Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Jack Watts (to Port Adelaide confirmed)

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Other AFL

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 8:39 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Remind me, is this the guy who copped a public dressing down from his coach for not being fit enough to play seniors in round one. Was he the same guy who was dropped twice through the season for not meeting the standard required on and off the field.

Seriously, why would we even consider throwing a life line to yet another list clogger looking for his last fat contract before riding off into the sunset.
I'm over picking up flawed players that only improve our list profile but not our chances of winning a game a footy.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 10:51 pm

Pies2016 wrote:
Remind me, is this the guy who copped a public dressing down from his coach for not being fit enough to play seniors in round one. Was he the same guy who was dropped twice through the season for not meeting the standard required on and off the field.

Seriously, why would we even consider throwing a life line to yet another list clogger looking for his last fat contract before riding off into the sunset.
I'm over picking up flawed players that only improve our list profile but not our chances of winning a game a footy.

I prefer Chris Mayne. Embarassed
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 11:10 pm

Pies2016 wrote:

It's also a guy who can kick straght (that's almost enough in itself to have him signed), who can mark, who is pretty fast who can handball & is a pretty decent player.

I don't think we've done too badly with our Melbourne trades so far. Although I'm still dirty on losing Henry Coles.

The same Dees coach thought Dunn wasn't up to scratch too. Go figure.

BEAMER09 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 11:12 pm

5 from the wing on debut wrote:
BEAMER09 wrote:
Worst Pick 1 in AFL/VFL history.
The guy is a SPUD!!!

Don't you remember Banik or Lounder?

I do and back in the late 80's when these 2 were drafted compared to what happens today with young players being drafted is poles apart.

Still is the worst by far.

E 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 12:10 am

BEAMER09 wrote:
BEAMER09 wrote:
The guy is a SPUD!!!

I do and back in the late 80's when these 2 were drafted compared to what happens today with young players being drafted is poles apart.

McCartin says hello.

Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 1:03 am

If we walked off with pick 10 and Watts, I think thats a very decent result.

Watts is a utility. He can kick the bloody thing better then most of our squad. He fits the age bracket. He'll become a better player at a new club. And to walk off still in possession of pick 10... it's a great deal.

Yes, I'd rather get Petracca from them, but thats dreamland. If this is a serious offer from Melbourne, take it.

Piethagoras' Theorem Taurus

the hypotenuse, is always a cakewalk

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 6:36 am

Pies2016 wrote:

Worse players have turned their careers around with a change of club.

Piethagoras' Theorem Taurus

the hypotenuse, is always a cakewalk

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 6:38 am

Raw Hammer wrote:
Pick 6 to Melb for Pick 10 and Watts.
That's the rumour.
Outside the top 4, the top 20 is relatively even. Apparently we're confident we'll get our man at pick 10. But watts? I dunno...

Take that and run!

MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:55 am

People are forgetting that Watts is no longer in Melbourne's best side. Their two forwards now are Hogan and Weiderman and even Weiderman is struggling for a game. I think we can do better than an exchange of pick 6 for pick 10. Melbourne should even be prepared to pay part of Watts salary. The underlining factor though should be that Buckley wants him. We have to avoid any more debacles where the senior coach says one thing and the football manager says another. The senior coach must outrank everybody else on trading decisions (and leave drafting U18 players to the recruiting manager).
BEAMER09 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 11:38 am

E wrote:
BEAMER09 wrote:
BEAMER09 wrote:
The guy is a SPUD!!!

McCartin says hello.

And I would say welcome to Collingwood. He has been unfortunate with concussion (attacking the ball) and I'd have him any day. What' s SPUDs excuse?

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 11:39 am

BucksIsFutureCoach wrote:
People are forgetting that Watts is no longer in Melbourne's best side. Their two forwards now are Hogan and Weiderman and even Weiderman is struggling for a game. I think we can do better than an exchange of pick 6 for pick 10. Melbourne should even be prepared to pay part of Watts salary. The underlining factor though should be that Buckley wants him. We have to avoid any more debacles where the senior coach says one thing and the football manager says another. The senior coach must outrank everybody else on trading decisions (and leave drafting U18 players to the recruiting manager).

Coupla things.

1. Mayne's father has come out recently & indicated Bucks was an active part of Mayne coming to Collingwood. I have no idea if that is true but what would motivate Mayne's father to say that?

2. Weideman has not replaced Watts yet. Watts is clearly in their best 22 IMO - he kicked ? was it 4 against us in the Queens birthday round.

I'm not saying he's the best available but he brings some useful qualities and as others have noted sometimes a change of environment can do wonders.

3rd degree Aries

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 11:59 am

FrankieGoesToCollingwood wrote:
Raw Hammer wrote:
Pick 6 to Melb for Pick 10 and Watts.
That's the rumour.
Outside the top 4, the top 20 is relatively even. Apparently we're confident we'll get our man at pick 10. But watts? I dunno...

Take that and run!

The last time we did this draft tip we got Chris " Bricks" Egan and missed out on Jordan Lewis.

www.facebook/the hybernators
BBHS Cancer

bbhs

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 1:03 pm

^
The other last time we did this we missed out on Pavlich
Lazza 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 1:24 pm

Tannin wrote:
Adam Treloar 3 Votes wrote:
I admit that at the time I thought Mayne would be an improvement on Blair

But Mayne was an improvement on Blair. Four times better in fact. Three times this year Mayne did sweet FA for our side and kept a better, younger player out of the senior side. Blair did that 12 times.

I stand to be corrected and get egg all over my face (no big deal!!) but I reckon we will see a much improved Mayne next season. This is my hunch.

Seth 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 1:28 pm

Really we are going after Watts are we? This is the player to take us to the promised land? Gee whiz nothing would surprise me more with this club at the moment.

Of course if it all goes pear shaped our supercoach can just wipe his hands of any knowledge of the trades at a later time ala Mayne. "I know nusink!!"
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Other AFL All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 3 of 14   

Jump to: