been laughing for years at the Pies GF losses, said his GF highlight was Roccas disallowed goal, in 2002, cos it cost us the GF, laughed his $£$%^%%$ head off the other night, about it, you would be hoping like the vast majority of us for a big Crows smashing victory. Confused Surprised

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Damien Aquarius

Me Noah & Flynn @ the G

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:50 pm

I love Micky. Well aware of his banter. And many of my best mates are all long suffering Tigers who have stuck fat. It's like when we won 90. Break the drought and then we can go back to hating them. I wish them well. If it was Carlton or Essendon; now that would be different.
Redlight 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:39 pm

I've moved into the hate Molloy camp because of that same comment, I'm hoping the karma bus runs him over.
E 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 2:07 am

John LEWIN wrote:
Can't believe what I'm reading over and over again that "we cut him" "we moved him on". He asked to go!! Why misrepresent the facts??? Yes,he said he asked because he wasn't getting a game after the Anzac Day blinder and he may be the player his critics claim but they are different facts and opinions to the simple fact he wanted out, not the other way around. Facts help!

pretty sure the facts will show that after a season in which he was unable to get games for collingwood (and being told he is unlikely to get many AFL games going forward), he asked for a trade so that he could have a shot at being an AFL footy player. i'd hardly compare that to a required best 22 player like Dayne Beams asking out.

he wasnt trading collingwood for another team. He was trading the end of his AFL career, for a shot at an AFL career.

Pretty cruel to accuse him of wrong doing. Afterall, its only wrong in hindsight now that he has shown glimpses of the good play he showed for us but too inconsistently and he looks like converting that into a brownlow.

PS: the fact that he might play in apremership doesnt mean the decision to let him go was wrong. Every premiership team has a 22nd player and most of them get a game because of their skillset relative to the needs of the team. they might not get a game in 12 of the 18 other teams. he is that guy.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 3 of 7   

Jump to: