Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Jack Watts (to Port Adelaide confirmed)

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Other AFL

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 5:22 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

BazBoy wrote:
Much is said of his not wanting to leave and also that it's inevitable

Been said Collingwood players have talked about joining Collingwood to him

The comfort factor of two ex teammates might ease his move

Perhaps Maxwell could have a wee chat with him.

WhyPhilWhy? 

WhyPhilWhy?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 5:30 pm

And tackle him to the floor when he walks in?
K 

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 5:34 pm

watt price tully wrote:
BazBoy wrote:
Much is said of his not wanting to leave and also that it's inevitable

Been said Collingwood players have talked about joining Collingwood to him

The comfort factor of two ex teammates might ease his move

Perhaps Maxwell could have a wee chat with him.

I thought it'd already been established that that is Joffa's job.
sixpoints 

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 5:49 pm

After checking out Port Adelaide earlier in the week, Jacky boy spent the day touring through Geelong's facilities and talking to all and sundry at the Cattery.
No sign yet of Watts doing a grand tour of our Holden Centre.
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 6:22 pm

Which has me puzzling over players selecting Bummers
Are we not seen as a destination club

What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 6:27 pm

BazBoy wrote:

I would be surprised to see Collingwood, Carlton and Hawthorn as destination clubs this year given the mess happening at the board level. Why would a player close a team where there is and has been turmoil at the board level.
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 6:30 pm

sixpoints wrote:
After checking out Port Adelaide earlier in the week, Jacky boy spent the day touring through Geelong's facilities and talking to all and sundry at the Cattery.
No sign yet of Watts doing a grand tour of our Holden Centre.

Cats must have an unlimited salary cap. Confused

they're into Ablett, Stringerand now Watts? They've got Hawkins up forward , Buzzard as a development tall and Stanley and Blicavs as tall mobiles, wtf would they do with Watts?

I'm not bothered that we aren't in the media spotlight, usually we're linked with everyone to drive up the price. I'd rather have less media and good results.

scoobydoo 

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 6:37 pm

What'sinaname wrote:
BazBoy wrote:

I would be surprised to see Collingwood, Carlton and Hawthorn as destination clubs this year given the mess happening at the board level. Why would a player close a team where there is and has been turmoil at the board level.

Turmoil at board level😂😂😂
Massive turmoil, upheaval
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 6:44 pm

We have turmoil at Board level? Confused Shocked
Collingwood Crackerjack 

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 6:49 pm

piedys wrote:
Born to Pie wrote:
Culprit wrote:
Jason McCartney was #1 pick and he was a better player after he left Collingwood.

Pick #4 1990 draft

We expected McCartney to go to Fitzroy, but they took David "Dennis" Donato; we were going to take Allen Jakovich. Wish we f&cking had done so instead.

There's a sliding doors moment for you.

Here's a hypothetical; do we win the final against St Kilda in 1992 with The Show Pony in our forward pocket?

Collingwood Crackerjack, 1992
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 7:42 pm

Culprit wrote:
Born to Pie wrote:
Culprit wrote:
Jason McCartney was #1 pick and he was a better player after he left Collingwood.

The thing that I like at the moment is there is nothing coming out of the club. Outside speculation and managers talking but alas the club is being very very quiet.

Pick #4 1990 draft
Ah the years kill the memory. Must have been our first pick. Still became a better player elsewhere.

james Cook was pick 2 that year the big Taswegian FF.

He wasn't a better player when Carlton moved him on apart from a brief burst at the dogs. Pick 1 was Stephen Hooper to Geelong. Played 21 games.

piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 9:23 pm

Collingwood Crackerjack wrote:
piedys wrote:
Born to Pie wrote:
Culprit wrote:

Pick #4 1990 draft

We expected McCartney to go to Fitzroy, but they took David "Dennis" Donato; we were going to take Allen Jakovich. Wish we f&cking had done so instead.

Here's a hypothetical; do we win the final against St Kilda in 1992 with The Show Pony in our forward pocket?

Good question CC; and one i've actually asked myself before.

Firstly, let's go back to late 1990, and piss ourselves stupid that Richmond thought Terry Keays was worth swapping their first draft pick for, allowing us to sneak into 4th place in the upcoming draft, in the biggest bounty of fool's gold we are ever likely to see in our lifetime.
And you can have Mrakov and Athas in the PSD for shit and giggles too. The 1991 May Mother's Day Massacre aside [cough, splutter], we did very well out of the deal indeed!

Secondly, let's go back to 1991. Jakovich's 2nd half to the season was off the charts, and Melbourne swept into the finals on his momentum.
Had we selected him, we would have made the top 6 with him firing as an immediate replacement for BT. He probably would have worn either #9 or perhaps 11. Not sure why the club thought Tarpey was going to do the job.

So by 1992, we've lost Millane, and our biggest losing margin was what 33 points to Carlton, of all our 6 losses. I reckon we win the May Centenary game for a start if Jakovich plays ahead of that shit thing Shane Watson.
That extra win would have been enough to see us sitting in either 1st or 2nd place, and not 3rd. And of course there would have been no Russo-gate finish at Vic Park against Melbourne, where he kicks Pert's arse.
Would he have been the difference in rolling Hawthorn in either losses? Dunno. Who else beat us on the siren in the H&A; oh, St.Kilda and Fitzroy.
So if Jakovich plays in 1992, we finish close to the top, and I can't see us not making the Prelim as a minimum that season. West Coast; what a farce.

Anyhow, had we still found ourselves facing St.Kilda at Waverley on that shit EF day [yes, I was there...], would Jakovich made the difference?
Unlikely; that game was lost in the midfield, and the backline couldn't repel all the ball coming in that frequently. The forward line did okay IIRC?
Needed an MCG QF to advance deep into September, which we would've, had we been able to secure another win during the H&A season, sabotaged by unbelievably biased umpiring in all of our close losses.

So the question is really: Would the presence of Jakovich halted or derailed the emergence of Rocca? Rocca was a revelation in the 2nd half of 1992, and went from strength to strength until the end of 1995. Most seasons after that he was very unpredictable from week to week.
Yet Jakovich was often injured in those later seasons at Melbourne, so allowing for that same injury run at Collingwood, perhaps those weeks would have been the window Rocca needed to make an impact.
Would have been a nice problem to have; guess we'll never know.

McCartney was serviceable during 1992, particularly in the final round against Adelaide at Vic Park; that was a classic game.
He would ultimately crack the shits with Matthews and leave at the end of 1995, ironically, Matthews would be out on his arse right behind him.

So thanks for that Fitzroy; glad you're gone.

E 

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 11:26 pm

piedys wrote:
Collingwood Crackerjack wrote:
piedys wrote:
Born to Pie wrote:
Culprit wrote:

Pick #4 1990 draft

Good question CC; and one i've actually asked myself before.

Firstly, let's go back to late 1990, and piss ourselves stupid that Richmond thought Terry Keays was worth swapping their first draft pick for, allowing us to sneak into 4th place in the upcoming draft, in the biggest bounty of fool's gold we are ever likely to see in our lifetime.
And you can have Mrakov and Athas in the PSD for shit and giggles too. The 1991 May Mother's Day Massacre aside [cough, splutter], we did very well out of the deal indeed!

Secondly, let's go back to 1991. Jakovich's 2nd half to the season was off the charts, and Melbourne swept into the finals on his momentum.
Had we selected him, we would have made the top 6 with him firing as an immediate replacement for BT. He probably would have worn either #9 or perhaps 11. Not sure why the club thought Tarpey was going to do the job.

So by 1992, we've lost Millane, and our biggest losing margin was what 33 points to Carlton, of all our 6 losses. I reckon we win the May Centenary game for a start if Jakovich plays ahead of that shit thing Shane Watson.
That extra win would have been enough to see us sitting in either 1st or 2nd place, and not 3rd. And of course there would have been no Russo-gate finish at Vic Park against Melbourne, where he kicks Pert's arse.
Would he have been the difference in rolling Hawthorn in either losses? Dunno. Who else beat us on the siren in the H&A; oh, St.Kilda and Fitzroy.
So if Jakovich plays in 1992, we finish close to the top, and I can't see us not making the Prelim as a minimum that season. West Coast; what a farce.

Anyhow, had we still found ourselves facing St.Kilda at Waverley on that shit EF day [yes, I was there...], would Jakovich made the difference?
Unlikely; that game was lost in the midfield, and the backline couldn't repel all the ball coming in that frequently. The forward line did okay IIRC?
Needed an MCG QF to advance deep into September, which we would've, had we been able to secure another win during the H&A season, sabotaged by unbelievably biased umpiring in all of our close losses.

So the question is really: Would the presence of Jakovich halted or derailed the emergence of Rocca? Rocca was a revelation in the 2nd half of 1992, and went from strength to strength until the end of 1995. Most seasons after that he was very unpredictable from week to week.
Yet Jakovich was often injured in those later seasons at Melbourne, so allowing for that same injury run at Collingwood, perhaps those weeks would have been the window Rocca needed to make an impact.
Would have been a nice problem to have; guess we'll never know.

McCartney was serviceable during 1992, particularly in the final round against Adelaide at Vic Park; that was a classic game.
He would ultimately crack the shits with Matthews and leave at the end of 1995, ironically, Matthews would be out on his arse right behind him.

So thanks for that Fitzroy; glad you're gone.

didnt we miss out on a double chance by percentage???? At the very least, i think Jakovitch might have helped us win games by more which might have done the tricvk.

Remember, even though percentage doesn't matter anymore due to the finals format, back then it mattered a LOT!

Piethagoras' Theorem Taurus

the hypotenuse, is always a cakewalk

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 6:27 am

oops, thought I was in the Jack Watts thread Embarassed
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 8:54 am

stui magpie wrote:
Culprit wrote:
Born to Pie wrote:
Culprit wrote:

The thing that I like at the moment is there is nothing coming out of the club. Outside speculation and managers talking but alas the club is being very very quiet.

Pick #4 1990 draft
Ah the years kill the memory. Must have been our first pick. Still became a better player elsewhere.

james Cook was pick 2 that year the big Taswegian FF.

Nah, that was the 1770 draft, we passed on that.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Other AFL All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 10 of 14   

Jump to: