Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Jack Watts (to Port Adelaide confirmed)

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Other AFL

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
glasseyevfx 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 1:45 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

He seems to have motivational issues around the demons - With Howe and Dunn in the side I imagine we would have more insight than most as to his situation.
He seems to me to be a sideways trade rather than an improvement but the club would know better than any of us and most of the competition.

3rd degree Aries

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 1:47 pm

please no not this smug tool!

www.facebook/the hybernators
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 2:15 pm

Our biggest issue is a lack of pace and poor defensive pressure in our own forward line. Watts does not solve those problems.
That's why Blair is still getting a game and why Mayne was recruited.
We would have more chance of seeing Watts and Mayne together in the twos than in the firsts. So just when you thought our club couldn't look any worse, that potential scenario would tip this forum over the top.

Ironically, no one had any love for Motlop two weeks ago but he has at least shown that he can perform well against good opposition on a big stage over the last two weeks.
We need pace and has it. I would much rather Motlop than Watts.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 2:32 pm

On Watts, the jury is out for me, I just dunno, but I am prepared to be persuaded on him, by some logical reasons just HOW he would help our cause. How then ??

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 2:33 pm

Pies2016 wrote:
Our biggest issue is a lack of pace and poor defensive pressure in our own forward line. Watts does not solve those problems.
That's why Blair is still getting a game and why Mayne was recruited.
We would have more chance of seeing Watts and Mayne together in the twos than in the firsts. So just when you thought our club couldn't look any worse, that potential scenario would tip this forum over the top.

Ironically, no one had any love for Motlop two weeks ago but he has at least shown that he can perform well against good opposition on a big stage over the last two weeks.
We need pace and has it. I would much rather Motlop than Watts.

Watt's would Add a Player that can Actually give good Delivery to the Forward Line

Adam Treloar 3 Votes 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 3:43 pm

I have previously posted on this thread that I wasn't in favour but reading a few of the latter posts with the rumour that only a swap of first round draft picks 6 & 10 would be required to get him.

If that's true then I would take that. That is basically getting him for free. I agree with DTM and I assume the role the Pies have for him is possibly off a half forward flank pushing up the ground as a marking option as we move ball from our defense and as a good distributor into our forward line. His disposal skills are very good.

However, i would be very surprised if the demons traded him for such a low return.

BBHS Cancer

bbhs

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 4:08 pm

He's and elite kick and an elite sook. There's plenty of x-factor there.
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 4:43 pm

Adam Treloar 3 Votes wrote:

However, i would be very surprised if the demons traded him for such a low return.

Agree. Demons won't give him away Cheaply and we lack a 2nd Round Pick that I think Needed in this Possible Trade

swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:00 pm

The fact that Watts himself came out and said he'd like to remain at Melbourne the other day shows that he doesn't have the fire in the belly to push himself to the next level IMO and he'd rather stay in his comfort zone at Melbourne.

In a lot of ways he reminds me of that other former No.1 pick in Josh Fraser.

Both have that laconic nature and lack genuine physicality for the contest all to often which has seen them not make the most of the aerobic gifts both possess.

The only possible reasoning I could see for Watts is if the trade price is low and we are getting Teague (Adelaide forward line coach) who'll try and get him to play a Lynch type role for us.

5 from the wing on debut 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:29 pm

Adam Treloar 3 Votes wrote:
I have previously posted on this thread that I wasn't in favour but reading a few of the latter posts with the rumour that only a swap of first round draft picks 6 & 10 would be required to get him.

If that's true then I would take that. That is basically getting him for free. I agree with DTM and I assume the role the Pies have for him is possibly off a half forward flank pushing up the ground as a marking option as we move ball from our defense and as a good distributor into our forward line. His disposal skills are very good.

perhaps they are more concerned with clearing space for Lever ?
Invigoration 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:11 pm

Pies2016 wrote:
Remind me, is this the guy who copped a public dressing down from his coach for not being fit enough to play seniors in round one. Was he the same guy who was dropped twice through the season for not meeting the standard required on and off the field.

Seriously, why would we even consider throwing a life line to yet another list clogger looking for his last fat contract before riding off into the sunset.
I'm over picking up flawed players that only improve our list profile but not our chances of winning a game a footy.

He's best 22 in a better team than our current one...

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:22 pm

Swap Mayne for Watts. ????? LOL

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:54 pm

FrankieGoesToCollingwood wrote:
Pies2016 wrote:
Remind me, is this the guy who copped a public dressing down from his coach for not being fit enough to play seniors in round one. Was he the same guy who was dropped twice through the season for not meeting the standard required on and off the field.

Seriously, why would we even consider throwing a life line to yet another list clogger looking for his last fat contract before riding off into the sunset.
I'm over picking up flawed players that only improve our list profile but not our chances of winning a game a footy.

Worse players have turned their careers around with a change of club.

That's true but at 27 ( in 2018 ) and close to 200 games under his belt, should we honestly expect any improvement or consistency from him going forward.
I'm ok with Watts at his best but it's just all to few and far between for mine.
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:07 pm

Seem longer it Goes the Stronger the Link Becomes
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:12 pm

Pies2016 wrote:
FrankieGoesToCollingwood wrote:
Pies2016 wrote:

Worse players have turned their careers around with a change of club.

That's true but at 27 ( in 2018 ) and close to 200 games under his belt, should we honestly expect any improvement or consistency from him going forward.
I'm ok with Watts at his best but it's just all to few and far between for mine.

Not advocating for Watts here, but both Lee Brown and Varcoe have comer over to us at a similar age and with similar inconsistency and delivered. It can happen, doesn't mean it will.

While I'm not a Watts fan, what he could bring would suit where the game is going. He's an upgrade on Jessie White, but we couldn't play 3 talls without having issues, so Watts may be in competition with Cox for the 2nd tall spot. Is that a smart investment? I'd prefer Stringer

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Other AFL All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 4 of 14   

Jump to: