Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Here we go again....

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
slangman 

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:51 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

MOTR wrote:
slangman wrote:
Heritier is an absolute FLOG!!!

He seems to be struggling with the lack of attention after his football career ended.

Im a white middle aged man of European origin and I could point out numerous instances of racism and sexism that I have had to endure over the years. Most people just go on and live their life, others however feel like that is what defines their existence.

Bring back Harry.

I haven't really been following this debate, but when white men start equating their experiences of racism with that experienced by the black community, you can start to see what Harry is up against.

Thats passively racist. Dismissing me and my opinion based on the colour of my skin.

....racism is not colour specific and anyone who makes it so, is a racist.

Collingwood Crackerjack 

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 10:24 am

Read the whole thing....couldn't he have just tweeted 'Waleed Aly is an Uncle Tom' and saved us all the bother?

Collingwood Crackerjack, 1992
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 10:26 am

Sorry I don't have access to that document.
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 10:33 am

slangman wrote:
MOTR wrote:
slangman wrote:

He seems to be struggling with the lack of attention after his football career ended.

Im a white middle aged man of European origin and I could point out numerous instances of racism and sexism that I have had to endure over the years. Most people just go on and live their life, others however feel like that is what defines their existence.

Bring back Harry.

I haven't really been following this debate, but when white men start equating their experiences of racism with that experienced by the black community, you can start to see what Harry is up against.

Thats passively racist. Dismissing me and my opinion based on the colour of my skin.

....racism is not colour specific and anyone who makes it so, is a racist.

Oh dear.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 10:39 am

MOTR wrote:
slangman wrote:

Bring back Harry.

Welcome aboard. This is mostly lets go H thread without exploring issues he has raised (this was occurring in another thread the Mods closed).

Last time most of the comments were simply denigrating of H with a long list of insults. The same is beginning to occur here too. It's not that H doesn't give opportunity for this to occur but the issues he raises are generally not discussed, without generally some level of abuse directed at him

slangman 

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 10:43 am

watt price tully wrote:
MOTR wrote:
slangman wrote:

Bring back Harry.

Welcome aboard. This is mostly lets go H thread without exploring issues he has raised (this was occurring in another thread the Mods closed).

Last time most of the comments were simply denigrating of H with a long list of insults. The same is beginning to occur here too. It's not that H doesn't give opportunity for this to occur but the issues he raises are generally not discussed, without generally some level of abuse directed at him

WPT do you think racism is colour specific?....

MJ23 

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 10:55 am

Stand by comments in previous thread except with less doubt about suspicions.
Shame really, probably could have created good discussion within the AFL community.
Fact that no serious media ran with it any length of times talked volumes and probably why he's trying to attract attention.
I just don't believe him or I believe the club.
He's not going to be the mesiah he sees himself as. Lashing out now.

Leggie Aries

Bucks for PM.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 11:21 am

I just get the feeling there is some truth in his story splattered with alot of bullshit.
droversdog65 

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 11:44 am

slangman wrote:
watt price tully wrote:
MOTR wrote:
slangman wrote:

Bring back Harry.

Slangman do you think racism is hiding under every rock with a stiletto poised?
From your posts you sound so.
slangman 

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 12:14 pm

droversdog65 wrote:
slangman wrote:
watt price tully wrote:
MOTR wrote:
slangman wrote:

Bring back Harry.

Depends whether the stiletto is on the foot or in the hand!!! 😉
I have experienced and witnessed racism and do not buy into the fact that its totally colour specific. Denigrating someones perceived racist treatment based on colour is as racist as it gets.
I have never dismissed Heritiers claim of being nicknamed chimp, nor have I ever denigrated him or his comments based on his colour.
Im just perplexed about the way hes raised it, his motives and his insistence of not among the players (who after all where the ones who gave him that nickname) whilst dragging the club and Buckley through the mud when as far as Im aware, they were not aware of this name.
Happy to name and shame Bucks and the club, but not his teammates.
Whats his real agenda?

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 12:20 pm

slangman wrote:
watt price tully wrote:
MOTR wrote:
slangman wrote:

Bring back Harry.

Generally speaking using that line of argument in this context is seriouly missing the point. "Waddabout me ism" is a spurious argument at the best of times & serves to miss any discussion of H's views but yet again is a vehicle to attack H especially when preceeded with words like let me see....flog...etc. Denigrating labels etc.

Piethagoras' Theorem Taurus

the hypotenuse, is always a cakewalk

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 12:33 pm

Perhaps, after 8 attempts, Rudeboy can make his last comment on the matter?

Razz

droversdog65 

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 12:39 pm

slangman wrote:
droversdog65 wrote:
slangman wrote:
watt price tully wrote:
MOTR wrote:
slangman wrote:

Bring back Harry.

Depends whether the stiletto is on the foot or in the hand!!! 😉
I have experienced and witnessed racism and do not buy into the fact that its totally colour specific. Denigrating someones perceived racist treatment based on colour is as racist as it gets.
I have never dismissed Heritiers claim of being nicknamed chimp, nor have I ever denigrated him or his comments based on his colour.
Im just perplexed about the way hes raised it, his motives and his insistence of not among the players (who after all where the ones who gave him that nickname) whilst dragging the club and Buckley through the mud when as far as Im aware, they were not aware of this name.
Happy to name and shame Bucks and the club, but not his teammates.
Whats his real agenda?

It's always hard to tell what the agenda is when the racist card is played, it draws extreme views from both sides and clouds reason.
Bleedblackanwhite 

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 12:46 pm

H had an opportunity to turn this into a healthy debate, but he has chosen to isolate himself and hijack the agenda with his erratic display of extremist political view.
How he can jump on the white supremacy band wagon is utterly disgraceful, last time I checked he ended up playing his chosen sport at the elit level, playing for 2 clubs and winning a flag.
I'm not disputing there isn't racism in any community but to make it out like it's an epidemic and prevalent is just simply not true. The facts and figures speak for themselves.
He needs help.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 1:59 pm

FrankieGoesToCollingwood wrote:
Perhaps, after 8 attempts, Rudeboy can make his last comment on the matter?

Razz

Eh, that was my line in the previous thread.

I noted words to the effect that this will be my final post on the matter......

.....till my next post.... Wink

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5   

Jump to: