Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Michael Talia

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
View previous topic :: View next topic  
5 from the wing on debut 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 11:26 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Albert Parker wrote:
I'm not sure what FGTC means, but I could tell you who the main source of distribution was within the club at the time and several names of those he regularly partied with on our list. No prizes for guessing who amongst them though.

You might also refer to Pert's comments about player behaviour in the off-season as a sign of the persistent problem that the club has had.

I don't think that Collingwood is unique in this respect. It's pretty clear that all clubs have had problems and would continue to. It's widespread in society and young blokes with cash, in high pressure roles and skin fold requirements are going to be attracted. The testing is pretty ineffective and players are generally pretty street smart. Not sure Ben Cousins ever tested positive, nor Lance Armstrong.

Armstrong was not known to be a "party" drug user in the sense that is being referred to here. Armstrong did test positive to a performance enhancing drug, EPO, but the positive result magically disappeared at about the same time that he made a donation to the UCI. Micro dosing defeated the tests on all other occasions. I am not aware of any AFL players testing positive to EPO but that drug is history as better, non detectable drugs are used in pro cycling now.I assume they are also used in sports other than cycling and athletics.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3   

Jump to: