Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Happy (Jewish) New Year

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 1:25 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

think positive wrote:
Wow, very interesting story, enjoy your holiday, cheers

Well despite being 83, Mum knocked up a beautful chicken soup, just tremendous and defatted. With kreplach - meat filled dumplings that sit in the soup.

Her recipe does not use onion, uses a whole large kosher chook, water, salt, a carrot, parsnip, dill added just as it's about to come to the boil, 1/4 celeriac. It has a golden clear hue about it. I can't ever replicate it but it was a winner last night.

Gave my brother a bottle of single malt scottish whiskey that I got for him from the airport back in June - smooth as a baby's bum. He also scored a 1.5 meter black mulberry tree in a pot that Mrs WPT rescued from one of her clients who bought it for his flat!! My brother lives in the country!!

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 6:26 pm

watt price tully wrote:
Mugwump wrote:
happy new year to you WPT. I love the sense of ancient ritual and meaning in Judaism and I hope you all have a peaceful and wam time with the family (while being on good terms with the cardiac surgeon !).

Cheers Mugwump.

These days it's being with family (a bit like Christmas - which will be at our place this year) - you know mixed marriages: my wife's an Essendon supporter. We still say the besssings before the meal & translate it (this year for my youngests boyfriend)

You married an ......
I'll never able to think of you the same way again

Pa Marmo 

Side by Side

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 6:47 pm

David wrote:
No worries! I was interested by your statement that it's an important day for Christians does your family celebrate any of the old Hebrew holy days? Mine placed them at the front and centre (making up for our lack of observance of Christmas and Easter, although our Passover rituals probably resembled some churches' Easter rites in their focus on the Last Supper). All except for Hanukkah perhaps they just wanted an excuse to not give us any presents, lol. Crying or Very sad

I have a bit of a different story David, I didn't become a Christian until 25 years of age, and up until not so long ago, it was believed I was the first in my clan to do so. I don't so much celebrate them (the holy days) but rather try to learn from them and their relevance to Christs life and ministry, as well as how they relate to his second coming. All of the jewish festivals and feasts are, or should be important to Christians as they tell us so much about the one we claim to follow.

Ive always had somewhat of an interest in the Hebrews and their history, as both sides of my family have Hebrew elements in their linages, and as a Christian I believe that all Israel will be redeemed and the Christians also as grafted in branches.

Oh, by the way, I am sorry for the disingenous crack form the other day Embarassed

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 6:52 pm

Interesting, thanks! Always fascinated by how other people do things (despite my own upbringing, there are plenty of examples of other Christian denominations' practices and doctrines that I'm less familiar with). And no worries! Appreciate you saying so. Smile
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 6:53 pm

think positive wrote:
watt price tully wrote:
Mugwump wrote:
happy new year to you WPT. I love the sense of ancient ritual and meaning in Judaism and I hope you all have a peaceful and wam time with the family (while being on good terms with the cardiac surgeon !).

Cheers Mugwump.

These days it's being with family (a bit like Christmas - which will be at our place this year) - you know mixed marriages: my wife's an Essendon supporter. We still say the besssings before the meal & translate it (this year for my youngests boyfriend)

You married an ......
I'll never able to think of you the same way again

Laughing Laughing

I know but what can I do?

I've been in love with the same woman for the last 38 years.

If Mrs WPT ever finds out I'll be in strife.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:23 pm

Lol!!
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:05 pm

My penis is Jewish.

Happy new year to it and I hope the year ahead sees it being treated kinder than the last.

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:25 pm

swoop42 wrote:
My penis is Jewish.

Happy new year to it and I hope the year ahead sees it being treated kinder than the last.

have you stopped beating it yet? Razz

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:43 pm

swoop42 wrote:
My penis is Jewish.

and in the words of Kinky Friedman

"May the God of your choice bless and keep you. I respect Him as long as He does not circumcise me anymore".

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:49 pm

And in the words of Rodney Rude...

" I got circumcised last week. Anyone need a fanbelt?" Cool

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:52 pm

1000 in binary.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2   

Jump to: